The Student Room Group

A quick question about UCAS and resits.

If you state in your application that you will be resitting exams and then you receive an unconditional offer do you still have to resit them? Or does this invalidate the terms of your offer?
Reply 1
Original post by Add!ction
If you state in your application that you will be resitting exams and then you receive an unconditional offer do you still have to resit them? Or does this invalidate the terms of your offer?

Unconditional means they'll take you no matter what, so you don't need to resit them.
Reply 2

it is usually very unlikely to get an unconditional offer!
where did ya get it? and for what course??
Reply 3
I would e-mail the uni to check but I have no idea what to say :P I don't want to sound like a complete goon.
Reply 4
Original post by Future-doc
it is usually very unlikely to get an unconditional offer!
where did ya get it? and for what course??

I did my Alevels last year so already have my A2's :smile: It's for English and American Literature combined with Religious Studies at Kent uni.
Reply 5
O! OK!!
maybe unconditionals are more likely once you have your results, bc they cant go down!!
Reply 6
O! OK!!
maybe unconditionals are more likely once you have your results, bc they cant go down!!

Yeah, I just don't want to spend time and money on an exam that I'm unlikely to improve on, plus I can devote more time to my other resit.
Reply 7
Yeah, I just don't want to spend time and money on an exam that I'm unlikely to improve on, plus I can devote more time to my other resit.

why are you resitting anything if its unconditional??
Reply 8
why are you resitting anything if its unconditional??

I didn't know that my offer would be unconditional, by the time I received it I had already said that I would resit 4 exams. This is so confusing, I wish they made it easier to understand.
Reply 9
You need to tell UCAS and the uni but it's unlikely they'll care

Sent from my GT-S5363
Reply 10
Original post by Juno
You need to tell UCAS and the uni but it's unlikely they'll care

Sent from my GT-S5363

Sorry to be a pain but could you advise me on what to say?
Reply 11
Sorry to be a pain but could you advise me on what to say?

You'll need to phone UCAS but can probably find an email address for the uni.
Include UCAS number in email.

Tell them you're not resitting X now because Y, and therefore Z will remain your grade. Then say something about how you're letting them know so that they don't expect to receive a grade from exam board in August.

Sent from my GT-S5363
Reply 12
Thanks!
Reply 13
It's probably not a great idea to say that you don't want to spend time and money on it, though, as this could be interpreted as you saying it's a waste of time - and you don't want them to think you think learning new stuff is a waste of time

Sent from my GT-S5363
Reply 14
Original post by Juno
It's probably not a great idea to say that you don't want to spend time and money on it, though, as this could be interpreted as you saying it's a waste of time - and you don't want them to think you think learning new stuff is a waste of time

Sent from my GT-S5363

That's exactly how I don't want to come across, what reason could I give though? Other than I already hold a B which is the entry requirement.
Reply 15
That's exactly how I don't want to come across, what reason could I give though? Other than I already hold a B which is the entry requirement.

If you haven't got a good reason then leave that bit out. They might reply asking why - and if they do you'll have to think of something - but they might just accept it.

Sent from my GT-S5363

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending