The Student Room Group

Audiology 2013

Is there anyone who is looking to do Audiology in uni next year?

Scroll to see replies

I am! Which unis are you thinking of applying to? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by tastetherainbow
I am! Which unis are you thinking of applying to? :smile:

well there are only like 5unis that's do the course.. but I'm hopingo to go to either Manchester or Leeds...
Reply 3
Original post by salzeh10
Is there anyone who is looking to do Audiology in uni next year?

Hey there im applying for next year thinking on De Montfort Uni, Swansea Uni, Leeds and manchester
Reply 4
Is De Montford uni any good? Not really heard much about it.
well there are only like 5unis that's do the course.. but I'm hopingo to go to either Manchester or Leeds...

I know, there's not really much choice! I'm also applying to Leeds and Manchester and also Southampton, Swansea and Aston.
Reply 6
Is De Montford uni any good? Not really heard much about it.

Well i've been researching and so far de montfort is accredited by Medical education england which makes u eligible to register as an Audiologist and Health professions council which makes you eligible to register as a hearing aid dispenser.
I've just sent mine off!
Woo hey fellow audiologists to be (hopefully). I'll be applying to leeds, southampton, aston, manch, and DMU. I'm not too sure about DMU :s, had the same problem with not really hearing much about it and got a little bit confused by the line "The course is approved by the Health Professions Council, allowing graduates to be eligible to register as a Hearing Aid Dispenser", where the other universities state "Register as an audiologist".
I sent my application off 2 weeks ago but my sixth form is being long about actually sending it off :frown:
Reply 9
what's everyone's predicted grades? :smile:
mine are rubbish tbh. BBC... redoing my english as it was marked badly (called it back and had it checked by a few teachers).. so hopefully they'll offer me a conditional or something :frown:

wbu and where you applying
Original post by lassie24
what's everyone's predicted grades? :smile:
Reply 11
mine is similar BCC. hopefully conditional! Swansea and Southampton for Audiology, have you sent off your ucas yet? :smile:
Original post by lassie24
mine is similar BCC. hopefully conditional! Swansea and Southampton for Audiology, have you sent off your ucas yet? :smile:

I really want to go to Swansea or Southampton too! Are you just applying to these two units/only audiology or for Anyang else? :smile:
Hey everyone, just informing you about De Montfort to get rid of any confusion! De Montfort allows you to be an audiologist after the course finishes -so don't worry! It is in fact (I think) the only Uni which allows you to also work in the private sector during your work experience and is accredited so that when you finish, if you want, you can ALSO work as a hearing aid dispenser :smile:

When you're looking in the prospectus or on the website make sure you're looking at hearing aid audiology foundation degree - this is something completely different :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 14
I've also applied for audiology at Manchester and Leeds, i really hope I get a conditional offer, and my predicted grades a ABC. Sent off my ucas about 1 and a half weeks ago and haven't yet heard anything, has anybody else?
i sent mine off about a week ago to ucas, got thank you emails from southampton, aston and manchester. Manchester then also sent me an email a few days ago to say they were now considering/looking at my application. Thats all, nothing major!
Reply 16
anyone got an offers then? ive just sent mine off like a weeks ago& has anyone apply for the ASL (access to leeds scheme)?
I've also received thank you emails but nothing else yet!
The wait is horrible!!
Reply 19
i know! i'm checking my ucas everyday and still haven't heard anything! anyine heard anything lately?

Quick Reply

Latest