The Student Room Group

Personal statement suited to both History and Russian AND Economics and Russian

I'm hoping to apply to:

UCL: Russian and History
Nottingham: Economics with Russian
Nottingham: History and Russian
Leeds: Economics and Russian
Sheffield: Economics and Russian

I'm completely stuck on how to write a personal statement that is applicable to all these subjects so any help would be greatly appreciated! My AS subjects are Maths, Economics, History, Physics and RE. I took Russian this year as a GCSE.

Thanks!
The general advice is: don't. You need to show a deep level of interest in the subject you're applying for in your PS, and failing to do so is like to lead to the word 'unsuccessful' showing up on Track. For some subjects, it's possible to cover things that apply to both (e.g. politics and international relations), but history and economics are too different for that to be feasible.

You're going to have to choose sooner or later, so I would suggest that you should choose now so that you increase your chances of getting an offer.
Original post by Origami Bullets
The general advice is: don't. You need to show a deep level of interest in the subject you're applying for in your PS, and failing to do so is like to lead to the word 'unsuccessful' showing up on Track. For some subjects, it's possible to cover things that apply to both (e.g. politics and international relations), but history and economics are too different for that to be feasible.

You're going to have to choose sooner or later, so I would suggest that you should choose now so that you increase your chances of getting an offer.

I came on here to say this and found you've beaten me to it, but no matter, because whenever I see your hedgehog line, it makes me laugh, so not a wasted visit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending