The Student Room Group

The University of Aberdeen MB ChB Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Do we have any information regarding the likely dates for interview over the next three months?
Reply 381
Original post by atomos
its not all strictly scottish students one day english another...

on another note im sure that was the date my interview was last year :moon:

So are you English student?? Or Scottish, because I was told that they will interview all the Scottish who made it and after them it was the English, I thought English will be classed a 'Half-International' ?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 382
Original post by drplease
So are you English student?? Or Scottish, because I was told that they will interview all the Scottish who made it and after them it was the English, I thought English will be classed a 'Half-International' ?

Why do you think that?
Hey guys i dont know if this has happened to anyone else or if I'm being totally stupid but i checked the my portal and i have two different sets of traffic lights:

Course: MBCHB PRE CLIN (2)
Status: Unfortunately the Admissions Selector has rejected your application

I also have:

Course: MBCHB PRE CLIN (3)

I'm really confused have I been rejected or not :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 384
Original post by HungryChicken92
Hey guys i dont know if this has happened to anyone else or if I'm being totally stupid but i checked the my portal and i have two different sets of traffic lights:

Course: MBCHB PRE CLIN (2)
Status: Unfortunately the Admissions Selector has rejected your application

I also have:

Course: MBCHB PRE CLIN (3)

I'm really confused have I been rejected or not :frown:

Hi, have you applied to Aberdeen medical school before? If so, then that rejection will regard your previous application.
Original post by drplease

scottish.

i'm not really sure what you mean by the second part.

on one of this year's interview dates i spoke to a boy from southern england

there really is no conclusive pattern so really don't read to much into anything, you'll only stress yourself out! :tongue:

edit: think i get what you mean now :tongue: yeah they seem to try do all scots to begin with but they won't adhere strictly to that, some english people will have already been interviewed, some scottish people will be yet to be interviewed
(edited 11 years ago)
Any potential Malaysian interviewees heard anything yet? I emailed about weeks ago asking if they had set a date, and they hadn't. Anyone heard anything else recently?
Reply 387
Those that have been to an interview, are we supposed to complete and send the Health Questionnaire before we hear back from Aberdeen, or only if we get an offer. It isn't very clear. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Maryam A
Those that have been to an interview, are we supposed to complete and send the Health Questionnaire before we hear back from Aberdeen, or only if we get an offer. It isn't very clear. Thanks :smile:

You fill it in and return it before you hear back; they will only open it if they make you an offer.
Reply 389
Original post by wbroadhurst1
You fill it in and return it before you hear back; they will only open it if they make you an offer.

Okay, thank you :smile:
Original post by atomos
no

I am also a Scottish applicant; I have not heard anything from them yet. Hope I will receive something after the New year.

Cheers, Campus
Reply 391
Just curious what the bracketed number means in:

Course: MBCHB PRE CLIN (2) ?

I am thinking it is associated with the number of times you've applied to Aberdeen. Am I right? If this is the case, then do admission tutors in general know if this is your n^th time applying for Medicine?

I also have "Information on Funding Provider to be determined", but I haven't received any letter asking for information to be provided.
Original post by May2013
Just curious what the bracketed number means in:

Course: MBCHB PRE CLIN (2) ?

I am thinking it is associated with the number of times you've applied to Aberdeen. Am I right? If this is the case, then do admission tutors in general know if this is your n^th time applying for Medicine?

I also have "Information on Funding Provider to be determined", but I haven't received any letter asking for information to be provided.

Same.

Don't think they'll ask for it until they decide to give you an offer
Original post by noregrets
Any potential Malaysian interviewees heard anything yet? I emailed about weeks ago asking if they had set a date, and they hadn't. Anyone heard anything else recently?

I'm a Malaysian Applicant, I haven't heard back from Aberdeen since the acknowledgement letter via mail :frown:
Original post by futuredoctor8
I'm a Malaysian Applicant, I haven't heard back from Aberdeen since the acknowledgement letter via mail :frown:

Same here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meltingice

Hmmm, they will be really busy with domestic interviews I imagine! Just wish we knew the month for Int'l Interviews...I think it's usually February.
Original post by noregrets
Hmmm, they will be really busy with domestic interviews I imagine! Just wish we knew the month for Int'l Interviews...I think it's usually February.
Just called Aberdeen medical admissions, apparently no internationals have gotten an interview offer yet. They will keep sending out offers to international students as late as the end of march. I.e the offer may even reach internationals in late march.
Reply 397
I thought the admissions office was closed until the 7th?
Any non-UK EU applicants heard anything yet? Ever since the confirmation e-mail in October, I haven't heard anything :frown:
Original post by Thanatos833
Just called Aberdeen medical admissions, apparently no internationals have gotten an interview offer yet. They will keep sending out offers to international students as late as the end of march. I.e the offer may even reach internationals in late march.

I thought they would just have one set date in Malaysia for interviews?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending