The Student Room Group

"Nice guys finish last"

Self proclaimed Nice Guys of TSR please take some time to look at the following:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hnigatu/13-reasons-why-nice-guys-are-the-worst

Scroll to see replies

Stop feeding insecurity with stupid american articles.
Reply 2
Original post by tu_es_jolie_x
Self proclaimed Nice Guys of TSR please take some time to look at the following:

Isn't that a good thing though? :wink:
Reply 3

'bad guys' are the 'good looking guys' who arent as 'nice' because their looks give them an overwhelming advantage.

It's 'ugly guys' finish last. No 'hot' guy is ever getting friendzoned.

Saying it like it is since 1994.
Reply 4
Nice guys won't give you an STD
Original post by MENDACIUM
'bad guys' are the 'good looking guys' who arent as 'nice' because their looks give them an overwhelming advantage.

It's 'ugly guys' finish last. No 'hot' guy is ever getting friendzoned.

Saying it like it is since 1994.

This lol.

Also self proclaimed nice guys, are not actually nice guys, they are just so desperate for a woman they think that sucking up to every female is the way to go about it.

thanks so much for sharing this.

This hits 2 of my ''nice guy'' friends on the head. They pretty much have every one of them points and ignore me when i try and tell them :tongue:

Just to confirm this theory.

After watching the video I sent it to my friend who is a self proclaimed ''nice guy''. Constantly telling me all the 'nice' things he does for people.
On sending this him, he told me that it was a load of rubbish.

I think ''nice guys'' are truly naiive to the idea that they are not nice. Genuinely nice people are automatically nice. If you have to sugarcoat that you are 'nice' then chances are you just think every girl owes you something if you have been kind to her.
(edited 11 years ago)
None of my male friends are "nice guys", in fact, one of them is nothing short of a complete dickhead. :lol: That's not to say my friends aren't nice, one of them is without a doubt the nicest guy I know, but he doesn't do it because he feels entitled to anything. When I once teased him about fancying someone he replied that he wasn't interested in any of that until he meets someone he really likes. So yeah, he's a romantic, but he's not a "nice guy", he's just a lovely person. The rest of my male friends I just have your standard brother-sister semi-abusive relationship with, I love them but I don't fancy them and I'm sure they feel the same about me. And it's not like they're unattractive, I just don't fancy them. The "nice guys" in that article are extremely annoying. I particularly like the one about "But I didn't take advantage of you!" Well, it's basic human decency not to take advantage of someone in a barely conscious state, regardless of if it was self-inflicted or not.
that's why i'll treat you like trash....
Original post by SleepySheep
that's why i'll treat you like trash....

It's not what I really wanna do... :tongue:
Reply 10
Original post by pinkangelgirl
This lol.

Also self proclaimed nice guys, are not actually nice guys, they are just so desperate for a woman they think that sucking up to every female is the way to go about it.

:borat:

So glad. I usually get women saying "Dat a1nt tru3 do3 u dun evan kno me"

Put it this way. If you are a 'good looking guy' you could get more girls being a 'prick' , then being a 'nice' 'ugly' guy.

It's the unfair natural world we live in.
This lol.

This, I hate the whole 'friendzoned' thing, nobody who has claimed that they were in the 'friendzone' was ever a nice person.
Reply 12
Original post by venenecinema
This, I hate the whole 'friendzoned' thing, nobody who has claimed that they were in the 'friendzone' was ever a nice person.

Blame Joey from Friends.
This lol.

yep, after a deep conversation with them, you'll see that they too see most women as nothing but meat.
Reply 14
I don't understand this idea that if you're super-nice to someone, they'll shag you :erm:

Whoever suggested the notion was very mean indeed :holmes:
Reply 15
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
yep, after a deep conversation with them, you'll see that they too see most women as nothing but meat.

From an atheistic stand point, we are here with no purpose. We have evolved over millions of years to want to find mates which can enable our genes to continue.

Objectively , what's wrong with that?
This nice guy/gentleman talk makes me a bit paranoid about being nice if that is what people think of common decency. If I hold a door for you it doesn't mean I want anything, if this were true then I am bi and I want men too :eek:
Original post by manchesterunited15
It's not what I really wanna do... :tongue:

But you only date bad guys so, I'll give it my best try to..:flute:
Original post by SleepySheep
But you only date bad guys so, I'll give it my best try to..:flute:

TEEHEE
This is quite true. I have a friend who claims he is a 'nice guy' and that 'nice guys finish last' because he hasn't yet had success with any woman. In reality he's not even that nice at all. He's a douchebag to others at the best of times, mocks other people at any given opportunity and always takes but never gives anything back.

There are genuinely nice guys out here, but these guys don't place the blame on the women themselves for their lack of success.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending