The Student Room Group

What have bad relationships taught you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Bad relationships have taught me to not let anyone in or get too close.
Trust your instincts.
And don't take any ****. Bite back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never go out with someone who doesn't like hugs. :sad:

Seriously, don't go out with someone who is cold. As sexy as it may seem as first: warm caring guys > cold distant guys ALWAYS.

:jumphug:
(edited 10 years ago)
If you don't feel like your feeling are being considered, bail. Nothing's gonna change and just its gonna end up ripping your heart out.
1) My gut instinct is usually right don't pretend its not happening deal with it
2) take no ****, im most likely to fussy now but if a guy want to go out clubbing flirting with girls or eyes up a girl while he's with me that's all very well but he will no longer be my boyfriend
3) I should feel happy more than I feel sad in a relationship
Reply 25
I am with the rest on this.

If your gut says something isn't right, its probably got it right.
Caring for someone who only thinks about themselves is a waste of time. As is telling them you care.
Its always worth remembering, you broke up for a reason, stop looking back with rose tinted glasses.
Reply 26
I've learned that no matter how brutally someone breaks your heart, you can and will move on in time. What doesn't kill you really does make stronger.
Reply 27
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
Never go out with someone who doesn't like hugs. :sad:

Seriously, don't go out with someone who is cold. As sexy as it may seem as first: warm caring guys > cold distant guys ALWAYS.

:jumphug:

Where do I stand in your books, I seem and act very cold (i've been told this) but I really do love hugs and general affection?
Reply 28
If he seems like bad news, he probably is.

No matter how fun/attractive/thrilling that feels at first, it's going to f*ck you over eventually, and you're going to regret every second. Don't bother.

Also, never trust someone who hasn't even figured out what they want. If he's too impulsive and indecisive to sort himself out, you won't be able to hang onto him for long.
Original post by Capn cas
Where do I stand in your books, I seem and act very cold (i've been told this) but I really do love hugs and general affection?

My partner seems cold and hates hugs too, but certainly not when it comes with me. So long as you're not a douche to others and you can be 'warm' around your partner, it shouldn't be a problem :tongue:
Being scared at the beginning (not just nervous, legitimately scared) does not mean that you're a defective weirdo who can never have relationships. If you've had bad experiences with guys in the past, you need to get past it because only a minority of guys are like that. And listen to your heart. (I panicked and nearly said no when the guy I'm currently dating asked me out, but I knew in my heart that I was making a mistake so managed to salvage it :smile:)
Reply 31
Don't tell someone how you feel about them unless you're certain that those feelings are returned. I learned that the hard way...
Reply 32
Original post by Kittiara
Always have your own life, and your own things to do. Don't become too dependent on your partner. Yes, it's nice to have someone, and it's fun to do things together, but you've still got to have your own goals, and your own friends, and have things you enjoy outside of your relationship. You don't want to isolate yourself and have your life revolve around that one person, and your dreams solely revolve around them. It's not healthy.

Completely agree with this!

Original post by AsBigAsBane
If they cheat on you numerous times, it's probably not working out.

Hahaha, probably.

I've personally learnt to never let myself feel sorry or in the wrong when I am not. Spent too long apologising and feeling guilty for things that weren't my fault, and now I look back and think what an idiot I was for not being more confident in myself and trusting myself.
Reply 33
Never put your faith in a girl or you will be disappointed.
Physical appearance is the only thing that makes girls different from each other.
Don't get caught by your girlfriend writing literotica for another TSR member :noway:
(Don't do it in the first place ffs)

As someone has already said, don't make your life revolve around the other person

Unless you have lots of money, being in an LDR isn't that nice :nope:
Original post by LordVoldemort1
1) To not be so gullible, and believe everything that someone says.
2) Trust is something that cannot be easily regained.
3) Do not waste your time unless you believe you actually have a future with the person.

Amen on number 3, I cannot stress that enough.

I don't see why people would date someone with the view that they will eventually end it with that person... :dontknow:
Never go out with someone who doesn't have the same work ethic as you. They pull you back or you pull them back and you can't organise seeing each other properly without arguments because you don't understand why the other works the way they do. Just soooooooo annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thoyub
Never put your faith in a girl or you will be disappointed.
Physical appearance is the only thing that makes girls different from each other.

:frown: I hope you know this isn't true! If you do I feel really bad for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending