The Student Room Group

3rd year nursing

So I’m in my 3rd year of nursing, nearly at the end! However I feel like I’m losing a grip on it all, had 2 exams been ill with flu started a new placement which hasn’t got off to a great start…I was ill the first week then the placement woman was ill the second week and the third day I have changed my days around at placement at short notice don’t think they are too happy with that…please say I’m not the only one who’s placement doesn’t always go to plan? I’m really bad for over thinking.
You’re human, and you cannot predict when you’re going to get ill. Placement can be unpredictable, too, and not always go to plan.
In my second year, I needed some time off from one of my placements, and in first year I had one of my mentors work with me for two shifts and then go on annual leave the entire duration of what was left of my placement.

You’re not alone in this, I promise

Nat
Third-year student nurse and ambassador
Reply 2
Original post by LJMUStudentReps
You’re human, and you cannot predict when you’re going to get ill. Placement can be unpredictable, too, and not always go to plan.
In my second year, I needed some time off from one of my placements, and in first year I had one of my mentors work with me for two shifts and then go on annual leave the entire duration of what was left of my placement.

You’re not alone in this, I promise

Nat
Third-year student nurse and ambassador

Thank you for your reply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending