The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Which uni is this?
Champagne-Dahling
Which uni is this?

are you going ot make sure to avoid it like the plauge?
lol, for the "maybe" pile, perhaps?

Is it in a city? or the sticks?
I haven't had sex once since I've been at uni, except for one time when I was at home, and that was with an ex I split up with two years ago. I've pulled enough times though, and there have been plenty of opportunities for casual sex, but I'd rather wait until I meet someone nice. Has definitely been full of drinking and parties though.
Yeah i mean just because a lot of people drink and have casual sex don't mean you have to personally, i mean i agree with the poster who started this thread it's not all about sex and booze if you don't want it to be.
anyway i got no reason to have casual sex i'm in a happy relationship, but my uni is quite bad for drink and sex.
Reply 6
Not that I've noticed, but then I am generally oblivious to the activities of my peer group.
Anonymous
I'm at the end of my first year now and gotta say all the rumours about Uni life being all about booze, parties and sex isn't all true. I'm not in it for the sex but I've not even been dating AT ALL since coming to Uni.

Quite depressing.
Anyone else feel the same?

Plenty of all three in London. And drugs too. If that is your thing.

*Bold added by me.
Reply 8
Anonymous
I'm at the end of my first year now and gotta say all the rumours about Uni life being all about booze, parties and sex isn't all true. I'm not in it for the sex but I've not even been dating AT ALL since coming to Uni.

Quite depressing.

Consider yourself fortunate: here at Bristol, I can't hardly move for the bodies.
i would say it can easy about sex and drinking at my uni , but it depends of waht kind of person u are
Reply 10
yeah, id say its the same over here...people at uni dont tend to have 'relationships' moreso, 'hey, buy me a drink, ooh nice couch, want me to take off ur shirt, oooh u r too sexy, faster faster, baby that was amazing, yeah heres ur stuff, ill see u around campus' type thing :smile: ...casual sex is in...which saddens me...i hope its not completely impssibl to actually find someone.
Profesh
Consider yourself fortunate: here at Bristol, I can't hardly move for the bodies.

Purposeful mistake O' master grammarian?:eek:

(yes, surely.)
Reply 12
Anonymous

Quite depressing.

Yeah. Haven't met any girls who I like much at uni, and haven't 'dated' any of them whatsoever. Frustrates the hell out of me. So yes.
Reply 13
Meh, I've had a couple of flings since I got to uni. Can't say I particularly liked either of them.

So nothing meaningful yet...
depends what social group you are in

my and my mates...some of us have girlfriends, others don't, the ones who don't aren't going round getting laid all the time, I live with 2 lads who are virgins (as far as I know). They aren't social recluses, they go out and have a great time.

I think the problems come when students think they should be getting laid every five minutes but aren't, and start stressing about it. It's not a sign of maturity having casual sex with people you don't really know, it's a sign of immaturity and trying to get something out of upping your numbers of sexual partners which you will never get (unless you're trying to get an STD)
Reply 15
i've had loads of sex. i guess i'm just hot* :wink:

*Edit by Ema: True. It's all true...
Reply 16
Champagne-Dahling
Purposeful mistake O' master grammarian?:eek:

(yes, surely.)

My methodology is not for mere mortals to ascertain.
Reply 17
For me there has been a lot of drinking and partying but not casual sex. It's not worth engaging in it if your not in a relationship. Sure, I've had a few chances for it but have never done it. I was in a relationship for 6 months though, so the sex that I have had wasn't casual. I know a few people who have casual sex though, it depends on the person really and what they want to do.

I stayed in tonight and have just been woken up by the drunken people on my corridor, singing and shouting. It can be annoying but I survive. I will be going back to sleep when it calms down.
Reply 18
Yes went to alot of parties....Drank looooads of booze, so much that no matter how much i exercise, i can't seem to get rid of my beer belly! As for casual sex....yup, I kept a long list of that too! but thats coz i get so drunk!

Well I've been with my boyfriend for over 2yrs now and that stemmed from a one night stand...teeehee!:biggrin:
I didnt have any in my first year, very dissapointing. But then Oxford was in a student survey as the uni with the least sex, I think Sheffield came top with the most sex. :biggrin:

After meeting my ex gf in my second year I had lots of sex, all with her of course and it was great. Casual sex is meaningless and usually bad anyway, hang in there and you'll meet someone who is worth the wait. :smile: You can improve your chances by going to society drinks parties striking up conversations and asking for phone numbers/email addresses by the way. :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending