The Student Room Group

Social Work 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by DanielleRise
Sheffield Hallam interview :smile:)) anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, i had my sheffield hallam interview on the 11th of feb! Still waiting for a reply as they told us it would take around 3 weeks! Im so impatient i want to know NOW! lol
Original post by bullettheory
I'm sure you guys have heard of it, but Understanding Social Work by Thompson is a brilliant book, I'm reading it at the moment, and its giving me a good grounding before I go to interview. Really enjoying it.

Does anyone know much about occupational health? I'm really worried about it, I have past and current mental health problems and I don't know what to expect. Does anyone know any guidelines about occupational health, or have any experience?

I had an occupational health check when studying social work a few years ago, although they may not want to see you, but just get a letter from your doctor saying that you are okay to do the course.
If not, the meeting just means answering questions about your condition, treatment etc, and as long as you are not a risk to yourself or someone else, you should be absolutely fine to do the course :smile:
Reply 382
Heyy! I have my interview for Queens tomorrow morning! One of the things on the guidance sheet was to know current news about social work! Anyone any examples?

Did you ask any questions at the end?
Hi when you accept an interview do they let you know before hand what to prepare or do I just turn up on the day? ThanksThanks
Original post by sabrock
Hi, i had my sheffield hallam interview on the 11th of feb! Still waiting for a reply as they told us it would take around 3 weeks! Im so impatient i want to know NOW! lol

:eek: Really! That long?! I'd be impatient!
What was it like? xx
I've just got an interview for Edge hill on the 18th March at 2pm only been told the date and time no other information. Anyone else the same? Or actually been given information about what they require at interview?
Original post by LucyEH
I don't know much about timescales but I'm starting to worry that I've not heard from Hull yet offering an interview. Is there time yet or is it looking unlikely?

If they didn't want you, they would of said no by now. My mate applied December only just starting to hear for interviews now.
Reply 387
Original post by KerryF94
Heyy! I have my interview for Queens tomorrow morning! One of the things on the guidance sheet was to know current news about social work! Anyone any examples?

Did you ask any questions at the end?

I had my interview yday at magee.. They literally asked nothing about current issues in the news.. they had 6 questions, everyone must be asked the same because the sheet is sitting infront of you and you can see them all.. They asked about human rights so read over them and relate them to service users right to privacy, etc.. They also ask what can you learn from service users.. that was the one that i found tricky but managed to say something ... Good luck!..
Reply 388
Original post by 1jenny1
I had my interview yday at magee.. They literally asked nothing about current issues in the news.. they had 6 questions, everyone must be asked the same because the sheet is sitting infront of you and you can see them all.. They asked about human rights so read over them and relate them to service users right to privacy, etc.. They also ask what can you learn from service users.. that was the one that i found tricky but managed to say something ... Good luck!..

Oh dear... that one does sound tricky!
Reply 389
If they didn't want you, they would of said no by now. My mate applied December only just starting to hear for interviews now.

Thank you, that makes me feel a bit better. I'm being impatient but the waiting game is awful!
Reply 390
Original post by 1jenny1

where you asked a scenario??
Reply 391
Anyone got an interview at BMC tomorrow??
Reply 392
Original post by aislingg
Anyone got an interview at BMC tomorrow??

Ive one at Queens tomorrow! :smile: But i applied to BMC too
Reply 393
Guys, last year the social work applicants didn't hear back until as late as May! Even if they had their interview the start of Feb! They wait until all interviews are done, but if you haven't heard for more than 2 weeks its most likely good!
Reply 394
Ive got my bath interview tomorrow, and cant get my head around this article theyve given me about gay and lesbian adoption, any on had their interview that could help?
Reply 395
Mega stupid question... but is red nail polish to an interview a bad idea? I know it sounds stupid but some people are really fussy when it comes to stuff!
Reply 396
Original post by Ekemp22
Ive got my bath interview tomorrow, and cant get my head around this article theyve given me about gay and lesbian adoption, any on had their interview that could help?

Don't worry about it, you don't need to understand the article in depth in order to answer what they ask, just as long as you understand a little bit about Gay/Lesbian F+A you'll be fine.

Good Luck!!
Reply 397
Original post by 1jenny1

Any other tips? I've mines at Magee on the 4th! Dreadinggg it:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 398
Original post by Alex_D
Don't worry about it, you don't need to understand the article in depth in order to answer what they ask, just as long as you understand a little bit about Gay/Lesbian F+A you'll be fine.

Good Luck!!

I feel asif I did bad haha the sheets given to write in we're tiny!
Reply 399
:eek: Really! That long?! I'd be impatient!
What was it like? xx

The waiting is slowly driving me insane! I don't know how im going to wait another 2weeks! :confused:

The interview was alright, all the tutors that I had a chance to talk to were really nice, it was all over in about 2hours! They're really small interview groups which i thought was nice too, only about 10 other people at my interview!

Good luck with it :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest