The Student Room Group

Please help, this is really really important- about pressing the wrong thing on UCAS

My friend did something stupid accidently. On the ucas website they used the drop down menu and accidently sent off the page that said that they wanted to go to Queen Mary as their firm, and King's College London as their insurance choice. However, after they had sent it off, they realised they did this, and not put King's as their firm choice and they're kicking themselves about it. They're really worried and I really would like to know if anyone knows when UCAS updates, or anything they can do about it. They plan on phoning UCAS tomorrow at 8.30 to see if they can sort it out before things get sent off to the unis.

Please give some advice!

Thank you.
Reply 1
btw they just posted a new thread just a minute ago, so if you reply here please give them a link, thanks!
Reply 2
Fear not. UCAS will let you change your first choice once and only once up to two weeks after you have submitted your reply on UCAS Track. Ring them in the morning with your first choice, and make sure it is because you will not have another opportunity to change it.
Don't worry too much,

Yes phone them tomorrow that will work it will be fine!
These things aren't as final as they appear, I got a letter from UCAS about three days after I sent my final decisions and it said that if I change my mind I could do it within 14 days of having recieved the letter so clicking on that submit button is really not the end!!
Having said about the UCAS letter, still make sure you phone them tomorrow! I was just putting your mind at rest.

I'll paste this on the other post as well XX
Reply 4
Thank you everyone :eek:

*gives rep to the first reply*

:smile:
Reply 5
I changed my mind a month after i first replied and it was all fine.. i wouldnt advise this tho.. very stressful!
lis x
Reply 6
Your friend or you...?

Latest

Trending

Trending