Thank you.
Yep I applied, but no reply yet either :/
Original post by Boffin123
Hey :smile:
1. When did you apply?
2. What universities did you apply for?
3. Have you got any offers?

Thank you.

Hiya, I applied i'd say about 5 weeks ago. Applied at DMU, Aston, Leeds, Southampton and Manchester. I have gotten 3 offers - DMU, Aston and Southampton. I have received an interview from Manchester and not heard anything from Leeds.
There is another thread on here for Audiology, it may be helpful to have a nose there :smile:
Reply 45
Hello i Applied about a month ago and i got an interview from manchester and an offer from aston.I applied to middx as im from london but no reply :smile: wbu??
Reply 46
Hi guys,I have an offer from aston and an interview at manc in feb aswell :tongue: yay cant wait!! Are any of you fellow londoners by any chance? Also did anyone apply to middlesex :s or am i the only one -_- My predicted grades are ABC and i got a U in maths for AS so didnt even bother applying for leeds or southampton as they ask for 3.5 AS'S and i dont think a U counts for anything ,I will def try southampton through adjustment though
Original post by suns123
Hi guys,I have an offer from aston and an interview at manc in feb aswell :tongue: yay cant wait!! Are any of you fellow londoners by any chance? Also did anyone apply to middlesex :s or am i the only one -_- My predicted grades are ABC and i got a U in maths for AS so didnt even bother applying for leeds or southampton as they ask for 3.5 AS'S and i dont think a U counts for anything ,I will def try southampton through adjustment though

I'm a londoner... :biggrin:
I think southampton just bumped up the grades if your as weren't so good. Apparently they are always in clearing and people get in via that. They have amazing resources but I reckon it'll be between aston/manch/dmu for me! The trains to manchester on the 6th from london are at such awkward timings..
Reply 48
Original post by somebodyguideme
I'm a londoner... :biggrin:
I think southampton just bumped up the grades if your as weren't so good. Apparently they are always in clearing and people get in via that. They have amazing resources but I reckon it'll be between aston/manch/dmu for me! The trains to manchester on the 6th from london are at such awkward timings..

Omg YAY :tongue: im from west london wbu?? Ahh im excited for the interview and so glad its after jan exams as some people have theirs in exam times!
What subjects you doing?? Im doing socio Bio and english lit and lang.
Yeah the train timings are weird will you be bringing someone with you? Im going to bring my cousin.
Reply 49
Original post by suns123

My predicted grades are ABC too :smile:
Original post by suns123
Omg YAY :tongue: im from west london wbu?? Ahh im excited for the interview and so glad its after jan exams as some people have theirs in exam times!
What subjects you doing?? Im doing socio Bio and english lit and lang.
Yeah the train timings are weird will you be bringing someone with you? Im going to bring my cousin.

Bio psych and english lit for me .. I wont be bringing anyone, no one loves me enough to miss a day of work :frown:. I'm from East London haha, will probably be getting the train from Euston to manchester picadilly, gettig in at 10ish.
Reply 51
Original post by neesa221
My predicted grades are ABC too :smile:

Ahh cool where are you from??
Reply 52
Original post by suns123
Ahh cool where are you from??

i'm from the slightly rubbish town; Halifax, in west yorksire :smile:
Reply 53
Just received a conditional offer from de montfort university :-)
Reply 54
I've applied to study at University of Manchester, University of Leeds, Aston University, De Montfort University and Middlesex University. I would like to know which is the best university? I've tried to search on the internet but I can't find anything.

Thank you x
Reply 55
I've applied to study at University of Manchester, University of Leeds, Aston University, De Montfort University and Middlesex University. I would like to know which is the best university? I've tried to search on the internet but I can't find anything.

Thank you x

same here, searching the net is futile

Thank you x

The way i worked it out is depending on where it stands on the league table or subject league tables for a similar subject. Also, on my visit to DMU, i was told that at the end of their course and Manchester's, you would be qualified to work in the independent and private sector (asin you wouldnt have to sit any extra exams) and you will be recognised by the h-something council. Also, it might be worth checking where they stand with research because the final year is mainly researching a topic of your own choice. :smile:
Reply 57
Guys has anyone heard back from middlesex?? I dont know why they are taking so long
Original post by suns123
Guys has anyone heard back from middlesex?? I dont know why they are taking so long

I didn't apply there but heard back from Leeds just before the holidays. Just over a month til Manchester. Anyone know what the interview will be like?
Reply 59
My UCAS application was sent on the 13th December 2012, and I have received thank you emails from Aston, DeMontfort, Manchester and Middlesex, nothing from Leeds however. I've got no offers, but on the other hand no rejections either, so I suppose it could be worse.

Quick Reply

Latest