The Student Room Group

Architectural Association 2013

Hi everyone !
I'm an international applicant and I have been invited for an interview at AA school ! I just wanted to know the impact of the interview on my admission ? Which percentage does the interview takes in the hole admission ? For example : application (certificates & portfolio) : 80% and interview 20% .. (i'm talking about the importance of each step)

Thank you for your time and consideration !!
Reply 1
Hi! :smile:
Even I had a similar question, how would the school assess you? Please help! :smile:

Thank you!
Reply 2
Hi Mvj
During the interview ??
Reply 3
Hi Gartio,
Yeah during the interview... Are you interviewing for the first year?
Reply 4
@mvj
Nope for the foundation course ..
But through from what I've heard they speak with you about your portfolio and your art works and they are really nice with you
Reply 5
Original post by Gartio
@mvj
Nope for the foundation course ..
But through from what I've heard they speak with you about your portfolio and your art works and they are really nice with you

Did you have your interview? How was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
It was good, they are really nice. And they just called me yesterday, I've been accepted. The only problem is my age, they told me that I can begin with them this academic year because I'm under 18 year old .. anyone heard about this thing before ? I will have 18 years old 1 week after the beginning of the course ... so I'm gonna see with them if I can miss one week and catch up or they can just let me integrate this year .. it's just 1 little week...
Reply 7
Hey, is anyone else here gaining admission to the school this September? If so, have you received some form of acknowledgement for mailing them your course admissions form and deposit payment receipt? I'm worried that my documents didn't send through before the 28th June Deadline

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Anyone looking for accommodation: I've got a large and spacious studio room at Unite Woburn Place which is 5 mins walk away from the AA. The location is ideal as it is close to the Russell Square tube station, with a bus stop down the road and has a 24 hour supermarket across the street. Literally within a 2 minute walking distance are over 20 restaurants, a Tesco's and a Waitrose. It's also 5 mins away from Holborn. It's a very safe building with 24 hour security and is quite beautifully designed to be of hotel standards.

It's an accessible studio and is the biggest studio in the building for that price. It's square-shaped instead of the usual rectangular and stuffy student dorms. It has a fully-equipped kitchen, abnormally large bathroom, double bed, desk, flat screen TV, wireless and cable internet...I also purchased closets for the room as there weren't any, and I have left those closets for the next tenant.

Please let me know if you are interested by messaging me or emailing me at [email protected]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending