The Student Room Group

Illness and Exams

Ok, I'm retaking English Lit next week (11/01/13) and I've got F212 and F215 Biology exams the week after. But, I've just contracted Glandular Fever.
I was thinking if anyone had experienced a similar problem and what they did about it.

Thanks!
On the paper it says 'inform a member of staff if illness interferes with ability to do paper'

...................................................................................

So I informed a mother effin' member of staff because I threw up on the actual test paper, they came and saw it and I told them 'I really don't feel well' so what they did is clean the test paper, got me a bottle of water and made me carry on the vomit filled 'Of Mice and Men' essay.

Sons of bitches don't do anything to help you, but I got A* for it anyway.

So what I'm tryina' say is, education in England sucks. I wish you the best of luck my friend.
Reply 2
Wow. Well congrats on the end result!
Reply 3
Original post by BenO'C
Ok, I'm retaking English Lit next week (11/01/13) and I've got F212 and F215 Biology exams the week after. But, I've just contracted Glandular Fever.
I was thinking if anyone had experienced a similar problem and what they did about it.

Thanks!

Talk to the exams officer as soon as possible as he should be able to sort out any access arrangements that might help such as rest breaks (which you are definitely entitled to) and extra time (which you might be able to make the case for). You could ask about special consideration but I wouldn't count on that as it is not the end of the course and the standard response is that you can re-sit. You might as well give them a go (or most of them a go) as you haven't got a lot to lose - if it goes badly then you can always re-sit in the summer.
Reply 4
Thanks. Good to know I've got options.

Quick Reply

Latest