The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

five or six sounds about right, but also depends how quickly you drink it as well. I drink Real ale ciders, 7.2% Three oh them can cripple me lol. lovely tho
Original post by Longshot700
So i'm going to my 2nd party to get drunk for the first time since the first one i messed up a bit.

I hate the taste of beer, but i really like cider. I'm bringing some ciders to this party.

I bought some Strongbow original big cans, 5% alcohol.

How many ciders does it take to get drunk, cos at this party you have to get drunk or go.

1 litre of the cheap corner shop "white-<whatever>" will be a noticeable buzz, 2 litres will be significantly drunk, 3 will be a guaranteed disaster. Cans of strongbow you can probably get away with 5-7 before things start to get bad.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tom78
Aye, but you soon reach a stage where you know your limits. I go out often now and down a fair few drinks and never really get hammered, tipsy is a good stage.

I always seem to be able to count my units even when I'm plastered, I'll think like 'I'll have another drink' then realise 'wait, I have had 18 units in the past 3 hours, I'll leave it a bit'. It's like a safeguard. I love being able to measure the almost unmeasurable like this. When I went to uni everybody initially thought I was weird for using units, until eventually I heard them say stuff like 'I was smashed last night, think I was around 18 units'...
Reply 43
Strongbow :facepalm2:
That **** is disgusting, might as well get 2L frosty jacks while you're at it.

2 litres should about do it, if you're feeling sick drink water.
a sip in a room full of glue
Reply 45
About 10 for me, Id never buy it though.
All the ciders!

This probably wasn't the best place to ask for advise, people here don't seem to get the point of getting smashed...
Reply 47
Personally, about 6 cans of Strongbow for me, maybe less if I had been drinking something else before hand. Cheapo Frosty Jacks gets me drunk after about half the bottle!
Scrumpy Jack's is a heavy cider.
It takes me 6 to get to the point where im happy, sociable and relaxed.

Ive been out drinking about 5 times, im 16 almost 17.

The first time i ever got drunk i had 7 cans of strongbow lol needless to say it was too much and i puked and passed out.

Woke in the morning with puke in my hair :frown:
Reply 50
i have only just started drinking about 4 months ago and i drink strong bow most of the time the most i have drank is 3 cans and that only gets me slightly tipsy! I'm not a light weight or a heavy weight im in the middle so 5 cans is probably bit to far for me.

also i'm 13.
Take 20, drink them all and get seriously ****ed up! That's the way to live life, **** the haters, party till you dieeeee!
Reply 52
5 or 6
This thread just showed that the English really aren't heavy drinkers at all
This thread has also shown that people really don't pay much attention to when the OP was made.
Original post by Drunk Punx
This thread has also shown that people really don't pay much attention to when the OP was made.

I'm OP, was looking for this.
Original post by Longshot700
I'm OP, was looking for this.

You didn't revive it though :wink:

So... how many ciders did it take?
I would've gone for a Rekorderlig myself, they're more flavoursome than typical Strongbow-esque ciders IMO.
Original post by Big dick Greg
Take 20, drink them all and get seriously ****ed up! That's the way to live life, **** the haters, party till you dieeeee!

Original post by TARS
5 or 6

Original post by Zander01
This thread just showed that the English really aren't heavy drinkers at all

Guys! This was 2 years ago I asked this question xD.

When I went to that party I mentioned when I made this thread, I drank too much and got carried to the hosts sisters bed and put in the recovery position, I ended up throwing up all over it and passed out. Been trying to forget it ever since but my friends keep teasing me about it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Drunk Punx
You didn't revive it though :wink:

So... how many ciders did it take?
I would've gone for a Rekorderlig myself, they're more flavoursome than typical Strongbow-esque ciders IMO.

Can't even remember how many ciders I drank, read the post I just replied to all the just recent answers.
Original post by spocckka
There are some absolute social retards on this site...

Omg I so was lol.

Latest