The Student Room Group

How late is too late?

Long story short, I got an offer at Brighton, but lately i've been thinking it's the wrong choice and I'd like to take a year out first and then apply for a different uni (so I can save money for it and make sure its the right choice).

The thing is to survive a gap year I'd have to get a pretty well paid job. And if I can't, well then.. I'm going to have to go brighton this year (even though i don't want to.. but that's a different story).

So I'm probably going to firm this offer so its there for me to fall back on if I can't find a job.
My question is, how long do I have? I mean, if I find a job, then I don't have to go to brighton anymore. But how late is too late to tell them I'm not going to be attending if i do find a job..?
Hi Alphadawg,

The short answer is as soon as possible! The best time to tell them is before exam results come out, so that the university can offer your place to someone during clearing. You can tell them after this date, but it isn't being as fair to the university as they won't have as much time to find a replacement.

Hope this is of help to you.

Stacey

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending