The Student Room Group

How to get out of the friendzone. [Guide]

If you do this right, I can guarantee it will work at least 90% of the time.

Okay here it is, if anyone asks how to get out the friend zone again then link them here.

1. Keep away for the girl for as long as possible, cut off all contact, the longer the better, at least a week, but the longer you leave it the better it will work (I did a month), you can use any excuse, holidays, internet breaking and busy, anything. Just do it, and don't talk to her at all unless you absolutely must, and make it quick.

2. When you first see her, give her a hug, and keep touching her. NO NOT LIKE THAT. I mean hugging, put your arm around her, keep esculating your touches, over the space of a few hours, until you comfortably hold hands or anything. Be creative about it and make excuses if you are nervous, but this is a MUST. If you're friends then it should be easy, and even if you feel stupid or nervous do it, trust me it works. If she gives any bad signs then slow down the escalation and go slower, just make sure that you do escalate I can't say exactly how fast because it depends on the girl, but the key to making the girl like you is touch.

3. Make jokes about her liking you, "just cause you fancy me, right?" ect, once again be creative, that just gets her in the right mindset.

4. Don't talk too much about random subjects, if you build up too much comfort with her then she will begin to see you more like a friend again.

5. Talk about fancying other girls, even if you are obviously doing it to make her jealous "Jesus Christ did you see that girls ass!" and imply that you like other girls "Amy is looking canny decent lately like isn't she?"

6. Talk about other girls liking you, escalate touch with girls that you don't fancy, it'll make you escalating touch with her less of you saying "I fancy you" and being more like "this is who I am" This is a extremely important step, she MUST think that other girls fancy you, tell stories about you getting with girls when you were on holiday, make up stories that aren't true, if you are out with her then say "did you see that girl check me out there!? I'm not some piece of meat! wow!" (act all angry so it seems like the emphasis was on how dirty she checked you out) I can't stress how important it is to make her think other girls like you.

7. Don't show interest until she shows interest in you, don't ask her out, don't say she looks pretty, until she starts being sexual with her DON'T be like that even if you have told her before. If she thinks she already could have you if she wanted then she will think "look at his *** has changed, and he fancies me, I must be able to get even better lads!" Give her a challenge.

8. If you are going to complement her, even after she complements you, always bring it back with a insult. Don't be too harsh though, "you look canny fit today, too bad your a year younger or I'd totally be into you" Even if it's playful like that. This is called push-pull and it can be confusing for the girl if she picks up on it, however it generates massive attraction once you master how to use it. Tease the girl as well, its funny and will give you something to talk about while creating attraction, if your always nice to girls then they will see you as too easy to get, this is why girls like ********s. Tease them about anything, don't tease them about things they are self concious about eg height if the girl is really small, tease them about things that aren't true.

9. (Optional) If you dress bad, or you don't dress like the guys she fancies then change, become more confident, and take note of recent fashions if she is a typical girl. Because you haven't seen her in a while then you changing clothes wont seem a big change, wont seem different and she won't even mention it as much as if you randomly just changed. I did this in sequences, started wearing chinos, then Hollister gear. Obviously you don't have to do this, but a good dress sense will help. Get a good hair style, be well groomed, go on sunbeds even if you have to, just keep looking for ways to improve.

10 (very optional). I just thought I'd add in this tiny tip, if you have any imperfections on your face, a tiny tiny amount of foundation can make a massive difference, hell, steal your mothers/sisters when they are out the house if you are embarrassed to get it yourself, squirt some into a old hair-gel pot, just use it, it really does help incredible amounts.

I'll keep updating this guide when I think of other tricks, each point has psychological reasons behind them which you can figure out yourself, if people want me to explain each step then I will if there is enough interest.

My final point: Girls are only interested in guys for looks at face value, it gives them initial interest but that is all. Looks do not matter a 1/10th as much as it does to guys, simply because they are evolutionally developed to prefer different things.

PM me with any questions/stories or if you need advice. Over and out.

edit: important point; we are lucky to be men.a mans attraction is like a on or off switch, it can change if a girl changes her looks but its either off or on. As a girl attraction is like a balloon, attraction is like the air, doing this will "blow" (excuse the pun) attraction into the balloon, looks will put some into the balloon, touching will put some into the balloon, pre-selection will put some in, as will the other things I stated.

For people who say looks really matter. Check this thread out, its recent.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2225794

Pre selection comes to mind, he has a few ex girlfriends.
Grooms himself, goes to the gym.

And now, his preselection is jeopardy as some girl said he was horrible, now it give the op doubt about him. LOOK AT THIS, it proves my points exactly.

just a little bit of proof that I found while searching the forum, ugly guy gets good girl cause of preselection and playing it right, now it might not work cause his preselection got taken away.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That actually seems like reasonable advice. I would say, though, that the 90% thing is crap. It is true that girls care less about looks, but that does not mean any guy can date any girl if he acts confidently. A lot of the time you are friend zoned just because the girl likes your personality, but isn't sexually attracted to you. Like she might have a female friend she loves, but she won't ever want to **** her.

I'd say only do something like this if you are hugely just enjoy the into a girl, shes all you can think about. Otherwise, just enjoy the friendship. I like how the friend zone is always seen so negatively, like "who'd want to be friends with a girl?".
Reply 2
We're it so easy! Sad to say, to me, this seems like complete '********'.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Mankytoes
That actually seems like reasonable advice. I would say, though, that the 90% thing is crap. It is true that girls care less about looks, but that does not mean any guy can date any girl if he acts confidently. A lot of the time you are friend zoned just because the girl likes your personality, but isn't sexually attracted to you. Like she might have a female friend she loves, but she won't ever want to **** her.

I'd say only do something like this if you are hugely just enjoy the into a girl, shes all you can think about. Otherwise, just enjoy the friendship. I like how the friend zone is always seen so negatively, like "who'd want to be friends with a girl?".

Her being sexually attracted to you is mostly about how you act, not how you look. You must have seen ugly guys with unreal fit girls, and you wonder how he does it? Looks don't matter, simply put. If you do this correctly then the girl WILL be attracted to you, whether she has logical reasons to overcome her sexual instincts such as you dating her friend or other reasons. And if your going to post stuff like "we're it soo easy" then gtfo off my thread, being skeptical is fine, saying it won't work without trying it is just idiotic.

[Edited first post with extra tip, dont show too much attraction to her]
Reply 4
Some of that's decent, some of that's pretty crap to be honest.

Like the lines talking about girls checking you out? No. The stories and so forth, that can be good though. And you're right with breaking the touch barrier.

The biggest and best tip you can get for breaking out of the friendzone though is to change something about yourself overnight. Get a new hairstyle, start to dress better, start hitting the gym and be more flirtatious with everyone. This works because she'll be looking at you slightly differently because of all the change, and she'll notice your new confidence and attitude, which in most cases will be more attractive than the old you. A big thing to remember though is that if you're looking for a relationship with the girl that friendzoned you is that any act you start, you'll have to keep going, which is why it's always better to make a positive lifestyle change, than to just put on an act.
Reply 5
Original post by Steevee
Some of that's decent, some of that's pretty crap to be honest.

Like the lines talking about girls checking you out? No. The stories and so forth, that can be good though. And you're right with breaking the touch barrier.

The biggest and best tip you can get for breaking out of the friend zone though is to change something about yourself overnight. Get a new hairstyle, start to dress better, start hitting the gym and be more flirtatious with everyone. This works because she'll be looking at you slightly differently because of all the change, and she'll notice your new confidence and attitude, which in most cases will be more attractive than the old you. A big thing to remember though is that if you're looking for a relationship with the girl that friend zoned you is that any act you start, you'll have to keep going, which is why it's always better to make a positive lifestyle change, than to just put on an act.

The act you first put on will make these positive changes actually embeds into you and it will become you, you will become the act. The lines about girls checking you out works because if you are "pre-selected" eg other girls fancy you then they will fancy you. It's been tested and it works, your method might work sometimes because you are changing yourself, but changing a part of your self might improve you a little, my method changes how she looks at you completely and will spark instant attraction.
Reply 6
Pretty interesting guide, I'm sure people can use certain points to try and escape haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Sorry, its slang for "kind of"
Anon because I don't want the guy in q to read this. Guys - no matter what girls say playing hard to get really does work. For me, I met a guy who treated me so well. Then he cooled it off and became really difficult to get hold of. Every time I felt like I was near breaking point he would text me. It was like an addiction. The fact that he valued himself enough not to be all over me made me want him even more. He is nothing special in the looks department but has this self assurance which is quite sexy.
Some of that could work IF she fancied you before hand. You can't just magic a desire for someone out of thin air - if she's already had thoughts about it then yes, some of the things you suggested might make her more curious about you as a partner - but if she doesn't think of you like that at all? Well, let me put it this way: I have a very good male friend. If he ignored me, started touching me for no reason at all, then complimented other girls whilst insulting me and insinuating I fancied him, and then changed his entire personality and looks (using make-up - really?)...well, I'd think he was a douche and wouldn't want to be his friend anymore particularly.

There isn't one set formular to get out of the friend zone, I'm afraid. It depends on the girl in question, your relationship, and the context of each situation.
Reply 10
as a girl, I actually think most of this would probably work. Scary that some guys think so precise about how and why they act the way they do though... unless Im unusual, we don't do this!
Going to put my reply in bold, and only quote the parts I have issue with to keep the post length down.
Original post by Closeout
If you do this right, I can guarantee it will work at least 90% of the time. Its simply amazing how it has worked and it has been tried and tested by thousands of men, including myself. I was in a group full of 6 girls and me from my college class, I was friend zoned by all of them, did this method and now every single one of them has asked me out (I rejected, that's another story though).This part sounds like one of those stupid adverts you see on the internet. "Get ripped with no effort!" "Get girls to fall over each other to get to you!":rolleyes:

2. When you first see her, give her a hug, and keep touching her. NO NOT LIKE THAT. I mean hugging, put your arm around her, keep esculating your touches, over the space of a few hours, until you comfortably hold hands or anything. Be creative about it and make excuses if you are nervous, but this is a MUST. If you're friends then it should be easy, and even if you feel stupid or nervous do it, trust me it works. If she gives any bad signs then slow down the escalation and go slower, just make sure that you do escalate I can't say exactly how fast because it depends on the girl, but the key to making the girl like you is touch.May work if she likes you. But to "keep touching her" and "putting your arm around her,...escalating your touches" will most likely come across as creepy.

3. Make jokes about her liking you, "just cause you fancy me, right?" ect, once again be creative, that just gets her in the right mindset.Just sounds a little lame really. You won't "get her in the mindset" by refusing to accept they don't like you.

5. Talk about fancying other girls, even if you are obviously doing it to make her jealous "Jesus Christ did you see that girls ass!" and imply that you like other girls "Amy is looking canny decent lately like isn't she?"if she wasn't interested in you in the first place she won't get jealous...only if she was interested would she be.

6. Talk about other girls liking you, escalate touch with girls that you don't fancy, it'll make you escalating touch with her less of you saying "I fancy you" and being more like "this is who I am" This is a extremely important step, she MUST think that other girls fancy you, tell stories about you getting with girls when you were on holiday, make up stories that aren't true, if you are out with her then say "did you see that girl check me out there!? I'm not some piece of meat! wow!" (act all angry so it seems like the emphasis was on how dirty she checked you out) I can't stress how important it is to make her think other girls like you."Make up stories about you getting with girls on holiday, make up stories that aren't true", lie about girls checking you out! Just will make you seem so desparate and pathetic. Do this and you will sink to a whole new level in their estimation surely.

7. Don't show interest until she shows interest in you, don't ask her out, don't say she looks pretty, until she starts being sexual with her DON'T be like that even if you have told her before. If she thinks she already could have you if she wanted then she will think "look at his *** has changed, and he fancies me, I must be able to get even better lads!" Give her a challenge.This sounds reasonable actually.

10 (very optional). I just thought I'd add in this tiny tip, if you have any imperfections on your face, a tiny tiny amount of foundation can make a massive difference, hell, steal your mothers/sisters when they are out the house if you are embarrassed to get it yourself, squirt some into a old hair-gel pot, just use it, it really does help incredible amounts.Yeah. Reccomending a guy wear make up... no thank you. I would never buy my own or steal my mothers. Stealing your mum's make up is just weird for a guy I think.

