The Student Room Group

*** Dentistry 2013 Applications ***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by others
If you ask stupid questions, then expect stupid answers ...

What's with all this tension recently? Twice I've seen prospective dentists be very unhelpful; not exactly congruent with the person you're trying to be!

He was just asking for some advice, ease up! :wink:
Reply 581
Thinking of applying for denistry for 2014.Ive picked bio maths chem and psychology also going to try Access to leeds so I can get the grade bounderies to hopefully ABB,I have 8Bs GCSE and was wondering if you think I have a chance at denistry?:smile: Thankyouu.
Reply 582
Original post by Bonzo10
What's with all this tension recently? Twice I've seen prospective dentists be very unhelpful; not exactly congruent with the person you're trying to be!

He was just asking for some advice, ease up! :wink:

Advice for a question that can be easily anwered by checking the websites and already asked by dozens of people on here already. :wink:
the questions in here are getting super ridiculous though

" i just got 700 on the UKCAT and have all A* did i mess up? will i be good enough for kings? :frown: "
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by rickydentistry

" i just got 700 on the UKCAT and have all A* did i mess up? will i be good enough for kings? :frown: "

Is that for real? did i just miss it?!?!
that is ridiculous
Original post by Bonzo10
Hey, good luck!

Mine is going to be quite a late one I believe. Where did you end up applying to?

aw thank you :smile: yeah mine is a tad early, but my school finishes for october holidays on friday so they wanted to send it off before then :smile:
in the end I decided on Dundee, Glasgow, Sheffield and King's!
Sending my form off Friday:frown:
Reply 587
Original post by others
No.

just wondering what is the average that barts want? i just thought it was above a total of 2400 like it says on the website?!?
Reply 588
I'm not doing a level biology does that matter

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by suzan0101
I'm not doing a level biology does that matter

Actually, I think it does because most want chem and bio. Someone correct me if im wrong.
Reply 590
This is going to sound really weird, but I was reading Newcastle's website there. They say if you're successful you have to provide proof of immunisation against various viruses. So, if you had chickenpox as a kid (varicella), you can't apply to be a dentist? I say this not randomly, but because they ask for immunisation against varicella on their website.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 591
Original post by KnifeWrench
I withdrew after a year on an unrelated course and decided to apply for dentistry.

I have A*A*AA (Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics), and scored 667.5 average in my UKCAT.
(Also 7A*4As at GCSE)

I'm finding it so difficult to decide on my choices! Before the UKCAT I was interested in King's, Bart's, Manchester and Bristol. Since my score is pretty average I am thinking of replacing King's with Leeds?

Can anyone advise me on which unis I have a shot at?

Thanks!

Unless you have months of work experience probably not Leeds, the UKCAT is high enough based on last year for kings

is 658 good enough for newcastle, cardiff, kings? thanksx
Reply 593
which unis are more leniant with ukcat?

got 637.5
its my second year applying but i am unsure on where to apply
neg rep?!?!
Original post by genius017
which unis are more leniant with ukcat?

got 637.5
its my second year applying but i am unsure on where to apply

liverpool,bristol,birmingham and leeds dont require the ukcat so you will be safe applying to those
Hi, I was wondering which dental schools (undergrad.) would be suitable for my application.

GCSEs: 7A*s, 3A's, 1B (in English Lang.)
AS Levels: 3A's 1B (in Chemistry)
A2 Predicted grades: A*AAA
UKCAT: 642.5
Work experience: 2 weeks in a GDP, 1 week in a Maxillo-Facial dep., Volunteered weekly at a care home for 1 year.

Thanks.
Reply 597
Original post by dooset*daram
liverpool,bristol,birmingham and leeds dont require the ukcat so you will be safe applying to those

I applied to bham bristol leeds and manch last year...i got rejected from all
bham gave me an interview so i cant apply there..where else would you reccomend instead of bham?
Thanks
Reply 598
Original post by genius017
I applied to bham bristol leeds and manch last year...i got rejected from all
bham gave me an interview so i cant apply there..where else would you reccomend instead of bham?
Thanks

have you considered cardiff?
Also, if you don't mind me asking, what basis did they reject you on? what were you like academically?
Reply 599
Original post by dreamer_
have you considered cardiff?
Also, if you don't mind me asking, what basis did they reject you on? what were you like academically?

no i haven't, do you know what kind of UKCAT scores they look for?

academically i was pretty good i think, i don't know why they rejected me
these are my grades:

9A*'s 2A's and a B in english lit at gcse
last year i had 3A's and a B in maths but i retook 2 of the modules so thats gone up to an A now.
My precicted grades were A*AA then, but i ended up getting 3A's

Quick Reply

Latest