The Student Room Group

Friendzoned by the girl I like

So there is this girl who I met last November via a friend. We got along really well and got with each other on nights out in January and I like her. Now though she has friend zoned me and keeps going on about how she has a guy as her "friends with benefits" and how amazing their sex is...
Any advice on how to get her to stop telling me about her sex life without being rude? I really do not need to know that. I don't think she does it to hurt me or anything. Just is a being careless...
Reply 1
Sto talking to her.
go out, get laid and then tell her :wink:
Original post by hasan4life
go out, get laid and then tell her :wink:

easier said than done.
Original post by Anonymous
So there is this girl who I met last November via a friend. We got along really well and got with each other on nights out in January and I like her. Now though she has friend zoned me and keeps going on about how she has a guy as her "friends with benefits" and how amazing their sex is...
Any advice on how to get her to stop telling me about her sex life without being rude? I really do not need to know that. I don't think she does it to hurt me or anything. Just is a being careless...

LMAO You're definitely in the friend zone. She's using you like an emotional tampon because she knows you'll listen to her BS.
Cut off all contact, get some self respect and find another girl.
Reply 5
A moment's silence...

Spoiler

Reply 6
Sorry don't mean to be rude but sounds like she's not the right one for you. So communicate less with her and as the distance increases, hopefully evth will fall in its place with the time and u will find ur lucky girl. Good luck!! thats all i can suggest. :driver:

Just tell her you're glad she's happy but that you'd prefer not to know the details. I'm sure she'll understand.

Unlike most of the people on this thread, I'm not going to tell you immediately to stop talking to her altogether. By all means reduce contact with her if she doesn't take the hint and continues to hurt your feelings, or if you realise that you're only hanging out with her in the hope that she's going to change her mind and go out with you. But don't just ditch her over something that she can easily change without even telling her that it bothers you.
Reply 8
If you really want her, sabotage the friendship between her and the other guy. Like you said, she is telling you all this detail. Use it against her and say something to the other guy.

No, it isn't a nice thing to do, but if you want her you have to get the other guy out of the way before you make your feelings clear to her.
Reply 9
Original post by whatsername2009
Just tell her you're glad she's happy but that you'd prefer not to know the details. I'm sure she'll understand.

Unlike most of the people on this thread, I'm not going to tell you immediately to stop talking to her altogether. By all means reduce contact with her if she doesn't take the hint and continues to hurt your feelings, or if you realise that you're only hanging out with her in the hope that she's going to change her mind and go out with you. But don't just ditch her over something that she can easily change without even telling her that it bothers you.

Agree completely with whatsername. Just tell her that you and she have plenty to talk about without all the 'kiss and tell' details.
Reply 10
Original post by SimpleTom
If you really want her, sabotage the friendship between her and the other guy. Like you said, she is telling you all this detail. Use it against her and say something to the other guy.

No, it isn't a nice thing to do, but if you want her you have to get the other guy out of the way before you make your feelings clear to her.

I don't really think I could do that. Not going to make my feelings clear for now. Am just going to see what happens after reducing contact to be honest.

Original post by Alpharius
A moment's silence...

Spoiler

Yeah I did have my chance. My fault for not taking it... :frown:

Original post by Silver Arrow
LMAO You're definitely in the friend zone. She's using you like an emotional tampon because she knows you'll listen to her BS.
Cut off all contact, get some self respect and find another girl.

Cutting off all contact is not going to be easy. We go to the same uni and I saw her yesterday. We have a lot of mutual friends and often see each other on nights out... But all other communication will be reduced.

Original post by ilem
Sto talking to her.

Will do.

Original post by whatsername2009

I've already hinted at it a few times. Doesn't seem to work. I will work on reducing contact. I will obviously not ditch her because it'll be a bit awkward because we live together (not exactly together but very close) at uni :s-smilie:
Reply 11

I'm guessing she knows you like her (whether she's said this explicitly or not). She's put you in the friend zone, so now you need to put her in the "Bitches who aint ****" zone. Just say to her straight up: "hey [whatever the **** her name is], I dont really give a **** who's face you wave your **** in front of, so would appreciate if you would stop wasting my time what that ****"....obviously in somewhat more eloquent terms though haha. Women are like dogs bro, will respect you more if you're firm and assertive, rather than if you try to be nice and pussyfoot around them. Just be upfront with her, and stop putting her on a pedestal if you have been.

Worst case scenario she doesnt like how you're treating her so she stops talking to you - she wasnt gonna **** you anyway, so who cares. Best case scenario, she starts to see you more as a man and less as a pussy willing to let her walk all over you, and somewhere down the road you may be able to eventually hit it. It's what worked for me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Apparently I was quoted, by there is no quote.

I am confused!
Reply 13

Any advice on how to get her to stop telling me about her sex life without being rude?

Why would you want to spare her feelings? She's being a giant bitch telling you these things while she knows you like her. Tell her you don't want to hear about her sexual experiences unless she's going to reenact them with you. :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eliza.anne
Why would you want to spare her feelings? She's being a giant bitch telling you these things while she knows you like her. Tell her you don't want to hear about her sexual experiences unless she's going to reenact them with you. :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha, classic.
Does she even know you like her?
Original post by PatheticVirgin
easier said than done.

true :wink:
Reply 17
Original post by MAINE.
I'm guessing she knows you like her (whether she's said this explicitly or not). She's put you in the friend zone, so now you need to put her in the "Bitches who aint ****" zone. Just say to her straight up: "hey [whatever the **** her name is], I dont really give a **** who's face you wave your **** in front of, so would appreciate if you would stop wasting my time what that ****"....obviously in somewhat more eloquent terms though haha. Women are like dogs bro, will respect you more if you're firm and assertive, rather than if you try to be nice and pussyfoot around them. Just be upfront with her, and stop putting her on a pedestal if you have been.

Worst case scenario she doesnt like how you're treating her so she stops talking to you - she wasnt gonna **** you anyway, so who cares. Best case scenario, she starts to see you more as a man and less as a pussy willing to let her walk all over you, and somewhere down the road you may be able to eventually hit it. It's what worked for me.

This will be done as well!

Original post by eliza.anne

haha I love the suggestion. Definitely will be said.

Original post by tu_es_jolie_x
Does she even know you like her?

Erm I've hinted at it quite a few times. Also a few of my friends said that it was obvious to be fair. So I'd guess yess
Reply 18
Also I've done a bit of research and it appears that I'm being used as an "Emotional Tampon". http://licensedmentalhealthcounselor.wordpress.com/2012/05/01/are-you-an-emotional-tampon/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending