The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5560
Hey errybody - i just wanted to drop by and say that if you failed ,so what? I GET its disgusting to think of all the money spent, the time, the nerves, the pressure etc but hey, you will pass sooner or later - just keep going!

I failed at least 6 times before I finally passed over the course of four years. Worry not! you got this. YOU ARE AMAZING AND YOU SHALL OVERCOME.

GOD BLESS!
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Don't lose hope! Was that your first test?

Oh noo I'm sorry to hear that :frown: Definitely get some more lessons in and book another test

Yeah, hopefully a few more lessons should do the trick!
Original post by husn
Hey errybody - i just wanted to drop by and say that if you failed ,so what? I GET its disgusting to think of all the money spent, the time, the nerves, the pressure etc but hey, you will pass sooner or later - just keep going!

I failed at least 6 times before I finally passed over the course of four years. Worry not! you got this. YOU ARE AMAZING AND YOU SHALL OVERCOME.

GOD BLESS!

Thanks for all the positive vibes :smile:
How do you guys find cancellations?
Original post by TheThugSlug

Go on the Drivers test booking website and log on everyday around evening time, keep refreshing and you'll hopefully find a cancellation you need to hurry because they do get snapped up
Original post by husn

GOD BLESS!

I failed 1 time and I'm close to quitting if I fail a second time, these driving tests are just so annoying and nerve racking. But I need to pass my test, it will help with my career
Failed today! 1 major for going too slow! :frown:
Reply 5567
Original post by TheThugSlug

I found a really usefull app, basically just tap in your driving test details and it gives you a notification when an earlier one is available! Just search "driving test cancellations" and it should come up, the logo is like a little round union jack with an L on it :smile:
Original post by _icecream
I failed 1 time and I'm close to quitting if I fail a second time, these driving tests are just so annoying and nerve racking. But I need to pass my test, it will help with my career

Don't give up!! I failed 3 times before I passed, its super disheartening but its so good when you pass! Its actually been a year exactly today since I passed :biggrin:
Original post by Awztfghjoo
Failed today! 1 major for going too slow! :frown:

How slow were you going?
If you don't perform a manoeuvre well, say reversing round the corner, would you be failed on it or would you get a minor? I am really bad at corner reverse, I can never get the car parallel to the kerb without my instructor telling me what to do throughout the whole thing.
Original post by JoshEx
I found a really usefull app, basically just tap in your driving test details and it gives you a notification when an earlier one is available! Just search "driving test cancellations" and it should come up, the logo is like a little round union jack with an L on it :smile:

failed my test today, for one annoying reason :frown:(( So I'm gonna try this out to get an earlier test date! Thank you!
Original post by IKStudent
If you don't perform a manoeuvre well, say reversing round the corner, would you be failed on it or would you get a minor? I am really bad at corner reverse, I can never get the car parallel to the kerb without my instructor telling me what to do throughout the whole thing.

You can be failed if you hit the kerb, I'm not sure about if you are too far away from it though

Original post by Ebaysass
failed my test today, for one annoying reason :frown:(( So I'm gonna try this out to get an earlier test date! Thank you!

What happened?
You can be failed if you hit the kerb, I'm not sure about if you are too far away from it though

What happened?

I got 3 minors for not stopping close enough to the curb whenever he asked me to stop on the left, it turned it a major :frown:(
Original post by Ebaysass
I got 3 minors for not stopping close enough to the curb whenever he asked me to stop on the left, it turned it a major :frown:(

Oh noo :frown: Try to practise that in lessons to make sure it won't happen again
Oh noo :frown: Try to practise that in lessons to make sure it won't happen again

i think it was just down to nerves :frown:(( My instructor said to book the test again and just keep an eye on it!
Don't give up!! I failed 3 times before I passed, its super disheartening but its so good when you pass! Its actually been a year exactly today since I passed :biggrin:

How slow were you going?

Thanks I'm struggling on the reverse around corner maneuvers I wish they'd scrapped this maneuver it's so hard............... I have a few weeks left till my next test I'm not sure how many lessons I actually need
Thanks I'm struggling on the reverse around corner maneuvers I wish they'd scrapped this maneuver it's so hard............... I have a few weeks left till my next test I'm not sure how many lessons I actually need

Do a few lessons on just reversing round the corner youl soon get the hang of just keep going really slow, your ment to be a drains with from the curb at all times. You can fail for being too far away from it and you have to stop 2 car lengths away from the corner. I had an awful one on my test I was dreading it because I can do every other one perfectly. Remember if you can see it fm going wrong start it again :smile: good luck

I used to hate them too until my instructor practically made me do a whole lesson on them :tongue: She kept taking me to a horrible one which was a reverse around a corner but up a hill.
Ask your instructor for a lesson just on the reverse around the corner and keep doing that with anything else you feel uncomfortable with. Then do a few mock tests to test you on everything :smile:
Reply 5578
Original post by AmazingAmirah786
Thanks :smile: And when pulling out of a t junction do you have to wait for the other driver to turn in before you pull out in case they change their mind?

And I always get confused between when to do 30 or 40. Would it be safe to say, 'do 30 when unsure' -However, I could fail for underspeeding right????

If the speed limit is anything other than 30, there have to be repeater signs. These are small signs showing the speed limit (they're identical to other speed limit signs, but just are a bit smaller in diameter) and are usually on lamp posts. So you just need to look for the signs.

Another way to tell is to look at side roads. If there are no speed limit signs on the entry to the side road, this is because the road you are on has the same speed limit. Since side roads are usually 30, this means you're in a 30 limit area too. If there are signs on the side road your road has a different limit - so look for the repeater signs to find it.
Has anyone had Paddy "No Heart"?

Latest

Trending

Trending