The Student Room Group

*** Dentistry 2013 Applications ***

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jong94
yeah ive got the second one, you were right, it was in my junk mail box :tongue:

is this a manch interview ?
Reply 1181
Original post by helpinghand
i reckon i could if i hunted for it
i dont know what else i need to take though
- dress smartly
- stay calm
- why do you wanna do dentsitry, what inspired you, why not med, why bham?
- evidence on MD, which didnt seem necessary!!
i still need to email the lady to tell her im coming! XD
ahhh ssoo nervous!xx

Yea I suppose I wouldn't worry about it as its so soon.
That's probably all you need to know, you might get a question like why not a dental nurse/hygienist/technician. Oh don't be! I'm sure you will be fine :smile: x

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I've done a Henna course and I've done my Piano grade 2.
I can bring pics of my henna stufff, but i've lost my piano certificate xD

I don't want to put a downer on things but I remember at some open days (can't remember if Birmingham) they said musical instruments isn't good enough due to no fine motor control so don't worry too much about the certificate . The henna should be ok though, take some pictures or try doing some on your hand to show them at the interview
PEOPLE

ah that was just to get your attention lol i have a question which is this:

you know how the average ukcat score was pretty high this year, do you think the medics pushed it up and us dental hopefuls average may have been slightly lower? because i need this to be the case haha i got 660 and my GCSE's aren't great compared to others (4a* 5a 1b 1c in french)

so yeah and good luck to the person above me btw and anyone else who has an interview soon
Original post by idunnotbh
PEOPLE

ah that was just to get your attention lol i have a question which is this:

you know how the average ukcat score was pretty high this year, do you think the medics pushed it up and us dental hopefuls average may have been slightly lower? because i need this to be the case haha i got 660 and my GCSE's aren't great compared to others (4a* 5a 1b 1c in french)

so yeah and good luck to the person above me btw and anyone else who has an interview soon

I don't think they differentiate between the courses people are doing when setting the overall average. So I don't think the dental average will be lower.
Original post by Rock Paper Spock
I don't want to put a downer on things but I remember at some open days (can't remember if Birmingham) they said musical instruments isn't good enough due to no fine motor control so don't worry too much about the certificate . The henna should be ok though, take some pictures or try doing some on your hand to show them at the interview

ahh, didnt know that! thanks buddy!
yeah, i have photos on my phone, so will have to put them on my laptop and print them out!
i tried on myself - it epiccly failed, and it stinks!! :P
ahh, didnt know that! thanks buddy!
yeah, i have photos on my phone, so will have to put them on my laptop and print them out!
i tried on myself - it epiccly failed, and it stinks!! :P

No problem. That would get you remembered though as the girl who smelt funny which could be beneficial :tongue: Good luck for your interview!
Original post by Rock Paper Spock
No problem. That would get you remembered though as the girl who smelt funny which could be beneficial :tongue: Good luck for your interview!

HAHA! you sure know how to make someone laugh xD
Thanks!xx
for relevant GCSES:
Chem - A*
Bio - A*
Maths - A* (best one, 595/600 UMS!!)
Physics - A
Eng Lang - A
Eng Lit - B (one mark off A!!!)

overall, inclusive, i got...

3A*s, 8As, 2 Distinctions, 1B
i think :P

I thought they required 7/8 A*s at least?? :O
Original post by jong94
yeah ive got the second one, you were right, it was in my junk mail box :tongue:

oh okay :smile: glad to hear that
Original post by StraightUpG
is this a manch interview ?

its a confirmation email from plymouth
daamnn some of you have got amazing stats

plus are manual dexterity examples important?!?! just I haven't got **** (kcl is my 1st choice so do they ask for examples?)
(edited 11 years ago)
no interviews yet....scary :frown:
Original post by dooset*daram

that's for medicine xD
no interviews yet....scary :frown:

it'll comr, give it time!xxx
Reply 1195

No, it only says on the website A* in biology and chemistry (or A*A* in double science) and A in English Lang and Maths.

Reply 1196
this report gives the stats for UKCAT

http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/2012%20Testing%20Statistics.Pdf

Sorry if it puts anyone down but allows you to see where u are
that's for medicine xD

did they change their policy this year? im sure last year in college they told us that birmingham need at least 8 A*s
i could have applied there instead of belfast dammmmmmm :frown:
Original post by chunks_
No, it only says on the website A* in biology and chemistry (or A*A* in double science) and A in English Lang and Maths.

oh I didn;t know that :/ im so stupid I should have checked their website ughhhhh:frown:
Original post by lou95-xox
I have got an interview for dentistry at birmingham!! :frown: only gave me 6 days notice :redface: its on tuesday 30th october, WORRIED x x

Hey how was ur interview?

Quick Reply

Latest