The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nyancats

Just have to do it again which is the annoying part - my waiting time is 5 weeks. If I could take it again tomorrow, I wouldn't even be bothered that i'd just failed

Have you looked for those cancellation services ? Haven't used any personally, but I have heard people find another test date pretty quick.
Failed this morning. 4 minors but failed on my parallel park. :frown:
Original post by majid81
Have you looked for those cancellation services ? Haven't used any personally, but I have heard people find another test date pretty quick.

Yeah i've looked, but as i'm home most days I can check myself by refreshing every half hour or so. So don't think i'll invest. Do I have to book a test to see the cancellations? Or will it just show me the earliest tests on the "Book your practical test" page?
Yeah feeling good about the next one. I WILL pass next time. No point getting upset I suppose it was just a mistake :unsure:

Just learn from it and I'm sure you will be aware the next time you are driving :smile:

I think you have to book a test to be able to see earlier test dates but I'm not 100% sure! Just book the earliest and keep refreshing to find a new one that is 10 days from today
Yeah i've looked, but as i'm home most days I can check myself by refreshing every half hour or so. So don't think i'll invest. Do I have to book a test to see the cancellations? Or will it just show me the earliest tests on the "Book your practical test" page?

I'm not too sure how it works, but I think you have to book a test first, then they will look for earliest available cancellations.
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Just learn from it and I'm sure you will be aware the next time you are driving :smile:

I think you have to book a test to be able to see earlier test dates but I'm not 100% sure! Just book the earliest and keep refreshing to find a new one that is 10 days from today

Yeah I will know for next time. I'm not sure, because surely they are all on the same list - as in you see the same list when you book and when you go to change your booking. Surely it would be unfair to make cancellations exclusive... if an appointment is cancelled, it's open for anybody to have - a new booker or an existing one. Surely!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah, I saw the no entry signs but then my head just got really confused. Obviously you are supposed to "drive on/ahead" unless he directs you otherwise. But I knew I couldn't... but then I also knew he hadn't told me to go left... and I just inched a bit too far. I was nowhere near going in because I knew I couldn't, but he obviously thought I was just too close. No point getting upset it was just a mistake and I know if I didn't do it i'd have passed.

Just have to do it again which is the annoying part - my waiting time is 5 weeks. If I could take it again tomorrow, I wouldn't even be bothered that i'd just failed

This is how I feel, it's always the waiting time that's the worst. Anyway better luck next time, all my tests have been similar to yours. A good sheet, not many minors but just one silly error causing me to fail.

In my 3 tests I could say if I just did that one thing differently I'd have passed, that's the frustrating thing. I feel like I should have passed 1st time really and here I am going into my 4th!
Original post by ajspurs
This is how I feel, it's always the waiting time that's the worst. Anyway better luck next time, all my tests have been similar to yours. A good sheet, not many minors but just one silly error causing me to fail.

In my 3 tests I could say if I just did that one thing differently I'd have passed, that's the frustrating thing. I feel like I should have passed 1st time really and here I am going into my 4th!

Yes exactly how I feel. I just want to pass now. My drive is fine and I barely get any minors, it's just one mistake. Like my mistake today - there was absolutely nobody around either. It's just one tiny thing that keeps making me fail and it's getting really frustrating. I'm refreshing the "find a test date" literally like every 10 minutes.
Yes exactly how I feel. I just want to pass now. My drive is fine and I barely get any minors, it's just one mistake. Like my mistake today - there was absolutely nobody around either. It's just one tiny thing that keeps making me fail and it's getting really frustrating. I'm refreshing the "find a test date" literally like every 10 minutes.

Yeah it's really frustrating. In my first test I was in the wrong lane when approaching the roundabout, a really stupid mistake. Second time I hesitated on a traffic light controlled roundabout because I saw a lorry moving towards me from my right side still, another silly (but understandable IMO) mistake as had I just kept going normally, I would have passed, or you could say had that lorry not been there I would have passed too! The third time I slowed down and looked but didn't come to a complete stop when there was 'stop' written on the road, I admit I didn't see it but I hate thinking that had I just bloody stopped completely at that point I would have passed! Such avoidable errors.

I just hate how each time I've driven almost perfectly for 35 minutes, completed my manoeuvre perfectly and like you one single thing has had me fail 3 times.

I'm looking for a cancellation too. It's a couple of days until I can actually take a test after that 10 day period so I'll be over the moon if I find one soon. Good luck in finding one!

Also, can you remember feeling as devastated as you do when you come home after failing? I actually don't think I can, it might be just because I want it so bad plus I have a car waiting for me outside my house!
(edited 8 years ago)
I failed :frown: So annoyed! My sheet was really good only 4 minors.

One dangerous... we went down a one way street and I edged too close towards a "no entry" zone, had to brake and reverse back and go left. If it hadn't of happened, he said I would have passed. I'm getting SO frustrated with this thing!!! Next time for sure.

awww im gutted for you!!...

if no one was around couldnt he have just given you a minor?
Original post by ajspurs
Yeah it's really frustrating. In my first test I was in the wrong lane when approaching the roundabout, a really stupid mistake. Second time I hesitated on a traffic light controlled roundabout because I saw a lorry moving towards me from my right side still, another silly (but understandable IMO) mistake as had I just kept going normally, I would have passed, or you could say had that lorry not been there I would have passed too! The third time I slowed down and looked but didn't come to a complete stop when there was 'stop' written on the road, I admit I didn't see it but I hate thinking that had I just bloody stopped completely at that point I would have passed! Such avoidable errors.

I just hate how each time I've driven almost perfectly for 35 minutes, completed my manoeuvre perfectly and like you one single thing has had me fail 3 times.

I'm looking for a cancellation too. It's a couple of days until I can actually take a test after that 10 day period so I'll be over the moon if I find one soon. Good luck in finding one!

Also, can you remember feeling as devastated as you do when you come home after failing? I actually don't think I can, it might be just because I want it so bad plus I have a car waiting for me outside my house!

1st time I failed for speed approaching a corner, I should have been more aware of this on a country lane. 2nd time I failed for my speed - didn't see a 20 sign on a VERY wide side street, so assumed it was 30. Today I failed for edging towards a no entry street. It's so, so annoying. I drive really well for the 35 minutes too (in my head i'm thinking... I haven't done anything wrong so far?)

Omg my current waiting time is 9 weeks it's actually ridiculous - if you could re-book quickly i'm sure less people would fail as they would have less time to sit around being nervous wrecks. I'm desperately looking for a cancellation in 2 weeks after my 10 day period. I really hope something comes up, i've actually memorised my driving license number from typing it in so many times :laugh:

And no :frown: It's the most soul destroying, emotionally (and financially!) draining feeling ever. I have a car i'm insured on and I can drive it fine, I love to drive and I feel comfortable and in control. I wish these stupid mistakes would stop. I really have to pass next time, it's really getting to me now.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by spurslass63

It's not how it works unfortunately. When I approached the roundabout in the wrong lane I still checked my mirrors and made sure it was safe before coming off and there was no one around me but I got a major just because their could have been someone there. Sucks that even if you realise your mistake and amend it in some capacity it's all too late.
Original post by spurslass63

This is exactly what I thought!!! Not fair. Because it wasn't "dangerous" at the time - I didn't cause any danger to anybody; nobody was around :frown: I just had to brake (quite quickly i'll admit!), reverse back a little bit and go left.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ajspurs
It's not how it works unfortunately. When I approached the roundabout in the wrong lane I still checked my mirrors and made sure it was safe before coming off and there was no one around me but I got a major just because their could have been someone there. Sucks that even if you realise your mistake and amend it in some capacity it's all too late.

Yeah it's the most annoying thing!
1st time I failed for speed approaching a corner, I should have been more aware of this on a country lane. 2nd time I failed for my speed - didn't see a 20 sign on a VERY wide side street, so assumed it was 30. Today I failed for edging towards a no entry street. It's so, so annoying. I drive really well for the 35 minutes too (in my head i'm thinking... I haven't done anything wrong so far?)

Omg my current waiting time is 9 weeks it's actually ridiculous - if you could re-book quickly i'm sure less people would fail as they would have less time to sit around being nervous wrecks. I'm desperately looking for a cancellation in 2 weeks after my 10 day period. I really hope something comes up, i've actually memorised my driving license number from typing it in so many times :laugh:

And no :frown: It's the most soul destroying, emotionally (and financially!) draining feeling ever. I have a car i'm insured on and I can drive it fine, I love to drive and I feel comfortable and in control. I wish these stupid mistakes would stop. I really have to pass next time, it's really getting to me now.

Wow yeah your fails are even more avoidable than mine. Failing on speed must be so frustrating, to think that if you just drove slower on that occasion you would have passed! It's horrible when you think you've passed, on my first 2 I knew those errors could have had me fail but the 3rd time, as I didn't see the stop sign I thought I'd passed :frown: Haha I have my license and application number saved in my 'notes' on my laptop so I just copy and paste them :biggrin:

Wow 9 weeks! That's really bad... I've managed to get a cancellation every time thus far so am hopeful I'll find one again.

I'm exactly the same, love driving my car, just want to be able to do so on my own and whenever I want now :frown:
Original post by ajspurs
Wow yeah your fails are even more avoidable than mine. Failing on speed must be so frustrating, to think that if you just drove slower on that occasion you would have passed! It's horrible when you think you've passed, on my first 2 I knew those errors could have had me fail but the 3rd time, as I didn't see the stop sign I thought I'd passed :frown: Haha I have my license and application number saved in my 'notes' on my laptop so I just copy and paste them :biggrin:

Wow 9 weeks! That's really bad... I've managed to get a cancellation every time thus far so am hopeful I'll find one again.

I'm exactly the same, love driving my car, just want to be able to do so on my own and whenever I want now :frown:

Yep it's horrible but in the past now. I'm glad I failed the first 2 times in a way as it made me so much more aware of my driving and made me a better driver. But both those times, I thought i'd passed so i'd burst out crying when I got home and had failed. Today, after doing that, I kinda assumed I had failed. So when he told me, I was just like yup thanks i hate myself:yy:

I know it's the worst waiting time it's ever been, i've been lucky finding a cancellation before, so hopefully I can do it again. The test centre said the waiting time was 3 weeks and online the latest one is in 9 which I don't get :s-smilie:

Yep me too, just want my independence now, especially when I know I can do it!!
Yeah I will know for next time. I'm not sure, because surely they are all on the same list - as in you see the same list when you book and when you go to change your booking. Surely it would be unfair to make cancellations exclusive... if an appointment is cancelled, it's open for anybody to have - a new booker or an existing one. Surely!!

Ahh I see, I wasn't sure if you could see new booking times without actually having an appointment. Those will be the same without booking then :smile:
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Ahh I see, I wasn't sure if you could see new booking times without actually having an appointment. Those will be the same without booking then :smile:

I can see all of the days and times :smile: So hopefully new days will pop on there too! I keep refreshing. xx
Original post by majid81
How comes ? I thought there's no point in it.

Isn't there like a 10 day period before you can rebook your test.

Yeah but cancellations might still come available for after that 10 day period? So still worth checking frequently just incase. :smile: 9 weeks is a long time to wait... :frown:
Original post by majid81
Oh I see. I'm not sure how it works. Didn't go looking for a cancellation/rebooking immediately after my first test.

So you can book for any day even now, as long as you find a date which is after those 10 days ?

Provided it's 10 working days from your failed test, you can rebook. Currently where I live it's like a 5 month waiting list. It's pretty poo but if you book your test and then look for cancelations (You gotta be mighty fast) you'll get one. Mines Friday and I failed mine 2 weeks ago today. Literarily every second I kept refreshing.

Hope this will be the last I have to book. I WILL PASS - I WILL PASS :biggrin: T

Latest

Trending

Trending