The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Occupational Therapy at LSBU

Who else has accepted a place on the course - we might as well get to know each other early on :smile: So excited about September!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I might choose LSBU but I haven't firmed it yet. I am not sure of going there (York or LSBU). :/
It is so hard for me to make a choice !
London
Reply 2
Hi have you been accepted on to the MSc or BSc?
Reply 3
I chose LSBU as my firm choice yesterday :-)
Reply 4
Original post by emmi88
I chose LSBU as my firm choice yesterday :-)

That's great news emmi!! :smile: You got there in the end! Is this for the BSc or MSc? What swayed you in the end? x
Reply 5
Original post by deblee
That's great news emmi!! :smile: You got there in the end! Is this for the BSc or MSc? What swayed you in the end? x

Yes finally :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Apologies for starting the thread and then abandoning it - computer issues!! so.. are you all doing the OT BSc this year too? I'm gutted that there hasn't been an open day planned, would have been great to meet each other before september. Most of the people I know who are doing health courses have had course specific taster days for everyone who's accepted an offer. very jealous!

Are you guys from London or moving there from other areas? And are you hoping to get into halls or do you have different plans?
Reply 7
I will be moving from France :smile: Are you already living in London?
I put the 4 residences in an order but I will change it. I am looking for a flatshare aswell. :smile:
lol. we've got two conversations going at once now :smile: I'm living in Leamington in Warwickshire at the moment. Not as far away as France... :smile: I don't know London very well at all, though I know a few people who live there.

I haven't put any effort into looking for flat shares yet - I'm just really hoping I get into halls for the first year.
Reply 9
I'm starting on the MSc in Sept this year. I will be commuting everyday but might consider some sort of flat share if it all gets too much.
I got an email saying that we will enrol on 2nd Sept and start on 9th. Not long now, I'm looking forward to getting started!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I would like to share a flatshare around Elephant and Castle, Southwark, London Bridge.

Have you heard anything about CRB and occupational health?
Reply 11
I had an email on Fri about CRB, bursary, Occy health and term dates for the MSc. I basically said to start applying for the bursary and they will let everyone know about the rest in due course.

I'm going to try commuting to start with and see how I get on. Hall look very reasonably priced and they do offer help with private accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've not had any emails at all, but I'm going to be doing the BSc so it could be a different admin team i guess. I've applied for my bursary but I'm still waiting to hear back. Do you get the same NHS bursary for the MSc then? I'd love to do one I've found in Coventry but hadn't heard that we can get funding for them?! :smile:
Reply 13
I'm not sure if the bursary is the same. The fees are paid and we get a small amount on Top of that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Does the BSc start on 9th Sept too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Yes, we start on the 9th of September. I might have found a property close to Kennington with three rooms.
how much Emmi?
and thanks Alex, good to know :smile:

How do people know when the course starts? Am I missing out on important emails or letters here?
Reply 17
I had an email with the term dates on but that was for the MSc. I don't know if its the same administrator for both courses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Hello Rachel !
Here is the link : http://student.spareroom.co.uk/flats...are_id=2790752
You didn't miss anything because I didn't get any letters or anything. We need to wait more for the BSc I think.
cheers. just realised my nice long reply never got posted - computers really do hate me! lol.
I'm a bit wary of that sort of buddy up system of house sharing because it means all residents are legally responsible for the whole rent. I had a nasty situation a couple of years ago where my flatmate ran out on me and left me with a whole lot of debt for his share of the rent and bills. I'd paid my share but was still responsible for his, as well as having to find somewhere else to live really really quickly. After that I prefer set ups where I pay rent for my own room (inclusive of bills) and the landlord is responsible for filling the other rooms. Means that someone else not paying their rent doesn't become my problem... once bitten, twice shy...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending