The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by MeganQuirk2
i like to think its because they're rude. :L haha i dont think it matters really, they defo have it (check ucas in case) but sometimes no news is good news! my friend got her first offer off of a uni which never even told her they had it :smile:
It's fairly annoying tbf
Reply 381
Original post by MeganQuirk2
I went through this and was complaining everyday about it :L it got to the point where i just couldnt be happy when everyone else was getting offers xD hahaa but after 16 days i got 3 offers on the same day :L DONT WORRY :biggrin:
Also, is anyone applying to Scotland because i haven't heard anything from Aberdeen or St Andrews and im unsure if they have replied to anyone yet or if they wait till Jan ? :biggrin:

I haven't heard of anyone at my school (in Scotland) who has received an offer from St Andrews yet but I do know someone who has a conditional from Aberdeen for something chemistry related - not sure exactly what course.
And congrats on your 3 offers already.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 382
I applied on the 20Nov 2012, but still havnt hear from any unis,

Course 'Economics' at LSE, UCL, Warwick, Bath, Nottingham.

Anyone got offers????
Reply 383
I applied on the 20Nov 2012, but still havnt hear from any unis.

Course : Economics
LSE,
UCL,
Warwick,
Bath,
Nottingham

Anyone got offers, or invited to open days????????????????
Original post by Kinyip323
I applied on the 20Nov 2012, but still havnt hear from any unis,

Course 'Economics' at LSE, UCL, Warwick, Bath, Nottingham.

Anyone got offers????

What were your GCSES and AS/A2's?
Ahh so relieved! got an offer from Aberdeen today so 4/5 acceptances and now waiting on St Andrews :biggrin: anyone else applying for ancient history?
Original post by cherryaide
Media Production haha, couldn't be more different. my mum did counselling ba and ma at Durham and loved it! good luck!

sounds really interesting. i may get in touch when im producing a crime thriller haha :smile:

Got my Conditional from Durham a few days ago! Over the moon! :biggrin:
Reply 387
Only recieved acknowledgements of application so far from 4/5 universities I've applied.... waiting for offers is like aaaah! suspense is killing me!!
Where have people applied? :smile:
Reply 388
I got acknowledgements from all 5 within a few days of sending my application off but I haven't got any offers yet, and it's been two weeks :frown:

I heard Exeter was really quick to give out offers/rejections but nothing from them.

I've been invited to a visit day by Reading, but no offer from them yet either.

(I've applied to Exeter, Reading, Brookes, Bristol and Southampton. Southampton being the one that will make me cry and not leave my room for days if I get rejected)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 389
They say it can take a while before offers get given out....
I've applied to Oxford Brookes, Huddersfield, Nottingham, Plymouth and Manchester met.

Still waiting to hear that Notts have recieved my application though - Oxford was first to reply so hoping they will be the first to give me an Offer.

This whole process is horrible lol >.<

**Edit** - Just got my acknowledgement from Notts.... Bit slow on the ball lol
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 390
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
What were your GCSES and AS/A2's?

GCSE: 4A*,7A,1B,2C
AS 4A)
A2 prediction 3A*1A(maths, further maths, economics, Geography
Original post by xDreamerx
I haven't heard of anyone at my school (in Scotland) who has received an offer from St Andrews yet but I do know someone who has a conditional from Aberdeen for something chemistry related - not sure exactly what course.
And congrats on your 3 offers already.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I got my offer from Aberdeen yesterday :biggrin: 4/5 acceptances but am waiting on st andrews ! Ive heard they're not giving places till at least the end of Jan...this is going to be painful!
ahh the suspense makes me feel sick D:

kind of annoyed how I applied through UCAS two weeks ago and hadn't heard anything from U of Manchester but my friend put through his application the other day and got a reply from U of Manchester like after two days :/

Every acknowledgement letter/email I see gives me false hope :frown:
Reply 393
My UCAS application was confirmed on the 24th November and so far I've received one offer from Liverpool Hope, I was just wondering does anyone know how quick universities such as Leeds, Hull, Keele and Lancaster are at replying and what the likelihood would be of getting offers with entry requirements of ABB/BBB. I have predicted grades of ABC :smile:

Thanks.
Reply 394
Original post by guardian
My UCAS application was confirmed on the 24th November and so far I've received one offer from Liverpool Hope, I was just wondering does anyone know how quick universities such as Leeds, Hull, Keele and Lancaster are at replying and what the likelihood would be of getting offers with entry requirements of ABB/BBB. I have predicted grades of ABC :smile:

Thanks.

Hull is fairly quick, i didnt have to wait that long to recieve my offers so you should get yours soon.
Reply 395
Original post by Rejiaku
Hull is fairly quick, i didnt have to wait that long to recieve my offers so you should get yours soon.

I received an interview in the post from them on saturday morning because of the fact I'm doing the 'Drama and Theatre Practice' course.

Thanks for your reply :smile:
Reply 396
Original post by guardian
I received an interview in the post from them on saturday morning because of the fact I'm doing the 'Drama and Theatre Practice' course.

Thanks for your reply :smile:

Thats really good and you're welcome :smile: i recieved a letter from them about my course before they gave me an offer but they sent me a applicant open day pack first and the next day it got updated on UCAS. the series of events maybe weird so they should reply soon. Good Luck for the rest :biggrin:::biggrin::biggrin::smile:
Reply 397
Original post by Rejiaku
Thats really good and you're welcome :smile: i recieved a letter from them about my course before they gave me an offer but they sent me a applicant open day pack first and the next day it got updated on UCAS. the series of events maybe weird so they should reply soon. Good Luck for the rest :biggrin:::biggrin::biggrin::smile:

Yeah, thanks very much for that. It's just so scary waiting for the other three now, and the other three are in my opinion the best universities, with no disrespect to Hull but yeah thanks for the advice.
Reply 398
I'm slowly going insane. Bristol are toying with my emotions, sending me emails telling me they're still considering my application but might not get to me until after January 15th. Southampton is basically ignoring my existence. I want to crawl into a whole and forget the word university but I can't because that would mean I couldn't check my email in case UCAS email me.

:cry2:
Original post by mcdaniel
That's amazing, well done! Do you have a favourite university?

I'm waiting on decisions from Durham, LSE, Nottingham and Warwick for law, so I'm expected nothing more until 2013 now. I'm just so impatient - it's the not knowing that gets me. How does everyone cope?

i have two favourite unis >< so the plan is to hopefully go there again and get a final decision :smile: how about you?

Latest

Trending

Trending