The Student Room Group

Access course 2012 !!!!!

Hi I am due to start my Access in sept in cheshire....anybody out there about to do the same ??? Or is anybody starting Access anywhere else in Sept....Any thoughts you want to share.....be good to hear from people in the same situation.....Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Starting an Access Course in September (Sociology/Psychology) at Belfast Met. Been doing a lot of reading over the Summer. Can't wait to get started.
Reply 2
Hi,
I've just completed an Access Course in psychology & sociology at Great Yarmouth College & am starting my psychology degree at UEA in Sept. so if you've got any questions, I'm happy to help :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Original post by Supremacia
Starting an Access Course in September (Sociology/Psychology) at Belfast Met. Been doing a lot of reading over the Summer. Can't wait to get started.

Supremacia, I'm supposed to be doing an Access Course at Belfast Met in September but I haven't yet got an interview letter :/ Have you got yours? According to my account on the website my application has been acknowledged or whatever but I want to make sure I've definitely got a place!
Reply 4
Just phoned my local college today as I was told on the day I had an unconditional offer but hadn't yet been given a start date, turns out it's Tuesday 4th September :smile: can't wait humanities & social sciences/studies along with GCSE Maths & English resits. Must admit the bank account it taking a pounding from all the ordering on Amazon lol
I just completed one, starting my biology degree this year.
Reply 6
Very envious of you, I'd love to be going this year.
Reply 7
i'm about to be going into this part time course for human biologly course in september time GCSE. i can't wait !!!! :h:
Reply 8
Fair play, although it's part time how long on the course for?
Original post by TRACY1978
Hi I am due to start my Access in sept in cheshire....anybody out there about to do the same ??? Or is anybody starting Access anywhere else in Sept....Any thoughts you want to share.....be good to hear from people in the same situation.....Thanks

I'm starting an Access course at South Cheshire studying Access to Health-Related Studies this Sept. I'm really excited! Which college are studying at?
Reply 10
I'm starting access to he diploma in science this sep :smile: cant wait to start, its at newport uni's caerleon campus.
Reply 11
Original post by lekifkif
Supremacia, I'm supposed to be doing an Access Course at Belfast Met in September but I haven't yet got an interview letter :/ Have you got yours? According to my account on the website my application has been acknowledged or whatever but I want to make sure I've definitely got a place!

I never needed an interview. I went into the college itself (Milfield campus) and handed my English GCSE result to my Psychology tutor and was told I was accepted onto the course there and then. I got my confirmation letter for enrollment (21st of August) a couple of weeks ago.

I've just logged into my account on the Belfast Met website and my application says "student has been offered a PLACE".

Edit - Probably worth noting that I sent off my application back in February!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
I am starting an access course to Health studies and Nursing at Sutton College Birmingham. Excited and nervous a return to education after over 30 years.
Reply 13
Original post by Rachel2uk
I'm starting access to he diploma in science this sep :smile: cant wait to start, its at newport uni's caerleon campus.

How long did it take for them to accept you?
I've applied for access to he in social studies at Newport uni, they have emailed a few times to confirm the course but I don't know whether they are going to accept me or not.
I hate waiting! Ha

Reply 14
Original post by Lauranbrianna
How long did it take for them to accept you?
I've applied for access to he in social studies at Newport uni, they have emailed a few times to confirm the course but I don't know whether they are going to accept me or not.
I hate waiting! Ha

I applied online in January I think and was invited to an open day a couple of months later after receiving an offer, I would give admissions a call and check the status of your application, they are very friendly when iv called them :smile:
Reply 15
Thank you! Yeah they do seem very friendly :smile: maybe I shall see you at the uni in September

Reply 16
I'm doing Law and Crim at Birmingham Metropolitan this year, anyone else gonna be there?!
Reply 17

I have just finished the Access to HE diploma in science at Newport based in Caerleon. Its a lovely place. Sometimes you will feel overwhelmed, its alot of work, but I have got a place at Cardiff University its well worth it!

Its the best thing I ever did and I made some lovely friends there.

Yay!! i'm doing access to science too! it seems they'res hardly any of us on here doing science lol!!

Not same college but still :P
Reply 19
I'm very excited to be studying the Access Course in Humanities at Chelmsford College this year :smile: My enrolment is on Friday.. I'm kind of ****ting myself!! I know I'm going to have a great year but it's sure to fly quick!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending