The Student Room Group

*** Dentistry 2013 Applications ***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Does anyone else get this message when they try logging into Apply?

Apply has reached its maximum number of users. Please try again later.
Reply 781
615 is too risky for Newcastle, isn't it?

They had a cut off around 615-625 last year and the scores seem to be better this year, so what do you think?
Reply 782
Original post by Dev*
Leeds for sure!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Any reason in particular?

Reply 783
Original post by Naynay92
Any reason in particular?

How much work experience do you have (duration and variety)? If you have a lot, then go for Leeds.
Reply 784
Original post by chamm-ak
Bristol. :smile:

I was set on Bristol but now I keep changing my mind :'( lol

Reply 785
I was set on Bristol but now I keep changing my mind :'( lol

I'm a grad applying to Leeds, I just said Bristol so there is reduced competition. :lol:
Reply 786
How much work experience do you have (duration and variety)? If you have a lot, then go for Leeds.

In total I probably did about a month and a half in dental surgeries and hospital, and I did 2 years at a kids club but I don't know of that counts or not?

Reply 787
I'm a grad applying to Leeds, I just said Bristol so there is reduced competition. :lol:

Haha! Where else have you applied? :smile:

Reply 788
Haha! Where else have you applied? :smile:

Going to send off my application on Sunday, still doing my PS. I'm applying to KCL (expecting a rejection though because of my v. low UKCAT), Plymouth, Leeds and Manchester.

How about you?
Reply 789
Going to send off my application on Sunday, still doing my PS. I'm applying to KCL (expecting a rejection though because of my v. low UKCAT), Plymouth, Leeds and Manchester.

How about you?

Sweet! I'm doing KCL, Sheffield, Liverpool and still deciding on my 4th.. Was gonna go for UCLAN but realised today you couldn't apply for both UCLAN and lpool.. Which is good coz I didn't really wanna go there anyways haha

Reply 790
Sweet! I'm doing KCL, Sheffield, Liverpool and still deciding on my 4th.. Was gonna go for UCLAN but realised today you couldn't apply for both UCLAN and lpool.. Which is good coz I didn't really wanna go there anyways haha

You can apply to both UCLAN and Liverpool, they are no longer the same course. UCLAN separated from Liverpool around 2 years ago, they're independent now.
Reply 791

Newcastle love graduates, and your degree is very good and UKCAT is excellent so you have a good chance with them. :biggrin:
Reply 792
Newcastle love graduates, and your degree is very good and UKCAT is excellent so you have a good chance with them. :biggrin:

Waaah, I dont like having all these options lol
Reply 793
Waaah, I dont like having all these options lol

A lil' bird tells me that you're pretty much guaranteed an interview if you have the right academics and UKCAT, because they just LOVE graduates! :biggrin:

You have the weekend to think about it.

Have you finished your PS?
Reply 794
A lil' bird tells me that you're pretty much guaranteed an interview if you have the right academics and UKCAT, because they just LOVE graduates! :biggrin:

You have the weekend to think about it.

Have you finished your PS?

Haha this is hard :frown: My tutor wants me to send it before 6 so he can do my reference in time, so yeah.. lol
Reply 795
Haha this is hard :frown: My tutor wants me to send it before 6 so he can do my reference in time, so yeah.. lol

Ah right, well my tutor added the reference in last week, I just need to do this bloody PS and add it into the UCAS form.

I think you should go for:

KCL 4 year
Liverpool 4 year
KCL 5 year
Sheffield 5 year

You got 700 in your UKCAT, use it to your advantage .. i.e. don't bother with 2x non-UKCAT universities. Sheffield, and KCL like the UKCAT. :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 796
the thought of interviews makes me feel sick :frown: i'm so nervous but it feels really arrogant to say that because i may not get any anyway :/ so stressful!
Reply 797

How about you?

hi there i'm applying to kings as well, what was your ukcat ? :smile:
Reply 798
Original post by jojo1995
hi there i'm applying to kings as well, what was your ukcat ? :smile:

Very very very crap, low 600. I'm expecting a rejection, but I'm prepared to have one risky option. They said 665 would have been a competitive score for 2012 entry, mine's around 50 below that lol.
Reply 799
Very very very crap, low 600. I'm expecting a rejection, but I'm prepared to have one risky option. They said 665 would have been a competitive score for 2012 entry, mine's around 50 below that lol.

I dont think Kings puts as much emphasis on UKCAT as other places, they look at everything as a whole.. I know a bunch of graduates that just got into medicine there with scores less than 600.. not sure if its the same for dentistry but cant imagine it will be too different..

Quick Reply

Latest