The Student Room Group

UCAS and declaring retakes

I didn't do as well as I| hoped in the jan exams so ive had to retake a few modules - do we have to email UCAS and our universities that we are retaking them?
UCAS will be informed of your final A level grade in August, and this is what is passed on to the Universities. Unless your retakes mean you wont have a final grade in August, or 'your' Unis have a specific policy on partial-retakes then this shouldnt be an issue - but I suggest you do phone/email each one to make absolutely certain rather than guess or assume.
personally, i did email UCAS and my two universities about my resits. all UCAS do is put it onto your application form as well as the unis. i think it is so the results you get in August can be entered in... i am not sure. i would do it just to be on the safe side!
http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/offers/makingchanges
UCAS
Changes in exams and course arrangements

You must write to us immediately if your exam subjects, modules or units, awarding or examining board, centre number or any other details change. You must also tell the universities or colleges where you have offers or those that are still considering your application.

Universities or colleges usually base their conditional offers on your exam details. If your details change, they may change their offers or decisions.

If a university or college cannot confirm your exam results because they do not have enough information, they may not be able to offer you a place. Please tell us and the university or college immediately if anything changes.

UCAS get your modules and overall grades from the exam boards and have to match that to the "Pending" grades on your application. If grades come through and the modules/overall grades aren't listed as "Pending" then UCAS can't match them and it can cause a bunch of delays on results week.

Although universities CAN amend or withdraw an offer if you change the modules/exams that you're taking...they generally WONT (in fact the only cases I've known of are where students dropped 4th/5th A levels/EPQs that had been taken into account when making a slightly lower offer (ie people taking Further Maths get a BBB offer but without FM the offer is ABB - drop FM even if it's your 4th/5th A level and your offer gets changed upwards)).
Reply 4
my exam admissions tutor said to put them down as i am sitting them in June 2013 for 'just in case' do ucas get every grade for every single module you sat and when you sat them or just the ones that are cashed in for your overall grade?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending