The Student Room Group

Ex is everywhere.....

Heres the thing, my group of friends includes both males and females, including about 3 couples, up until about one month ago I was also with someone in this group. Were still on good terms and hang round together, however Ive started seeing somebody else who isnt part of this friendship group. I really like this new person and though I dont still have any feelings regarding my ex I do still like them as a person and Im aware that if I bring my new boyfriend to partys etc my ex and all our friends will also be there and I do think he would be funny about me being with someone else and his friends would also be a bit funny with my new b/f. I could avoid this by not inviting my new b/f but not only would I rather he be there he may also get a bit jealous or whatever of not being invited.
Anybody else experienced something like this?
An awkward situation - I think the best thing is to have a chat with your ex about it, tell him you feel funny about introducing your new bf into the group and find out what his thoughts/feelings are on the matter. He might be cool with it but chances are he'll have mixed feelings for a while.
Reply 2
Manfred
LOL, sounds like an episode of friends!

That is a stupid comparison.
hey this has happened in our friendship group. one of the guys was dating one of the girls and then they broke up but kept secretly meeting back up afterwards, it was crazy, we tried to stay out of it but it was hard when its 2 of your friends. anyway, the guy is now seeing someone else outside of the friendship group and he was really nervous about our reactions and his exes reaction. But he talked to his ex, and then to us and we reassured him we wld be pleasant to his new gf. however, the occasions she has come out with us, his ex hasnt actually come out. one night, when the ex was there and the new gf was meant to be coming out, the ex got upset and in the end the gf didnt come out. so ive not yet experienced the meeting of the ex and the new gf. however, we as their friends, like the new gf and welcome her into the group. sometimes you just have to go for it in these situations. good luck
Reply 4
Maybe meeting your friends like that isn't the solution at all? Friendships change and people meet new people, it depends on how strongly you feel about your relationship.

Isn't that the way of all things?

(That probably sounds rather cryptic/meaningless, but I can't apologise for that - I've been in a somewhat similar situation though perhaps not so bad)

Latest

Trending

Trending