The Student Room Group

Stomach problems on Nexplanon

I had my Nexplanon implant fitted on 07.06.13 and for the first week I was also put on the mini pill. I haven't had many side effects (not nearly as many as I had on the combined pill!) however since having the implant fitted my stomach has been playing up.
Usually my stomach bloats and becomes very uncomfortable after eating and I have a lot of gas. I've tried cutting out certain foods and caffeine and carbonated drinks do make it worse. I've searched over the internet and the symptoms are very similar to IBS. I was just wondering if Nexplanon is the cause of these symptoms. I had a 7 day period from the 21st and during this the symptoms practically stopped and I could eat without any pain or bloating after.
I have been very worried of it possibly being pregnancy but I took a test last week that came back VERY negative.
I will be going to the doctors quite soon if this all carries on because it's driving me insane. I just want to know if these are all normal side effects or if anyone else has experienced this.
Reply 1
This is really common because of the levels of progesterone in the implant, it just means you're fairly sensitive to it and it might not be the best option for you.
Reply 2
Thanks, I'm a bit of a worrier and since reading your reply I've felt a lot more at ease, I've barely noticed my stomach being a problem today so I'm starting to think it's partly anxiety and stress causing it. thank you! :smile:
Hi, ive had stomach pain, bloated, pain like i need to eat, pain like i have picked up a bug of some sort. Pain in my left lower stomach and back pain. I didnt even think it was a side effect of the implant but after googling i really feel like it could be the cause. I am also feeling very anxiety and very tired all day. Had blood tests bloods are all fine. Seriously considering having implant removed. I have only had it in 4 weeks. But in the up side i have only spotted once
Oh my ! I’ve only just come across this post but... I’m coming up to two years using the nexplanon. After 4 months of having the implant I was diagnosed with gluten intolerance and later the diagnosis was changed to ibs. So I’m so glad I’m not the only one feeling like it might be connected !! Should I get it removed?
I randomly came across this post this morning not knowing these symptoms were possibly caused because of Nexplanon. I’ve been experiencing this and many other issues the past year. I’m making an appointment today to get mine removed and look at our birth control options. Good luck to you all xx
Original post by Anonymous
I had my Nexplanon implant fitted on 07.06.13 and for the first week I was also put on the mini pill. I haven't had many side effects (not nearly as many as I had on the combined pill!) however since having the implant fitted my stomach has been playing up.
Usually my stomach bloats and becomes very uncomfortable after eating and I have a lot of gas. I've tried cutting out certain foods and caffeine and carbonated drinks do make it worse. I've searched over the internet and the symptoms are very similar to IBS. I was just wondering if Nexplanon is the cause of these symptoms. I had a 7 day period from the 21st and during this the symptoms practically stopped and I could eat without any pain or bloating after.
I have been very worried of it possibly being pregnancy but I took a test last week that came back VERY negative.
I will be going to the doctors quite soon if this all carries on because it's driving me insane. I just want to know if these are all normal side effects or if anyone else has experienced this.

I went nexplanon and after a few months I was diagnosed with acidity problem and then ibs but I know it’s neither and I just came upon this thread. I wanted to know if your symptoms went away after you took it out? Please let me know
Hey, I hope you’re well and good now. I wanted to know if your symptoms went away after taking the nexplanon out ?

Quick Reply

Latest