Original post by Meltingice
Hello. :smile: where did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aberdeen, Barts, Sheffield and QUB!
Super worried about Barts! You?
Original post by goldenangel112
Aberdeen, Barts, Sheffield and QUB!
Super worried about Barts! You?

What was your tariff score? :tongue: Aberdeen st george uea and bristol..
Original post by Meltingice
What was your tariff score? :tongue: Aberdeen st george uea and bristol..

540 ): cause my college only offers max of four subjects! St George! ^^ I couldn't apply to the ones who needed uk interviews. The horror if I fly there and get rejected ! :P
Hello :smile:

So are there any fellow EB applicants? Or does anyone know of any previous EB students who successfully applied?
Reply 185
Original post by andyleung831
anyone know when they are going to send out interviews for november?

Soon I hope! I would hope that they allow at least two weeks preparation time for interviews, if not the (apparently) more standard four weeks. But, given that it's not November yet, and that the interviews might be at the end of November, I think there's still a good amount of time for them to begin giving out interview slots.
What up y'all?!

Just stalking the 2012 entry thread, and found a bunch of info worth sharing -

the first few interviews were roughly given out from the 7th of November, and they were only giving a weeks notice or so, although apparently they do start with the locals (scottish people, i guess..) not because of preference but because of organisation, and by the 25th of November last year, they had only given out 60 of their 600 interviews, so it could be a long wait my people.

Keep the thread updated guys, let us know if anyone gets an interview this week, when for, and all that jazz!

Hope UCAS hasn't killed you all off yet...:smile:
Original post by ameelia22
What up y'all?!

Just stalking the 2012 entry thread, and found a bunch of info worth sharing -

the first few interviews were roughly given out from the 7th of November, and they were only giving a weeks notice or so, although apparently they do start with the locals (scottish people, i guess..) not because of preference but because of organisation, and by the 25th of November last year, they had only given out 60 of their 600 interviews, so it could be a long wait my people.

Keep the thread updated guys, let us know if anyone gets an interview this week, when for, and all that jazz!

Hope UCAS hasn't killed you all off yet...:smile:

Bear in mind that the interview system is completely different this year.,
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Bear in mind that the interview system is completely different this year.,

Hey there :smile: , what do you mean by "completely different" ???
Original post by shumen9523
Hey there :smile: , what do you mean by "completely different" ???

They are using MMI (multiple mini interviews) this year instead of the traditional interview

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 190
Just wondering about the MMIs - is there a station for them to question you about yourself and your personal statement? I'm seriously worried (in case I get an interview). Everyone seems so prepared (Scotland is a back up for me - I'm Irish and would prefer to stay here).
Original post by lu1219
Just wondering about the MMIs - is there a station for them to question you about yourself and your personal statement? I'm seriously worried (in case I get an interview). Everyone seems so prepared (Scotland is a back up for me - I'm Irish and would prefer to stay here).

They've not said what the stations will cover, other than each will only cover one 'domain' or 'questioning area'. I would think it's a given that they will ask about you - that's what they want to know about, after all. It would be sensible to at least read over your PS and refresh your memory of what you actually meant when you wrote it, in case they should ask.
Original post by lu1219

'Once more, an objective scoring system will cover the same categories scored previously, but in greater depth. Other qualities will be assessed which otherwise would not be apparent from a written statement, e.g. understanding of issues; problem-solving and analytical skills; enthusiasm, interest and motivation to study Medicine; and communication and interpersonal skills.For 2013 entry the interview process will change to the Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) format. Five candidates will rotate around five question stations in turn. A Selector will explore one question area or domain at each station for 7 minutes and score the candidate's performance against pre-determined criteria. Communication and interpersonal skills will also be scored at each station. The whole of the MMI experience will last about 45 minutes for each candidate.'

Taken from http://www.abdn.ac.uk/medicine/prospective/admissions/process/management/ .

I suggest you take a look at that link, a lot of very helpful information concerning the application/interview/scoring processes.

Also just so everyone knows, I live in Aberdeen and the Head of Medical Admissions came to our school - she said that they usually only give a weeks notice for interview, and that seeing as the first interview date is the last weekend of November the first lot of candidates would be sent invitations during the third week of November.

As an additional note, the Head of Admissions also said that those who had applied more than a week in advance of the 15th October deadline have already had their applications scored and processed, and so they will probably be the first invited to interview. With regards to those who left it to last minute, she said that due to the nature of how they mark the applications, they could be offered an interview any time between the end of November and the end of February.
Original post by wbroadhurst1
'Once more, an objective scoring system will cover the same categories scored previously, but in greater depth. Other qualities will be assessed which otherwise would not be apparent from a written statement, e.g. understanding of issues; problem-solving and analytical skills; enthusiasm, interest and motivation to study Medicine; and communication and interpersonal skills.For 2013 entry the interview process will change to the Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) format. Five candidates will rotate around five question stations in turn. A Selector will explore one question area or domain at each station for 7 minutes and score the candidate's performance against pre-determined criteria. Communication and interpersonal skills will also be scored at each station. The whole of the MMI experience will last about 45 minutes for each candidate.'

Taken from http://www.abdn.ac.uk/medicine/prospective/admissions/process/management/ .

I suggest you take a look at that link, a lot of very helpful information concerning the application/interview/scoring processes.

Also just so everyone knows, I live in Aberdeen and the Head of Medical Admissions came to our school - she said that they usually only give a weeks notice for interview, and that seeing as the first interview date is the last weekend of November the first lot of candidates would be sent invitations during the third week of November.

As an additional note, the Head of Admissions also said that those who had applied more than a week in advance of the 15th October deadline have already had their applications scored and processed, and so they will probably be the first invited to interview. With regards to those who left it to last minute, she said that due to the nature of how they mark the applications, they could be offered an interview any time between the end of November and the end of February.

+Rep, fantastic informative post. Thank you!

Just a quick question, I sent my UCAS off on the 09th... about 6 days prior to the deadline, do you, personally, reckon i'll be seen before the new year if I am offered an interview?

Just a quick question, I sent my UCAS off on the 09th... about 6 days prior to the deadline, do you, personally, reckon i'll be seen before the new year if I am offered an interview?

Aberdeen tend to interview on a geographical basis. This is a bit bizarre but seems to have worked in that format for the past few years.

There will be no correlation between when you submit your application and when/if you get an interview.
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Aberdeen tend to interview on a geographical basis. This is a bit bizarre but seems to have worked in that format for the past few years.

There will be no correlation between when you submit your application and when/if you get an interview.

Do you mean that they start sending out interviews to the applicants from scotland first ??? What about international applicants ???
I'd really appreciate your help .....

This may be true, but is the first I've heard of it so I can't help there. However the Head of Admissions did specifically say that those applicants who applied well in advance of the 15th October deadline have already had their applications processed, and had a high chance of getting one of the earlier interview spots.

In answer to your question: there is no guarantee. They might have already processed your application and so you might be invited during November/December. On the other hand, since they just work through the applications in a seemingly random order (Head of Admissions spoke of piles around her desk ready to be sent off to markers, saying those at the bottom of the pile would have to wait a while for any reply) there is a higher chance (higher simply due to the fact that there are more interview dates in the new year (something like 8 compared with 2 in Nov/Dec)) that you'll have to wait I'm afraid.

Good luck though, hope you find out soon! :smile:
Reply 198

So, Scottish applicants would be first? right?

is it then divided into aberdeen, glasgow, edinburgh residents?
Hello all!

I've applied to Aberdeen but I've noticed that when I sign into the applicant portal that it says: MBChB Pre Clin (1). Is that normal?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending