Original post by propagation
Hi,

Would I be considered.

I have:
A-level:
1UMS of a B for Biology.
a C in Classics.
A in my Exetended Project

A* equiv with Chemistry AS (283/300 Points)

Thanks

Hi there - I am not part of the hotline team so I am afraid I can not advise as to whether or not you would be offered a place - but I suggest you call our Hotline on 0844 842 9599 to have a chat with them!
Good luck
Kerrie
Original post by Kingston University
Hi there - I am not part of the hotline team so I am afraid I can not advise as to whether or not you would be offered a place - but I suggest you call our Hotline on 0844 842 9599 to have a chat with them!
Good luck
Kerrie

Many thanks
i got DDCC for my AS results, absolutely gutted and upset but i can't change that and I really want to study Pharmacy and i'm still set on it. but i got D's in Biology and Chemistry - C's in Maths and English Literature. I've dropped English Literature and I want to be predicted B's for the other three because i know i am capable of getting that or more! is it still possible for me, and what uni's would i be able to apply to with these grades?
Reply 83
Original post by trancyable
hi guys! i am going to stay one more year at college to finish my chemistry a - level and i wish to apply pharmacy at portsmouth uni and bath. today i got my as&alevel results, they are listed below.

A2 chinese B
A2 math C (few marks from B)
A2 physics D (few marks from C)
and AS chemistry C (few marks from a B!)

it didn't fill my expectation at all. i am usually a grade A student for math and B student for chem, and chinese is my first language!!! have no idea what has happened!!! i am going to return to college this year anyway and consider doing AS bio and ICT along with my A2 chemistry, so i can improve them definitely! and i believe i can achieve much better! the problem is is there any chance these two uni will give me an offer??? i am reallyyyyyy worried about this!

any thoughts guys?!!! please help me! many thx! :colondollar:

As far as I know, Bath will just ignore your chinese a level. Try to get at least AAB as your predicted grades, otherwise, I doubt you will get an interview from Bath
Reply 84
Original post by RnTf
As far as I know, Bath will just ignore your chinese a level. Try to get at least AAB as your predicted grades, otherwise, I doubt you will get an interview from Bath

Thank you very much. My teachers predicted quite high grades for me so I think I would be okay. But those A2 results... because they have already achieved, would that be all right???
Reply 85
Original post by trancyable
Thank you very much. My teachers predicted quite high grades for me so I think I would be okay. But those A2 results... because they have already achieved, would that be all right???

They may give you a higher offer, eg AAA
BTW, the requiremnt of pharmacy is chemistry + another science/maths, that means you must resit both a2 maths and a2 physics next year
as your a2 chinese is going to be ignored, if you are just doing a2 chem + as bio + as ict nexy year, at the end, you only have 3 A2s + 2AS, (phy+maths+ chem)
because you only got a C and a D in maths and physics respectively, that means you will never meet your offer, hence you must reist your maths and physics :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by yasminmohamed
i got DDCC for my AS results, absolutely gutted and upset but i can't change that and I really want to study Pharmacy and i'm still set on it. but i got D's in Biology and Chemistry - C's in Maths and English Literature. I've dropped English Literature and I want to be predicted B's for the other three because i know i am capable of getting that or more! is it still possible for me, and what uni's would i be able to apply to with these grades?

Hi,

You would need predictions of ABB. If it's ok can you show me your unit points and grade so i can help you further with advice as there are to different routes I am thinking of, just I need some more info please.

Thanks
Reply 87
Original post by RnTf
They may give you a higher offer, eg AAA
BTW, the requiremnt of pharmacy is chemistry + another science/maths, that means you must resit both a2 maths and a2 physics next year
as your a2 chinese is going to be ignored, if you are just doing a2 chem + as bio + as ict nexy year, at the end, you only have 3 A2s + 2AS, (phy+maths+ chem)
because you only got a C and a D in maths and physics respectively, that means you will never meet your offer, hence you must reist your maths and physics :smile:

Yes I will definitely resit some modules of both physics and math next year along my study, I think my teacher would let me resit them without studying them as a single subject again. :smile:
And sorry one more question might be seemed silly, hope that won't bother you:h:...should I try to explain my unpleasant results to universities at personal statement?
Thanks.
Hi everyone,
I'm a potential pharmacy applicant for 2014 entry. My summer exam results were :
- A2 Psychology : B
- AS Chemistry : B
- AS Maths : B
- AS Accounting : D

As you can see, I've finished my A-level psychology with a grade B secured. Looking to take the other 3 to A2 level in September. However, can someone recommend any good pharmacy schools with suitable entry requirements / what predicted grades would I need in order to be invited for interview? Probably likely to get predicted ABB (maybe AAB if I pester my teachers!)
Reply 89
Hey guys, this is going to be a long essay btw
I started this thread and it's funny how my expectations from when I started this thread is completely different to now.
So anyway, my AS results were CRAP! They were just poor appalling. I got a U in chem, maths and physics and C in psychology. To say I'm disappointed in myself is an understatement. I've just been thinking really hard these pasts couple of days what I want to do with my life. I think I've come to the decision that maybe science isn't the right path for me. I was getting low grades throughout the year so maybe this shouldn't has come has a shock to me but I was absolutely devastated.

I've sat down with my mum and thought about this and I think in September, I'm gonna choose completely different subject to see what I actually want to do with my life and what direction I'm going. My tutor told me a couple of months ago that maybe these subjects weren't the right ones for me since I wasn't doing very well in them even though I was trying my hardest. I was at the library every day just working hard. I even started getting decent grades towards exam period in my mocks, I got an A in one of my maths papers so I really don't know what happened.

Any advice guys?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hi!
I'm thinking about doing pharmacy and I want to apply to KCL, Bath, UCL, Nottingham and Hertfordshire. I just wanted to know if this is a good combination of universities..
Also, I got my AS results last week and I got:
A - Biology
A - Maths
B- Chemistry
C - Physics (dropping)
I got a B in chemistry because I did terribly in one exam.. If I resit that exam will the unis hold that against me??
I'd appreciate any advice.. Thanks!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by IHeartMetalGirl
Hi!
I'm thinking about doing pharmacy and I want to apply to KCL, Bath, UCL, Nottingham and Hertfordshire. I just wanted to know if this is a good combination of universities..
Also, I got my AS results last week and I got:
A - Biology
A - Maths
B- Chemistry
C - Physics (dropping)
I got a B in chemistry because I did terribly in one exam.. If I resit that exam will the unis hold that against me??
I'd appreciate any advice.. Thanks!!

I think they are all decent choices ..since your grades are pretty good,,,

Nottingham and Bath might require you to achieve AAB (you can choose one of the two as a firm offer )

UCL and KCL as the insurance (backup choice) they might require slightly lower grades of ABB

Hertfordshire would be in the clearing so even BBB should be enough

My advice is work hard in your A-level and try to get some pharmacy experience before application
Original post by James A
I'm pretty sure you need to do Chemistry A-Level, which is the entry requirement for the Pharmacy course. I'm not 100% sure about whether this applies to the foundation year as well!

yep your right. but the foundation year doesn't require no sciences therefore i haven't taken chemistry. But im re-doing year 12 with a fresh start so will be picking it up
Reply 93
Hi guys,

i got results back the other day and I was really disappointed to get all C's in maths, bio, chem and history which I'll be dropping next year. I really want to study pharmacy but are my grades way to low to be able to apply to the likes if reading/UEA/ Nottingham, however in maths and chem I was only a couple of ums away from a B and I'm retaking a couple ESP. Maths which ill know ill get and A overall.i know I can do better esp. Is chem and maths Isit still possible for me to get predicted ABB/AAB my school is pretty ****ty and I'm considering taking up the EPQ to get my entry requirement lowered since i was told that, or is that a bad idea and advice would be great thanks.
Hey i'm new to this, just getting used to it:smile: so i got my AS results and i didnt do great i got bccc in maths chem bio and psych (which i'm dropping) i'm most likely to be predicted BBB/ABB hopefully i wanted to know the universities i can apply to in which i have the best chance of getting in and if i should bother applying to good universities such as Manchester which was initially my first choice
im a 3rd year student, i got 3As in AS in biology, chemistry and maths.
will i have a chance to get into nottingham? please reply :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
hey i just wanted some advice, i am just starting my second year in sixth form and have got pretty disappointing results AABC with the C being in chemistry A in Maths and german and B in biology ( 3 ums marks of an A), i was just wondering if i resit and hopefully get the C to an A by the summer what are the chances of being accpted by Cardiff Uni for pharmacy and also what do i need to increase my chances of being accepted and what to include in my personal statement to make it better. Any help would be much appreciated.
Original post by nad96
hey i just wanted some advice, i am just starting my second year in sixth form and have got pretty disappointing results AABC with the C being in chemistry A in Maths and german and B in biology ( 3 ums marks of an A), i was just wondering if i resit and hopefully get the C to an A by the summer what are the chances of being accpted by Cardiff Uni for pharmacy and also what do i need to increase my chances of being accepted and what to include in my personal statement to make it better. Any help would be much appreciated.

You need to get predicted AAB to stand a very good chance of getting an interview at Cardiff. The same goes for the other School's of Pharmacy that have AAB as their entry requirement.
Is De Montfort pharmacy school on level with Bradford school of pharmacy academically? Or is one better than the other
So, all 2014 pharmacy applicants, what universities is everyone interested in applying to? We could use this post as a discussion about universities/grades/personal statement help and anything else we can help each other out on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending