The Student Room Group

Working in a nightclub

I was wondering what exactly "promotions staff" do? Does anyone have experience of it?
You usually have to be 'in' with the girls who do it. They'll usually have met eachother or been invited by another girl. You usually need to be good looking. All you do is stand around in T-shirts, low cut tops making the place look good, they'll occasionally make you do some promoting like handing out free drinks vouchers if they sign up to the club's FB page or something.

You get paid a lot to do it for very few hours' work.

Bottom line, you need to be good looking and know the people who currently do it.

Unless you're on about flyering or selling tickets, which in any case is easy and you just apply and get a job, your earnings depend on how hard you work and it can be time consuming and non-rewarding depending on how popular you are or how many people know your name and want to buy for events.
Reply 2
Original post by Makebelieve15
You usually have to be 'in' with the girls who do it. They'll usually have met eachother or been invited by another girl. You usually need to be good looking. All you do is stand around in T-shirts, low cut tops making the place look good, they'll occasionally make you do some promoting like handing out free drinks vouchers if they sign up to the club's FB page or something.

You get paid a lot to do it for very few hours' work.

Bottom line, you need to be good looking and know the people who currently do it.

Unless you're on about flyering or selling tickets, which in any case is easy and you just apply and get a job, your earnings depend on how hard you work and it can be time consuming and non-rewarding depending on how popular you are or how many people know your name and want to buy for events.

Thanks for the quick reply! I applied to join the promotions team and have an interview next week. There isn't a specific job role, it just says the usual "are you outgoing and confident?" stuff. I'm hoping it's not just flyering. I've done that before and it was not the most fun job I've ever had...
Original post by lzbthx
Thanks for the quick reply! I applied to join the promotions team and have an interview next week. There isn't a specific job role, it just says the usual "are you outgoing and confident?" stuff. I'm hoping it's not just flyering. I've done that before and it was not the most fun job I've ever had...

Good luck, promoting sounds like standing outside venues and encouraging people to go to the club, or promoting on campus...ie flyering. Anyhow, good luck, job is a job.
Reply 4
You also need like over 1000 friends on facebook... so you can promote online as well.
Reply 5
For anyone who was interested in club work.. I had my interview and was actually offered a trial shift as a door hostess. The promotions team stand outside and give out flyers/ try and get people to come into the club. The door hostess take the people who have VIP entry or booths to their areas and introduce them to their waiter/waitress

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending