The Student Room Group

LJMU Gym

So I'm a competing amateur natural teen bodybuilder with an offer for Civil Engineering at all 5 of my uni choices. I've been told as a ljmu student you get free off-peak membership to Lifestyles Fitness Centre.

Who uses the gym, and can you tell me if it's actually any good please.

Also how high do the dumbbells go and how big is the free weights area?

THANKS.
Reply 1
Original post by joshuaa1994
So I'm a competing amateur natural teen bodybuilder with an offer for Civil Engineering at all 5 of my uni choices. I've been told as a ljmu student you get free off-peak membership to Lifestyles Fitness Centre.

Who uses the gym, and can you tell me if it's actually any good please.

Also how high do the dumbbells go and how big is the free weights area?

THANKS.

The gym is rubbish mate to be frank, its too busy. I don't think there is a good weight lifting facility there. I filled in my application form but never bothered. I live at the accommodation Atlantic point and I train at the gym BodyPower which is a 2 second walk around the corner. It is a proper old bodybuilding gym with everything you need. Yes it is a bit of a crap hole but for £5 a week student price and the location it is the best option.

There is an another good gym called gym21 but it isn't worth the walk for me as bodybody has everything I need. DB's up to 60kg ect, squats racks... you get the deal. any questions just ask.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by AMG44
The gym is rubbish mate to be frank, its too busy. I don't think there is a good weight lifting facility there. I filled in my application form but never bothered. I live at the accommodation Atlantic point and I train at the gym BodyPower which is a 2 second walk around the corner. It is a proper old bodybuilding gym with everything you need. Yes it is a bit of a crap hole but for £5 a week student price and the location it is the best option.

There is an another good gym called gym21 but it isn't worth the walk for me as bodybody has everything I need. DB's up to 60kg ect, squats racks... you get the deal. any questions just ask.

Props man big help! Atlantic point is where I will be stayin cuz ive decided i wanna go to LJMU, startin in september.
Reply 3
Original post by joshuaa1994
Props man big help! Atlantic point is where I will be stayin cuz ive decided i wanna go to LJMU, startin in september.

Same, I am staying there too for my 2nd year also I've been to the free gym it's very good for cardio. It's okay but scene as I do power lifting it doesn't accommodate for my needs. It's only good for being full of fit girls aha.
Reply 4
Staying in Atlantic Point in Sept'13 too! Keen lifter as well. Good to have a training partner in a decent gym! Can't be doing with no **** gyms with dumbells that don't go 40+ kg!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
'The Gym' at l1 is £15 a month if I'm correct and is open 24 hours, it is located in Liverpool city centre so if you are staying near the city centre then it could be ideal and within walking distance.

Im not sure how good it is for weights but you could probably find that easily on the Internet or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest