The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by minimarshmallow
If we share the same views why have you said that we don't give up even when we're proven wrong? Surely that would mean you were proven wrong as well?

Seriously you again?

I'm going to bed, probably return to TSR in a few days, can't wait.
Original post by green.tea
I see something wrong with the suggestion that we should do anything other than act in the childs best interests.

You have yet to show he we aren't...:s-smilie:
I see something wrong with the suggestion that we should do anything other than act in the childs best interests.

By governing who he or she is able to be adopted by and limiting and filtering their options? OK.

You're not acting in the child's best interest; you're acting in your own socially conditioned interest.
Original post by iSMark
Seriously you again?

I'm going to bed, probably return to TSR in a few days, can't wait.

That's fine. I've lost most interest in what you have to say.
I'm just curious as to why you're trying to say I'm wrong when we actually agree (mostly) on the original point.
Original post by The Doggfather
Bet none of you would be happy telling the world you have two queer dads

Are you a mind reader?
Maybe you should work on your mind reading powers, because I actually wouldn't care.
Bet none of you would be happy telling the world you have two queer dads

I'd have no problem with it. Why would you? :confused:
Reply 386
That's fine. I've lost most interest in what you have to say.
I'm just curious as to why you're trying to say I'm wrong when we actually agree (mostly) on the original point.

I don't know why we disagree. The thing is, when I disagree with you I get 3-4 of your friends quoting me back and it all gets rather hectic. Maybe I should have just ignored them.
Original post by Numan786
does a bear **** in the woods??

Not if it's a polar bear. :wink:
Original post by iSMark
I don't know why we disagree. The thing is, when I disagree with you I get 3-4 of your friends quoting me back and it all gets rather hectic. Maybe I should have just ignored them.

Right, let me get this straight (no pun intended): Do you think that gay people should be able to adopt children?
If the answer is yes, stop arguing with me, as we think the same thing.
Best get onto the princes trust and tell them that boys clearly suffering effects of the lack of a male role model will be fine if we chuck in a couple of extra female ones. They'll kick themselves wondering why they never thought of it before.
Reply 390
quote it, please, because I never said that gay couples shouldn't be able to adopt.

Here is an easy quote for you:

'I believe gay/lesbian couples should have the right to adopt.'

You seem to want me not to say that though....almost as if you want me to argue back (troll?)
Reply 391
Right, let me get this straight (no pun intended): Do you think that gay people should be able to adopt children?
If the answer is yes, stop arguing with me, as we think the same thing.

Yes.
Everyone would have a massive problem with having two queers for parents. You would be bullied regardless, would you be happy with chronic bullying?

I have straight parents and was bullied relentlessly. The reason wouldn't have made a difference.
I also know someone with two lesbian mothers, and he's never been bullied for it.
Everyone would have a massive problem with having two queers for parents. You would be bullied regardless, would you be happy with chronic bullying?

Why would anyone have a massive problem with having homosexuals for parents? And people wouldn't necessarily be bullied...what makes you say that?
Reply 394

The 383 people who voted 'yes' seem to disagree with you. If 'everyone' had a problem with it we wouldn't even be having this discussion. What a silly thing to say.
Best get onto the princes trust and tell them that boys clearly suffering effects of the lack of a male role model will be fine if we chuck in a couple of extra female ones. They'll kick themselves wondering why they never thought of it before.

Boys with a single mother are not the same as boys with two lesbian mothers.
Reply 396
I don't believe this a black and white issue though, people will always have views in the middle.
Original post by iSMark
I don't believe this a black and white issue though, people will always have views in the middle.

That doesn't mean the views in the middle are correct though. Thus far data says that there are no such problems with homosexual couples. They are incomparable to single parent households.

You should probably look into what the government is doing to support those families that are lacking in the male role model. Are they providing new fathers? No. They are giving, money resources, and people (men and women) to be the children's role models. So remind me again how two females or two males cannot fulfill both parenting roles. You also have failed to understand that the government is providing role models outside the family unit. Which agains shows how wrong you are because the role model can in fact come from outside the family unit.
(edited 11 years ago)
Im glad your degree has equipped you to form such a well reasoned argument.

Latest

Trending

Trending