The Student Room Group

What do you want to call your kids if you ever have them

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I don't know what world most of you are living in with some of these names.
Reply 181
This thread is just asking for this:

Reply 182
For girls: Katerina, Helena, Ivy, Emma, Arya, Daenerys

For boys: Daemon, Matt, Bran

I guess this is why girls shouldn't have kids when they're so young. We'd just end up naming them after our favorite t.v./ book characters
Reply 183
I quite like the names Nolwenn and Ingrid. They're not really common, but they're not really pretentious and middle class either.
Just went on the thread I made at the start of 2012 and I wrote 2 of the same names but also forgot about

Sofie and Tom

(I really like that spelling of Sophie)
Reply 185
I am so glad my parents named my siblings and me nice, but not try hard names. Some of the names in this thread are absolute shockers and really not impressive :rofl:
Reply 186
Original post by Iron Lady
I am so glad my parents named my siblings and me nice, but not try hard names. Some of the names in this thread are absolute shockers and really not impressive :rofl:

damn i felt for sure your child would be called margaret
Male
Aaron
Aiden
Ethan
Jayden
Jesse
Liam
Logan
Oscar

Female
Alexa
Amy
Chelsea
Emily
Lila
Olivia
Ruby
Violet

Really don't see myself being a father but anyways :tongue:
Sonic and The Hulk. It doesn't matter if it's a girl or a boy.
Reply 189
Original post by Emma122
damn i felt for sure your child would be called margaret

Haha, she will. :redface:
I really like Jessica. I kept slipping it into conversations when my brother's girlfriend was pregnant in the hope that they would call it Jessica. Shame it turned out to be a boy.

I don't know about a boy's name.
Reply 191
Original post by scriggy
I don't know what world most of you are living in with some of these names.

Well you can be a bit more fanciful with names when the children are only hypothetical. People tend to think slightly differently when there is a real child who will have the name.
Reply 192
Original post by zeropoint
Boys:
Michael
William
Mycroft*

Girls:
Catherine
Elizabeth

*my other half has already vetoed this. =/

Is your other half Sherlocked by any chance? :colone:
Girl:
Alisha
Ayesha

Boy:
Yassine
Samir.
Original post by qasidb
Esa - Jesus?
Sitaara - Star?

Yup :smile:
Boys: Alec & Luke Girls: Anastasia or Marissa :redface:
Original post by Willum Infanta
Yay for James :sly:
Bentley, unless really confident and popular would probably be bullied for his name.

Landen sounds like someone from London saying London, the other two are very strange, never heard anyone called that. As for girls Sitaara and Sage are pretty interesting but I thought Julian was a guys name?

Landen was a main character in a book called The Seer and The Sword, and ever since reading the book I was very fond of this name. Edris was actually a guy who went to my school. I really liked the name so I added it to my list. The name is of Arabic origin and actually spelled like Idris. As for Esa it is a Hebrew name meaning 'God is my Salvation'. It is also how Jesus is pronounced in the Quran and I've just loved the sound of it since 4 years ago.

There is actually a filipina in my class right now named Julian and I just love guy names for girls. Sitaara is my # 1 with Julian close behind at #2.
lol at all these white british kids with foreign names. Please, don't ruin every other cultures names.

for me:

Boy
Maximus
Adonis
Aryan

girl
don't care
Reply 198
Boy
Kal El

Not sure about a girls name
Reply 199
If i's a boy, I love the name Daniel. It's my favourite name :smile: Also Rupert haha. For a girl, I like the name Evie, or Alison.

Quick Reply

Latest