The Student Room Group

Student loan denied- long residence

I applied for sfe for the 23/24 academic year because I got under the long residence criteria of being in the uk for half my life. I came to the uk 01/06/2012 and I have started my university course on 1/10/2021 but based on the long residency criteria I should be eligible for student finance as I have lived half my life in the uk. But I was denied due to the fact that I haven’t lived in the uk for half my life which is clearly false. I am making an appeal of this decision because based on the reason I have been giving I should be eligible for finance and I am not, I’m not sure what to do to be honest is this the best course of action to take
Original post by Itachi21
I applied for sfe for the 23/24 academic year because I got under the long residence criteria of being in the uk for half my life. I came to the uk 01/06/2012 and I have started my university course on 1/10/2021 but based on the long residency criteria I should be eligible for student finance as I have lived half my life in the uk. But I was denied due to the fact that I haven’t lived in the uk for half my life which is clearly false. I am making an appeal of this decision because based on the reason I have been giving I should be eligible for finance and I am not, I’m not sure what to do to be honest is this the best course of action to take

Hi there, you would be best contacting us directly regarding this, as we cannot access accounts on here to have a look in to your account and evidence. *

You can contact us on 0300 100 0607 for further assistance. Our opening hours are stated on our ‘contact us’ page. Alternatively, to access our live chat service select 'undergraduate' from your account and then ‘contact us’. From here you will be able to use our live chat service when it is available. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there, you would be best contacting us directly regarding this, as we cannot access accounts on here to have a look in to your account and evidence. *

You can contact us on 0300 100 0607 for further assistance. Our opening hours are stated on our ‘contact us’ page. Alternatively, to access our live chat service select 'undergraduate' from your account and then ‘contact us’. From here you will be able to use our live chat service when it is available. Thanks, Leah.

Hi, I have contacted your offices directly multiple times and they couldn’t give me a clear reason as to why I couldn’t be funded. I even had one of your employees suggest I should be funded even though I’m in my third year so I am really confused, others directed me to an appeal . Also how do I go about using the live chat service is it on here or on the student finance website.
Original post by Itachi21
Hi, I have contacted your offices directly multiple times and they couldn’t give me a clear reason as to why I couldn’t be funded. I even had one of your employees suggest I should be funded even though I’m in my third year so I am really confused, others directed me to an appeal . Also how do I go about using the live chat service is it on here or on the student finance website.

Hi there. To access the live chat you would need to sign into your Student Finance England account and follow the steps above. We don't deal with appeals on this platform. Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending