The Student Room Group

I attract the wrong type of girls.

Long story short, I want some advice, I don't think I can ever find the right girl for me, I think the reason is because of my appearance.

I'm actually very good looking and have a pretty good sense of style. I also drive a pretty expensive sports car. In terms of facial features I'm naturally very serious looking, I was told I simply looked cocky (kinda like the natural "bitch face" girls have, but male version.) I have no confidence issues and I'm very social and have a sense of humour.

So I'm the typical douchebag, jock, badboy looking guy. However, I'm not bragging or happy one bit. I'm 21 and I've never had a girlfriend.

I might have success if I actually had the mentality that was typical of these guys, but I do not. I have strong morals and values. I would rather have a long term relationship with a girl than a one night stand which I am not interested in one bit. I also value myself pretty high and won't settle for anything. I also don't smoke, drink (very occasionally), or enjoy partying.

Deep down I'm still that introverted guy. Throughout my teenage years, I've been "molded" into the confident, sarcastic, social guy that I am today by society and those around me. Naturally, I want "good" girls that match my personality but all I'm attracting are girls who sleep around, girls who like to party every weekend, girls with no ambitions or don't share the same views/values/goals as I do.

I am Asian (oriental) if it makes a difference.
Reply 1
Just be yourself. It sounds as if the girls you want are maybe the type of girls YOU need to approach. It sounds like the girls you attract come to you, maybe look at the quieter ones. Try talking to girls where you work or at the gym etc. I know you may be like 'NO WAY' but have you tried a dating site? The girls on there won't be looking to sleep around and it has worked for young people too.
Where do you meet girls? That might have something to do with it. Also, do you ever approachgirls who don't sleep around, girls who don't like to party every weekend, girls with ambitions or share the same views/values/goals ????????????
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

I am Asian (oriental) if it makes a difference.

Kinda makes your previous statements void...

Spoiler

Reply 4
Yes I do, they all seem intimidated and think I'm a player. I don't know if its because I actually do the approaching (which most guys are scared to do), or if it is because I am not scared of rejection, it almost seems like I'm too good at it and I'm not nervous at all. I approach girls in class, at the gym, at my work place sometimes (retail). Eventually, after talking for a while they all joke around, essentially saying I'm a player. "You talk like this to every girl?", "you must party like every weekend", "you must have so many girls", "you just want to sleep with me, I'm not that type of girl", etc etc.

I'm not going to spill my heart out and tell everyone how much of a good boy I am and that they're wrong about me. They either believe me, or they don't. So far, nothing has ever escalated to that level because I'm not going to show my vulnerable side to everyone and none of them believe me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending