The Student Room Group

I can't park straight!!

My friends all laugh at me when I park I'm either over the line or at a realy strange wonky angle.
The weird thing is that I can reverse in fine because I learnt that for the driving test but when it comes to parking forwards I completely fail??

Anyone got any advice is it easier to park in a space to the right so you have more room to swing in because your drive on the left?
Reply 1
Why not reverse in then?
Reply 2
knew this would be a girl
Im like this too hehe :smile: I have to swing in, over the line by a mile, reverse it back out till its straight then drive back into the space again.. Ive seen alot of people do it! its fine I think its just getting used to the swing, sometimes some spaces are wider than others which annoys me :frown:!
Practise I guess. Maybe your going in at too tight a angle.
Reply 5
Reversing in is better anyway, so do that.

I have driven for 2 and a half years now and I only reverse in and it's never been a problem.
I'm much much better at reversing in than I am at parking forwards. Just reverse in - it's easier to get out that way anyway :smile:
Reply 7
You're not on your own.
Visit the local supermarket. Most things are "abandoned" rather than parked!
Reply 8
Original post by laurentommo
Im like this too hehe :smile: I have to swing in, over the line by a mile, reverse it back out till its straight then drive back into the space again.. Ive seen alot of people do it! its fine I think its just getting used to the swing, sometimes some spaces are wider than others which annoys me :frown:!

What do you drive?
Original post by markisanark
What do you drive?

a mini
Original post by laurentommo
a mini

Snap! Like a proper Mini or the Countryman?

Mark
Reply 11
Unless your car is able to turn its rear wheels, you'll never be able to park perfectly front-way in, unless you ride the curb or the space is several car lengths. This is because the back wheels take a shallower approach than the front wheels whenever you turn. Just reverse it and if anyone says they can do it front-way in, just tell them they're a lying idiot.
Reply 12
That's nothing, I can't think straight half the time. :')
Original post by markisanark
Snap! Like a proper Mini or the Countryman?

Mark

Mini one with racing stripes :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending