Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Okay, so I have a rather pathetic dilemma.

Girls don't like me, simply because of my appearance; without meaning to brag, my personality's pretty good and I have been and can be a caring boyfriend and whatnot. But this is getting ridiculous.

I'm thin, south-east-asian with tanned skin, pretty short black hair, glasses, and albeit a few spots but nothing compared to some more "attractive" people.

So what should I do? It sounds wrong but I'm happy to change my appearance if it's going to make the situation better. So any advice? Obviously I can't change stuff like my skin colour, but things like switching from glasses to contacts and stuff like that...

ReputationRep:
    What makes you so sure its because of your appearance? It could be your personality, body language, any number of things. Perhaps you come across as annoying, awkward, insecure, overly nice, unintentionally rude/creepy, boring, loud, arrogant... It could be anything

(Original post by Guitarded)
    What makes you so sure its because of your appearance? It could be your personality, body language, any number of things.
    Because those things have often been complimented, I have a vast number of friends, and my friends have tried to hook me up a few times, and whenever I talk to a girl she's into me until she sees me.

ReputationRep:
    If you really want to change your appearance then sit down and watch a gok-wan marathon.
    I was made to, I can almost stand clothe shopping with the gf now.

I sort of got the opposite problem.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I sort of got the opposite problem.
    Meaning what, you look too good so too many girls like you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Meaning what, you look too good so too many girls like you?
    I get that all the time!

When I dream.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.