The Student Room Group

would you date someone of another nationality?

i'm an international student studying in the UK and it so happens that i fall in love with an english guy:tongue:
he seems interested in me but i'm not sure cuz it's different to how guys behave in my country, i think.
basically, the question is do i stand a chance and whether i should give it a try?:biggrin:

P.S. i will try no matter what the answers would be but i just want to make sure that it is worth trying (aka no things to avoid etc)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it would be difficult because of how far away they would be during the holidays but I would probably go for it and try.
Reply 2
I don't see how being a certain nationality could stop two people being in love, I say go for it! :smile:
Reply 3
Engaged to one, and emigrated to his country to be with him.
I would certainly. It would always be in the back of my head that they might want to permanantly go back home though :/
Borders shouldn't stop love :biggrin: Sounds like a line from a future romance :ahee:
Reply 6
Yep, I think it would be cool to live another "life" (if you know what I mean)..... new experiences and all that.
I have literally no idea why nationality would be a problem (with the exception of logistical problems, if they still live predominantly in a country in which I don't spend much time in :tongue: but then again, that might be a problem with two people from other sides of the same country, so I maintain that nationality is irrelevant).
Reply 8
Yes because I have a thing for white girls and they come in many nationalities. They never go for Oriental guys though. :sad:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Mr Smurf
Yes because I have a thing for white girls and they come in many nationalities. They never go for Oriental guys though. :sad:

stop spewing this rubbish. It's so annoying and repetitive.

White girls do go for oriental guys. They just don't go for you.
Reply 10
Original post by Tai Ga
stop spewing this rubbish. It's so annoying and repetitive.

White girls do go for oriental guys. They just don't go for you.

Because you see loads of those couples don't you? :rolleyes:
Reply 11
Because you see loads of those couples don't you? :rolleyes:

yeah I do.

It's just you mate.
Reply 12
thanks guys, it's just this thought has been a burden for me for a while.
i'm 50% russian and I look like russian and the thing is that i've read that not all english guys see russian girls right. i mean, some have a stereotypical view of them..
Original post by HogwartsOwl
i'm an international student studying in the UK and it so happens that i fall in love with an english guy:tongue:
he seems interested in me but i'm not sure cuz it's different to how guys behave in my country, i think.
basically, the question is do i stand a chance and whether i should give it a try?:biggrin:

P.S. i will try no matter what the answers would be but i just want to make sure that it is worth trying (aka no things to avoid etc)

Are you dating a person or a country ?
Answer yourself and you have your answer :wink:
Reply 14
Original post by Tai Ga
yeah I do.

It's just you mate.

Just me that never sees such couples? :K:

Sorry Mr S but, hahahaha, had to laugh because I seen you going on about this too much for your own good, you mad bout the white meat huh? What's the dealy yo? I have seen an oriental guy with a white girl and the first thing I thought of was you:tongue: Maybe we should document these occurrences so you'll believe. Hope you are actually trying to get the white girl rather than just hoping, good luck. It does happen but you'll have to work hard at it son. And I hope you not passing up opportunities with other nationalities, because there are many pedestal bitch in UK not sure about rest of world though, if you end up with one of those then I feel for ya bro. But you'll be the type of mug putting the girl on the pedestal no doubt:rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Be soon go for it before he ends up with another chick
If I liked that girl then why not? :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by King31
Be soon go for it before he ends up with another chick

haha i hope it would be me:biggrin:
Original post by EloiseStar
I would certainly. It would always be in the back of my head that they might want to permanantly go back home though :/

This would be my concern too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending