The Student Room Group

Finding muscular men attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by desdemonata
A friend of mine doesn't exercise at all and is overweight, but that's because she can't as she's had back problems since birth. It's a bit sweeping to assume that every single person who doesn't exercise isn't doing it because they're lazy. Maybe they think that they're healthy and fit enough without working out, or maybe they simply don't care about such things, or maybe, like my friend, they have actual medical conditions. Sure laziness is probably the main cause of people not being bothered, but it won't be the only one.

Most people who don't exercise do so out of laziness. Your friend is an exception, not the rule...:K:
I swim and cycle, sure, but I don't go to the gym or anything like that. I go swimming and cycling because I enjoy them, not exactly to be fit.

Hmmm in Spain that's hardly unusual. I know plenty of girls whose only exercise is walking, maybe sometimes to the beach (where they don't swim :confused:).

Yeah I know a lot of women in Spain walk, I sweear the woman next door was fitter than me and she was 91 :rofl:
Original post by Yung Mon£y
Most people who don't exercise do so out of laziness. Your friend is an exception, not the rule...:K:

My point was that there are exceptions, and that just saying "not working out = laziness" is flawed.
Original post by Nick1sHere
Yeah I know a lot of women in Spain walk, I sweear the woman next door was fitter than me and she was 91 :rofl:

Maybe she's the long-lost wifey of the 90 year old man in my town who hobbles around the local bars to get free drinks :lol:
Maybe she's the long-lost wifey of the 90 year old man in my town who hobbles around the local bars to get free drinks :lol:

Maybe haha... Tbf I hardly ever saw that many people in Spain like jogging or working out

Might just have been I wasn't looking out for it though :confused:
Maybe haha... Tbf I hardly ever saw that many people in Spain like jogging or working out

Might just have been I wasn't looking out for it though :confused:

Don't worry, I haven't seen hardly any either and I've been living here for some time, and of my friends maybe... uh, one of them works out. In a slightly generalising fashion, I'll state that Spaniards are pretty laidback and don't really care about that kinda thing. And to be fair, it's so damn hot here the thought of physical exercise is kinda :nooo:
Don't worry, I haven't seen hardly any either and I've been living here for some time, and of my friends maybe... uh, one of them works out. In a slightly generalising fashion, I'll state that Spaniards are pretty laidback and don't really care about that kinda thing. And to be fair, it's so damn hot here the thought of physical exercise is kinda :nooo:

How hot is it there now? :smile:

And thinking about it we didn't do any specific exercise to keep fit but we did play football like everyday.
How hot is it there now? :smile:

And thinking about it we didn't do any specific exercise to keep fit but we did play football like everyday.

Gosh. I live 1000ft up so a couple of degrees lower than Barcelona itself, and its 31 degrees centigrade. And its freaking cloudy, so it's horribly humid too. Bluegh, too hot :frown:

Yeah a lot of the guys I know play football at least once a week, and one girl I know joins in and bruises their egos :lol:
(edited 11 years ago)
Gosh. I live 1000ft up so a couple of degrees lower than Barcelona itself, and its 31 degrees centigrade. And its freaky cloudy, so it's horribly humid too. Bluegh, too hot :frown:

Yeah a lot of the guys I know play football at least once a week, and one girl I know joins in and bruises their egos :lol:

I miss the weather :frown: I do hate it when its cloudy and hot though... Its just not as good
Reply 349
I'm tired of hot weather, living in Florida with hot weather and nothing to do kills.
I miss the weather :frown: I do hate it when its cloudy and hot though... Its just not as good

I miss british weather :biggrin: I much prefer cold weather (snow! :love:). Nobody agrees with me :colondollar: but there we go.
Original post by ct2k7
I'm tired of hot weather, living in Florida with hot weather and nothing to do kills.

I know what you mean. Since school's ended I've had the typical celebratory period, and now I'm stuck in the heat bored with nothing to distract me from the fact that I'm being cooked alive :nooo: But the only thing worse than that would be having to work in this heat :lol:
Reply 352
My point was that there are exceptions, and that just saying "not working out = laziness" is flawed.

True. It should be rephrased to "not working out = laziness in the majority of cases" - but your friend is an exception.
Reply 353
Original post by llessur123
x

Original post by stayce88
x

What say you two to this fella's build?

Original post by QwentyJ

I say: YUM :drool:
Reply 355
Original post by ct2k7
I have biggish arms at 11.5 inches, for my size, but I'm a generally stocky guy, so I usually wear fitted tshirts. I just don't flaunt my physique, in fact I hide it :/

u wot m8..

in this thread i get my jimmies rustled
Reply 356
Original post by QwentyJ

'do you even lift?'
Reply 357
So we're agreed that I have got the perfect physique for TSR females

IMG_20120703_152532.jpg

When leaner

IMG_20120323_191403-1.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Yung Mon£y
Let me repeat what I said:

"So your partners personality is their own business? If they overeat for comfort you would ignore that?!:eek:"

How is not exercising not lazy?

Because its not a priority. Like people who dont like to read don't do do because they're lazy, they simply don't enjoy it. The same for people who don't play an instrument or like art. They're not lazy. They like other things. I consider creative pursuits more important because I would prefer someone with a well conditioned mind - good general knowledge, awesome debating skills, wit - over someone who was buff. If they were both things then sure, that's okay but I wouldn't pick the buff guy over the skinny guy if the skinny one was funnier, sharper and liked more of the same stuff as me. I've been in a relationship for like six years now and I've pretty much learned that what people do and say is way more important than what they look like. If they're healthy and happy It doesn't bother me whatsoever. I dont consider it lazy not to exercise. I consider it lazy to have no hobbies or interests whatsoever but not lazy to just not be interested in one thing.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by McHumpy92
So we're agreed that I have got the perfect physique for TSR females

IMG_20120703_152532.jpg

When leaner

IMG_20120323_191403-1.jpg

....How much do you bench...because if we are talking db's it looks like...25kg?

Quick Reply

Latest