The Student Room Group

I can't help but feel guilty when I'm not revising...

I only started writing my notes during the Christmas holidays... And there's just too much content in each of my subjects. I feel like I'm going to fail and it just scares and worries me to extent of where I just feel so worried.

I feel like I'm learning but it's just not enough. No matter what the amount I'm doing it just isn't enough. This is what I keep thinking. I hate how it's the holidays yet I can't relax.

Whenever I'm not revising I just feel guilty. Like today I decided to take a day off although I hadn't originally planned. So far I've taken the day after I broke up, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and today off.

My revision is going to plan. But I just think it's too little in comparison to what I have to learn. There is just too much content to learn.

I'm so worried.

Does anyone have any advice?
You know what you could do right now that would solve this problem quite easily?

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by fudgemuffins
You know what you could do right now that would solve this problem quite easily?

Spoiler

Yeah, but it's still too much content to remember... I'd still worry. :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by Tullia
What subjects?

Philosophy. Psychology. Economics. Geography.
Reply 4
I'm in the exact same position as you. left it this late last year for my AS exams and did fine, AAAB. but now I'm learning the hard way that A2 is a step up and I should've started a couple of months ago.. thank god for resits, but I'm still gonna hammer the revision and try my best. haven't left the house since black Friday, not having a social life until the end of January is the plan haha.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5
I'm feeling guilty too because i've still got fours revision today left-I'm falling behind.I'm doing GCSE exams though.
Reply 6
i feel exactly the same! especially for psychology! the way that i see it is that i cant do anything about the lack of time left, but i can do something about how much i am learning/revising. Therefore now im just revising things, and making sure that at least i know the basics of everything in the syllabus. Also i am prediciting what questions may come up in my essay based exam (i know this is incredibly risky) but when you dont have enough time, its kind of a neccessary thing to do.
Reply 7
Original post by s24a
i feel exactly the same! especially for psychology! the way that i see it is that i cant do anything about the lack of time left, but i can do something about how much i am learning/revising. Therefore now im just revising things, and making sure that at least i know the basics of everything in the syllabus. Also i am prediciting what questions may come up in my essay based exam (i know this is incredibly risky) but when you dont have enough time, its kind of a neccessary thing to do.

I think what you're doing is good. And not risky. As long as you know the content... What's wrong with predicting what may come up? Tbh, there is less chance of what came up last time coming up this time... That's what I think. Like all the stuff that hasn't ever come up or came up ages ago is more likely to come up.

I think in all my subjects I more or less know the very very basic. I just need to know it inside out.

I always think exams are more of a memory test rather than ability.
Reply 8
Original post by >Username<
I think what you're doing is good. And not risky. As long as you know the content... What's wrong with predicting what may come up? Tbh, there is less chance of what came up last time coming up this time... That's what I think. Like all the stuff that hasn't ever come up or came up ages ago is more likely to come up.

I think in all my subjects I more or less know the very very basic. I just need to know it inside out.

I always think exams are more of a memory test rather than ability.

same i think that too! exams (especially psychology) are grading your memory not what you actually know and understand to be psychology
Im panicking too :frown: I just don't seem to be able to concentrate ATM and its so much pressure because it's the first set of a level exams too :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending