Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
- Pasta
- Casseroles
- Chicken curry
- Spag bol
- Frozen food (but not ready meals).

I never eat ready meals, and most things I cook are cooked fresh. I don't even use standard dolmio mixes.

I do tend to eat the same stuff, but I like it and it's easy to do.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
these frozen bags of fillets of fish you can get in sainsburys, Tuna sandwiches, and noodles. i dont really like microwaved stuff.
Reply 3
does the campus supermarket satisfy your dietry needs in general or do u find it necessary to go to the town? i dont want to be lugging food to a bus stop and then watching it defrost on a bus lol! having said that i dont shop for food myself atm so it might be a fun new experience! :p:
Reply 4
I mainly eat pasta dishes and jacket potatoes.
I eat toast, fruit and microwave meals, all three of these things I hate.
Reply 6
i i eat what some one cooks me :smile: . for some reason some of my female friends have cooked for me 3 times this week. but that’s a exception unfortunately. i normally eat pizza, pasta, bacon etc. anything that is easy and quick.
Spar on Campus is OK. The fruit and veg isn't that great, but they do nice salads for lunches, sandwhiches and hot dinners- which are good value for money. The meat is nice (we had lamb the other night from there) but not really nice if you know what I mean.

We tend to pay more for good food and spend less on drinking(My boyfriend is a health freak and a chef and is really fussy about the quality of food)... Generally we go to Asda to buy bulk things - toilet paper, cartoons of juice, rice, pasta, diluting juice, cleaning stuff.

There's a booths just down from the University which has some really nice food, more expensive, but lots of specials going on. Tend to buy meat and fruit and veg from there.

We also go to the Saturday and Wednesday markets for veg and the Lancaster Market has a really nice fish shop (there's also some nice fish shops in Morecambe).

So, yes our diet is varied I suppose. We both eat more than our 5+2 of fruit and veg a day, lots of soups, salads, pasta with homemade sauces and lots of fish.

In town there's a lot more choice, Marks and Sparks, Iceland, Wilkinsons and Sainsburys so yeah, if you have the time to do then shop around and save some money. There's also morrisons in Morecambe which is hell cheap. Coop is a rip off :biggrin:
Reply 8
Seems about 80% of my meals are delivered in tins and cooked in the microwave. I'm fond of the quickness.

- Hunger Breaks (Bean based meals in a tin \o/)
- Spaghetti
- Pasta
- Hot Dogs
- Tuna

And then the oven provides cookage of various meats.

Oh - and, still tins, plenty of fruit :smile:
Oh - and, still tins, plenty of fruit

haha i had a whole tin of pineapple for lunch yeaterday it was great!:biggrin:
Ok,

Pasta
Eggs (fried, scrambeled,boiled, in an omlette etc)
Frozen foods i.e chips, chicken burger, fish fingers
Pot noodles
Diet coke

Erm....
Beer is a big part of it too. Having just given this some thought. :p:
Reply 12
Ok so far no one appears to have mentioned toasties! By far the best thing ever to have been invented! Quick and easy and my staple uni food!

beigel
I eat microwave meals, soup, pizza, chips, beans on toast, toast, jacket potatoes and super noodles... When my boyfriend's here and I have someone to cook for I'll make things like curry, spag bog etc.

Yeah, I eat crap. :biggrin:
Pizza, chips, spag bol, and I snack on random crap much of the day.
Retardchar
I eat microwave meals, soup, pizza, chips, beans on toast, toast, jacket potatoes and super noodles... When my boyfriend's here and I have someone to cook for I'll make things like curry, spag bog etc.

Yeah, I eat crap. :biggrin:

So do i!

Ahhh the joy of being a student! :biggrin:
Reply 16
i live off Eggs, beans and fruit!
oh yer i also eat LOADS of those 39p flapjacks from campus spar. Cherry and sultana probably the favourite at the moment. They are surprisingly very filling.
Reply 18
I tend to justify my trips to Greggs by buying the sandwich with the most lettuce on in the hope that it's healthier than anything else in there and it might cancel out the sausage roll that i usually but too :biggrin:

And i really shouldn't eat as many ready meals as i do, but they're so quick and easy it's hard not to just live off them.
Same goes for those 99p pizzas from Spar
Reply 19
Bowland
99p pizzas from Spar

They sound good!

Latest

Trending

Trending