You seem to have taken the time to write some kind of guide for people but it looks pretty ridiculous in most cases. For 90% of people trying what you have suggested would just make you seem like a complete nutcase. Where did you get this female physcology knowledge from? It sounds really good:rolleyes: Utterly stupid in so many ways. Touching her etc is only legal and socially acceptable if she likes you...
(edited 11 years ago)
This sounds more like a tutorial on how to become an absolute tool.
Reply 13
As the above person said, she would have to have liked you beforehand or at least believed that you are attractive to some extent.

I have very good male friends who I, in the politest way possible, would not touch with a bargepole. Even though some are particularly confident. Another thing to consider is interests too, I have one friend who is obsessed with Anime and goes to that dress up thing they do in London and goes to gaming societies - another thing that prevents me from ever finding him attractive. By the way I don't mean that is a bad interest to have, I just mean that it's really not for me.

Looks matter initially a huge amount if we're talking purely on sexual attractions for us women, especially if we do not know your personality. After a long time of knowing someone their personality CAN become the driving force. But only if it's good enough for us to find it attractive. If your personality and interests don't suit us, there's a reason you're staying in the friendzone.

However it can spin the other way, dickheads manage to get out of the friendzone very easily if they want to, if they're especially attractive. Because looks are important to girls too.

Girls who find their friends attractive usually flirt to some extent with them anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Closeout
Her being sexually attracted to you is mostly about how you act, not how you look. You must have seen ugly guys with unreal fit girls, and you wonder how he does it? Looks don't matter, simply put. If you do this correctly then the girl WILL be attracted to you, whether she has logical reasons to overcome her sexual instincts such as you dating her friend or other reasons. And if your going to post stuff like "we're it soo easy" then gtfo off my thread, being skeptical is fine, saying it won't work without trying it is just idiotic.

[Edited first post with extra tip, dont show too much attraction to her]

You're on the right track, but you're exaggerating the difference. Looks DO matter, just not as much. But they are still an important factor, there has to be a physical attraction in any relationship. Guys can push massively above their looks, but that girl will still find that guy attractive, he couldn't pull most very fit girls, no matter how confident and good at playing the game he is.

Ha I don't know why you're getting so defensive, I said you gave alright advice! The reason I added what I did was because I can imagine guys trying so hard with all this advice but not succeeding, and it driving them crazy that it isn't working. Sometimes yooooouuuu have to just accept this and try to move on. I'm not saying this because I've found everything easy, quite the opposite, I know what it's like to have a hopeless infatuation, it's not fun.
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous
Anon because I don't want the guy in q to read this. Guys - no matter what girls say playing hard to get really does work. For me, I met a guy who treated me so well. Then he cooled it off and became really difficult to get hold of. Every time I felt like I was near breaking point he would text me. It was like an addiction. The fact that he valued himself enough not to be all over me made me want him even more. He is nothing special in the looks department but has this self assurance which is quite sexy.

How often would you see the guy or did you mostly communicate through Texting etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Mourinho<3
If you do this right, I can guarantee it will work at least 90% of the time. Its simply amazing how it has worked and it has been tried and tested by thousands of men, including myself. I was in a group full of 6 girls and me from my college class, I was friend zoned by all of them, did this method and now every single one of them has asked me out (I rejected, that's another story though).This part sounds like one of those stupid adverts you see on the internet. "Get ripped with no effort!" "Get girls to fall over each other to get to you!" ?Okay. Fair point, it was a introduction for something that works, it sounds too good to be true but isnt. for once.

2. When you first see her, give her a hug, and keep touching her. NO NOT LIKE THAT. I mean hugging, put your arm around her, keep esculating your touches, over the space of a few hours, until you comfortably hold hands or anything. Be creative about it and make excuses if you are nervous, but this is a MUST. If you're friends then it should be easy, and even if you feel stupid or nervous do it, trust me it works. If she gives any bad signs then slow down the escalation and go slower, just make sure that you do escalate I can't say exactly how fast because it depends on the girl, but the key to making the girl like you is touch.May work if she likes you. But to "keep touching her" and "putting your arm around her,...escalating your touches" will most likely come across as creepy. ?You think touching girls is creepy? Wtf is wrong with you? I touch all girls, family, friends, people I like, its because I am comftable with myself and with them. How can it be creepy when you touch everyone? It will come across as natural and will make yous eem confident.

3. Make jokes about her liking you, "just cause you fancy me, right?" ect, once again be creative, that just gets her in the right mindset.Just sounds a little lame really. You won't "get her in the mindset" by refusing to accept they don't like you. ?Its a joke that you make, and although its a joke it will imply things to her and will make her see you as a potential partner, its also a bit of banter.

5. Talk about fancying other girls, even if you are obviously doing it to make her jealous "Jesus Christ did you see that girls ass!" and imply that you like other girls "Amy is looking canny decent lately like isn't she?"if she wasn't interested in you in the first place she won't get jealous...only if she was interested would she be. ?If a girl thinks she already has you, and if your in the friendzone its usually the girl that puts you there then you saying you like other girls will make her see you like a sexual threat, by making yourself like other girls then she will think"if i dont take him he will start liking someone else. girls use guys who fancy them to make themselves feel better about themselves and feel more attractive, if you do this to other girls then your not giving her the validation she wants, so she wont keep you in that frame.

6. Talk about other girls liking you, escalate touch with girls that you don't fancy, it'll make you escalating touch with her less of you saying "I fancy you" and being more like "this is who I am" This is a extremely important step, she MUST think that other girls fancy you, tell stories about you getting with girls when you were on holiday, make up stories that aren't true, if you are out with her then say "did you see that girl check me out there!? I'm not some piece of meat! wow!" (act all angry so it seems like the emphasis was on how dirty she checked you out) I can't stress how important it is to make her think other girls like you."Make up stories about you getting with girls on holiday, make up stories that aren't true", lie about girls checking you out! Just will make you seem so desparate and pathetic. Do this and you will sink to a whole new level in their estimation surely. ??You wont seem desperate because she will think it is true, she will see you as more attractive as you are pre-selected by other girls. Guys do this as well, if a lot of your friends says a girl is fit, you'll start believing they are fit. you listen to your friends and other guys and they influence your opinions of girls.

7. Don't show interest until she shows interest in you, don't ask her out, don't say she looks pretty, until she starts being sexual with her DON'T be like that even if you have told her before. If she thinks she already could have you if she wanted then she will think "look at his *** has changed, and he fancies me, I must be able to get even better lads!" Give her a challenge.This sounds reasonable actually. ? Thank you.

10 (very optional). I just thought I'd add in this tiny tip, if you have any imperfections on your face, a tiny tiny amount of foundation can make a massive difference, hell, steal your mothers/sisters when they are out the house if you are embarrassed to get it yourself, squirt some into a old hair-gel pot, just use it, it really does help incredible amounts.Yeah. Reccomending a guy wear make up... no thank you. I would never buy my own or steal my mothers. Stealing your mum's make up is just weird for a guy I think.
?This is about self improvement, most guys do wear tiny amounts of make-up and its not weird at all, you just wont know about it as if you admit it then you will be looked down upon. Your "status" will be lowered. Stealing it is simply if you are too scared/embarrassed for your status as naturally we should be. Times are changing, I think you should accept that in the modern culture the gap between what is acceptable for men and women is closing.

Girls like men who are well groomed, they will think you are attractive if you are well groomed and show these behaviours. Look at some attractive men, not all but most will be

1. Pre-selected by many other girls.
2. Well groomed
3. Will touch girls if you watch them, all girls
4. will look confident all the time

You will see someone an think they are attractive because of looks, when really it is all of this combined with a little of looks in bedded.

???
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Fuzzpig
-x-

^^ What the Fuzzpig said.
I'll put this to the test as I have a female friend that I fancy, just gonna put some foundation on to hide the imperfections in my face. Will report back when I've tapped dat ass :sexface:
Reply 19
Lol i would never put foundation on....... Only time I did was when my GF put it all over my face haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending