The Student Room Group

in a bit of worry

Hi guys,

I am after a bit of advice. I work at a hospital and the car park company is legion group. They have a car park located in town for which I pay money each month and park my car (essentially the staff car park). However, this car park is about 20 mins from the hospital so you park and get a hospital bus back to the hospital from the car park,

There is another car park which is right next to the hospital. However it is much smaller and parking is for patients and a few ''elite'' members of staff from the hospital. Sometimes as a result of traffic I have had to park my car in this car park and I have been given a ticket. I have had 3 of these over the last 3 months. One of the tickets was as there wasn't any space at the usual place so I parked here. I haven't paid them and I got a letter from legion group about a ticket all the way back in March. So my question is should I just ignore it as I am bound to get a few more letters for my other 2 tickets

on the letter I recieved the other day for my first ticket, there is an appeals paragraph, but I just don't know what I would appeal with

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anyone?
Reply 2
head over to

http://www.pepipoo.com/

and post under the forums they will give you an advice

usually if its not from tfl, council or police then its safe to ignore

but post on the forums they will help you out
Something to bear in mind is if the company have linked you as a driver to you as a staff member (e.g. by your staff permit), then they could try and get you to pay by contacting your manager or similar. You may be best talking to someone in charge at the hospital and try and get the tickets cancelled that way.
i thought you can go to court
Reply 5
Original post by rmhumphries
Something to bear in mind is if the company have linked you as a driver to you as a staff member (e.g. by your staff permit), then they could try and get you to pay by contacting your manager or similar. You may be best talking to someone in charge at the hospital and try and get the tickets cancelled that way.

I don't think they would go through my manager as they contacted DVLA to find out about me but I am sure they should have my details as I have a permit for the other car park. What should I say to the manager do you think. Thanks for the input.
Reply 6
If it's a council carpark then pay up.
If it's independent, ignore it completely and any correspondence sent to you.
Reply 7
Original post by JC.
If it's a council carpark then pay up.
If it's independent, ignore it completely and any correspondence sent to you.

it's a private car park that own an nhs trust. I have had 3 though won't that increase my risk of court?
Original post by retirement
I don't think they would go through my manager as they contacted DVLA to find out about me but I am sure they should have my details as I have a permit for the other car park. What should I say to the manager do you think. Thanks for the input.

Explain the situation and why you parked in the car park which you didn't have a permit for, try and get across you had no other choice, and ask for their advice. Hopefully they will say "Oh, contact <this person> and they can get the tickets cancelled", but if they say that you should pay, then ask if it is likely to affect your job if you don't. If it could affect your job, don't take the risk and pay (or try to convince the company to drop the tickets) - if it won't affect your job then ignore / follow guides on the internet about dealing with private parking company tickets.
Reply 9
it's a private car park that own an nhs trust. I have had 3 though won't that increase my risk of court?

So let them take you to court. They'll never take you anyway. It's all empty threats and bluster.
Even if it did go to court and you lost so long as you paid up within 10 days you wouldn't get a CCJ.
Reply 10
Original post by JC.
So let them take you to court. They'll never take you anyway. It's all empty threats and bluster.
Even if it did go to court and you lost so long as you paid up within 10 days you wouldn't get a CCJ.

how much could they try and get off me from court, 3 tickets at £40 each
Reply 11
Explain the situation and why you parked in the car park which you didn't have a permit for, try and get across you had no other choice, and ask for their advice. Hopefully they will say "Oh, contact <this person> and they can get the tickets cancelled", but if they say that you should pay, then ask if it is likely to affect your job if you don't. If it could affect your job, don't take the risk and pay (or try to convince the company to drop the tickets) - if it won't affect your job then ignore / follow guides on the internet about dealing with private parking company tickets.

thanks. I don't really understand how it could affect my work though, surely I couldn't get sacked:confused:
thanks. I don't really understand how it could affect my work though, surely I couldn't get sacked:confused:

This depends entirely upon your contract and any disciplinary procedures. I know at my uni, then if any students get a parking ticket (which they confirm the person is a student by matching name/address against student records), then they can prevent the student from graduating until the ticket is paid or cancelled. I would imagine that you wouldn't get sacked, however you could get told you have to pay the ticket price + extra admin fees.
Reply 13
This depends entirely upon your contract and any disciplinary procedures. I know at my uni, then if any students get a parking ticket (which they confirm the person is a student by matching name/address against student records), then they can prevent the student from graduating until the ticket is paid or cancelled. I would imagine that you wouldn't get sacked, however you could get told you have to pay the ticket price + extra admin fees.

yeah you may be right. They got my details from DVLA though?
yeah you may be right. They got my details from DVLA though?

Usually so, yes. Depends how clever the person who issued the ticket was (if they have taken a picture of your permit, then they *could* get your details through that instead).
Reply 15
Usually so, yes. Depends how clever the person who issued the ticket was (if they have taken a picture of your permit, then they *could* get your details through that instead).

my permit had fallen off a month before so that's why DVLA must have been contacted
Reply 16
Op, did you do as i suggested?

do you have the fines/invoices? keep all the letters etc

they need to prove you was a driver of the vehicle but you can deny this (if you weren't the driver) and you do not need to name someone else as a driver they need to have proof of who it was
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Prolite

they need to prove you was a driver of the vehicle but you can deny this (if you weren't the driver) and you do not need to name someone else as a driver they need to have proof of who it was

No they doubt - if they wish to go to court, the registered keeper can be held responsible since October last year.
Reply 18
No they doubt - if they wish to go to court, the registered keeper can be held responsible since October last year.

forgot about the rule change :smile: you got me though:eek::colondollar:
Reply 19
Original post by Prolite

i did but to mixed reactions. My only worry is I have accumulated 3 tickets otherwise I would happily ignore.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending