The Student Room Group

Superdrug Interview

I have an interview next week. The email said I should wear black incase they want me to do a 'shop floor exercise'.

Just curious. What sort of things do they mean by a 'shop floor exercise'? :smile:

In my previous retail jobs, I've done tests [including maths] and had an hour long competency based interview, but I've never been asked to do anything on the shop floor/with the customers, at that stage. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by affinity89
Just curious. What sort of things do they mean by a 'shop floor exercise'? :smile:

It's likely to involve something simlple like replenishing a display or pulling forward stock. I've used this in interviews before where the candidates have lacked retail experience to see if they had the eye for detail we were looking for.

If you listen carefully to the instructions given to you by the interviewer you'll be fine. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by NathanM
It's likely to involve something simlple like replenishing a display or pulling forward stock. I've used this in interviews before where the candidates have lacked retail experience to see if they had the eye for detail we were looking for.

If you listen carefully to the instructions given to you by the interviewer you'll be fine. Good luck :smile:

Thanks. :smile:

I have over 12 months experience in retail [a computer store and a supermarket] so maybe they will not bother. Either way, I've put various items of stock out and "faced up" [what they called it at the stores I worked in], so it should be okay. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Hey guys! I have an interview at superdrug on thurs n im really nervous! I have had previous job interviews but have been unsuccesful :frown: . I was just wondering if there was anybody who works at superdrug could tell me what its like and what kind of questions they ask so i can prepare! plz get bk to me assap! Or advice off anyone who works at boots or any other retail store??
Reply 4
I had to do a shop floor activity [in my case, selling perfume] and then I had a relatively long interview with the store manager [she had a set booklet of questions - things about customer service, selling, reducing theft etc]. :smile:

They should be friendly and help put you at ease. Think about service you have seen [good and bad] and what you think you would do in the role, and you should be fine. :smile: Good luck. :smile:

Edit: Thanks for the messages everyone re-my opening post. I've been working there for over two months now, so my interview went well. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by affinity89
I have an interview next week. The email said I should wear black incase they want me to do a 'shop floor exercise'.

In my previous retail jobs, I've done tests [including maths] and had an hour long competency based interview, but I've never been asked to do anything on the shop floor/with the customers, at that stage. :smile:

I've had an interview with Superdrug (although I didn't get it, so I can't help you in terms of actually getting the job!) and shop floor exercise usually means working at the till scanning items and being polite, or even just walking around the shop floor and asking customers if they need help (although don't be too overbearing on a customer, as Superdrug customers don't usually need assistance in choosing the right deodorant). Smiling helps! :smile:
Reply 6
Good luck just done my work experience there 3 days ago. Mostly stocking shelfs, moving stock forward in it's section, putting things in right section and doing overs things that were taking to the till and not sold.

I done work experience but things may be different for you good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Shop floor exercise means that your manager will take you behind the till and you will serve costumers. Remember always ask the customer:

'Do you have a beauty card?' - once finished scanning items.
'Would you like a bag?'
'Have a good day.'

And remember to be friendly and smile.
Reply 8
They put me on the till as soon as I arrived to see how I get on with customers. I was with another member of staff also as a buddy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending