The Student Room Group

No.10 rocked by secret love affair: 'Stunned' PM holds crisis talks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2334483/No-10-rocked-secret-love-affair-Stunned-PM-holds-crisis-talks-fears-tryst-blow-political-agenda-water.html

'If the affair is revealed, it is likely to cause as much public surprise as the disclosure of the relationship between John Major and Edwina Currie'

The Mail have done some interesting journalism for once!

I can think of two people in the government who seem to be very friendly, but I wouldn't like to say who they are. I assume I'm wrong though, Guido Fawkes who knows, but isn't allowed to say either just said 'The names of the couple are so shocking that surprisingly Twitter hasn't guessed who. Yet.'

If the identities are never going to be revealed the PM has a big problem, doesn't he? It's unrealistic to expect them both to carry on working so closely together, and with so many others within the government knowing it would be a huge distraction. The alternative would be to relieve them if their duties, but that would just give away their identities.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't care what politicians do in their private lives as long as it doesn't affect what they do/they haven't been hypocritical. The same goes for footballers, celebrities etc.
Reply 2
Why all the secrecy when it is okay for married coupl3es to work together, Ed Balls and Yvette Cooper?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by sorafdfs
I don't care what politicians do in their private lives as long as it doesn't affect what they do/they haven't been hypocritical. The same goes for footballers, celebrities etc.

I thought that too, but it has to affect their work in some regard, and the work of others, if they are still working in government together.
Reply 4
Original post by SpiggyTopes
I thought that too, but it has to affect their work in some regard, and the work of others, if they are still working in government together.

Does it?

They're grown adults. Let them deal with it. Currie and Major had an affair with one another when they were both prominent members of the Government, didn't do either of them any harm.
Reply 5
Ian Duncan Smith and Michael Portillo. Haha
Reply 6
This is where we find out that May and Hammond have a love child.

I don't give a rats and do not think anybody should be removed from their post, frankly it's not that important.
I was trying to read the daily mail article (which was linked to me through reddit of course) and I couldn't make sense of the story, but it turns out it was John Major? Who cares, I thought it was someone current like Cameron or his wife but it's someone from ages ago.
The problem with speculating here is that I sensibly cannot imagine any two figures not now in the cabinet whose love affair would 'prompt crisis talks' or 'potentially threaten the government'.
Reply 9
Original post by cambio wechsel
The problem with speculating here is that I sensibly cannot imagine any two figures not now in the cabinet whose love affair would 'prompt crisis talks' or 'potentially threaten the government'.

Of course we are all assuming the relationship is between male and female mp's?
Reply 10
Original post by Stephj42
Of course we are all assuming the relationship is between male and female mp's?

I read (I think on GuidoFawkes) that the relationship was between a man and a woman, so three's no chance that it's Osborne and Pickles.
Reply 11
It's obviously Cameron and Clegg.
Reply 12
Why is everyone obsessing with this when there's a far more serious story about MPs and Lords using their position to gain access for private companies?
I think it was Jimmy Saville's willy and John Major's bottom who had an affair.
Reply 14
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2334483/No-10-rocked-secret-love-affair-Stunned-PM-holds-crisis-talks-fears-tryst-blow-political-agenda-water.html

'If the affair is revealed, it is likely to cause as much public surprise as the disclosure of the relationship between John Major and Edwina Currie'

The Mail have done some interesting journalism for once!

I can think of two people in the government who seem to be very friendly, but I wouldn't like to say who they are. I assume I'm wrong though, Guido Fawkes who knows, but isn't allowed to say either just said 'The names of the couple are so shocking that surprisingly Twitter hasn't guessed who. Yet.'

If the identities are never going to be revealed the PM has a big problem, doesn't he? It's unrealistic to expect them both to carry on working so closely together, and with so many others within the government knowing it would be a huge distraction. The alternative would be to relieve them if their duties, but that would just give away their identities.

i think it is Boris & Denis Skinner

I doubt it, to be honest.

If people care about this, it certainly isn't because "this might be affecting the politicians' work", it would just be out of a kind of nosy curiosity.
Why is this a big 'issue'? And in what ways would it affect their work?
(edited 10 years ago)
Eric Pickles and salad.
Original post by Rakas21
This is where we find out that May and Hammond have a love child.

I don't give a rats and do not think anybody should be removed from their post, frankly it's not that important.

james may and richard hammond off top gear?
i always thought may swung that way
Reply 19
Original post by g_star_raw_1989
Eric Pickles and salad.

That's a bit cruel, I love Eric Pickles, one best of the best members of the Cabinet by my reckoning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending