The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey 2013 Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by a13579
Hi Dan i was wondering if you would happen to know anything about the surrey bursary, because from what I have read I am eligible for the £3000 accommodation discount. But when I got my accommodation offer today it says I need to pay £4000~, soo I was wondering will they send me an email at a later date about how to receive this??

you should get notified at later date when you start uni, then they minus the money from the overall accommodation price and you will pay much less each month :smile:
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 101
Original post by Fonzee
I'm in the same boat as you so don't worry, I should be eligible for the £3000 discount since I am entitled to the full amount of Grants and Loans from Student Finance. Basically if you are entitled to the full amount on there then you will be entitled to the bursaries.

I will be phoning them in a minute to ask about this anyway so I'll let you know what they say. (If i manage to get through that is, busy day for everyone)

Original post by Dan1909
I've absolutely no idea about this sorry. I wasn't eligible for any bursaries, so have never had to look into them.

All I can recommend is to check the university's website, and see what details are on there. If not you can always phone and ask.

Thank you for your response. :smile:

Original post by SamJ35
What blocks are you both in?

Im in block 71-77 how about you??
Reply 102
I've been offered Band C - Standard in Twyford Court, Twyford G, but no mention of a room number o:
Reply 103
Original post by A. Jensen
I've been offered Band C - Standard in Twyford Court, Twyford G, but no mention of a room number o:

Nobody has room numbers yet, so don't worry.

We'll all be sent an email later on with floor/room numbers and moving in details in the next few weeks.
Reply 104
I've been given a band C room at Cathedral Court, 1B. From what I've seen it looks nice, Band D was my first choice though but I'm sure it'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been offered Band A - Shared Room, Stag Hill 23 at Stag Hill Campus. :/
Original post by A. Jensen

I have exactly the same!

My first choice was Band D so if anyone wants to swap their off campus band D for a on campus Band C, we can do that in October (I think) or perhaps sooner :smile:
Reply 107
Original post by thegreenchildren
I have exactly the same! My first choice was Band D so if anyone wants to swap their off campus band D for a on campus Band C, we can do that in October (I think) or perhaps sooner :smile:
Exact same here! Was a bit disappointed at first, then I realised someone cleans the bathrooms for us in band c as its shared, so then I was happy :smile:
Reply 108
I haven't heard anyone for Bellerby court :frown:
Reply 109
I'm in Battersea Tate!!!
Original post by a13579
Same I've also been offered band D on manor park and I also wanted to be on campus

Hi
I've been offered stag hill campus band d room but i'm also in the same situation as you, i wanted to get a place at manor park but didn't get it. I phoned the accommodation services and they said if i could find a fellow student wanting the stag hill campus instead, then we can do a room swap once we've gone to surrey. Would you be interested in swapping rooms when the accommodation services allows us to do one?
Original post by froso
I haven't heard anyone for Bellerby court :frown:

I'll be theeere
Reply 112
finally :P in which house??I will be in Frances Harison
What are u going to study??
Reply 113
Original post by GreenBottle
I'll be theeere

finally :P in which house??I will be in Frances Harison
What are u going to study?
Reply 114
Original post by mattwilkins
Has anyone else received/accepted their offer? I'm going to be in a band C on Stag Hill Court.

I have received an offer for a band D on Stag Hill Court, still haven't accepted though. wanna make sure that this is definitely what i want before i close the deal.
Reply 115
Original post by Faysalz
I have received an offer for a band D on Stag Hill Court, still haven't accepted though. wanna make sure that this is definitely what i want before i close the deal.

I think you might have read your offer wrong, there aren't actually and band D rooms in the stag hill court.

What exactly did your offer say?
Original post by Dan1909
I think you might have read your offer wrong, there aren't actually and band D rooms in the stag hill court.

What exactly did your offer say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hii :smile: I've gotten D-stag hill, do you mean the university court?
Reply 117
i just got allocated a band D Stag Hill :smile:, was hoping for Manor Park in the beginning but now iv thought about it on Campus sounds much better!
Reply 118
Original post by PurpleComets
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it's a bit confusing in the wording as there's the stag hill campus which is the actual main campus, which has the stag hill court on it.
Reply 119
Original post by PurpleComets
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah iv got the same room. band D stag hill, pretty sure iv read it right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending