The Student Room Group

University Mitigation for epilepsy

Hiya,
I was diagnosed with epilepsy 3years ago and they still havent sorted my medication out so i still have seizures frequently. I've just finished my 2nd year of uni and havent even thought about getting mitigation till now and have been told i will easily get it. Does anyone have mitigation for their epilepsy at uni and what kind? x
Reply 1
You can go to your University Disability Support department. Epilepsy is specifically named in the Disability Discriminations Act, therefore you are eligible for support from the University.

Going to Uni with unstable Epilepsy is very, very brave, well done for sticking at it.

Mitigating circumstances are more to do with deadlines and examinations and projects, where circumstances you can't predict have affected your performance, preparation, or grades.

Speak to your Uni first - if you aren't sure who to chat to then email your personal tutor in the first instance and they will get you in touch with the correct people. You need to apply for Disabled Student Assistance soon, and they will assess your medical situation, you shall need medical evidence from your GP/Neurologist on your condition, but all that will be explained to you in simple terms.

:smile:
Reply 2
Thank you, i'll do that, just wish i'd thought of it all sooner x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending