The Student Room Group

realised too late it was a platonic crush - super embarrassed!

A few months ago, I told many of my friends I had a 'crush' on a really close friend of mine. I was new to love, and became 'infatuated' with him - not in a strange, uncomfortable stalker way, just...couldn't get him off my mind and wanted to get to know him!

I told my most trusted friends of course, just totally lost in the moment at the time. But, reflecting, I realise now, with an actual genuine romantic interest, that it was a platonic crush!

I'm slightly embarrassed and don't know what to do or say, I feel like I was too 'in my feels' with my friends and myself, and now that I've changed and reflected on it...I feel like it was a 'moment of weakness' of mine, even if that is horrible to say.

I'm worried that people think I fall in love to easily, or any other negative connotation that comes with this situation. I don't know, it's a bit embarrassing and I'd appreciate some advice to overcome this embarrassment.

Thanks for reading!
Reply 1
Meh, it's a crush, and you felt however you were feeling at the time. Most people have them, and no doubt including your friends. Don't overthink it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending