The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

entry requirements for Uni

Hi, so i'm gonna apply to KCL,i have the french Baccalauréat, With 16 in bio and 13 in chem, but i have 12.7 in overall (and KCL want 13). Would those 0.3 point missing would be enough for them not to consider my application or my extra curricular activities and the 16 in bio would make up for it ?
Reply 1
Which subject are you applying for? Are your grades predicted or achieved? If they're achieved then you may be out of luck. Try emailing them to see if they will still consider applications not meeting the entry requirements; some places auto-reject those not meeting the requirements, others consider you if you're close to them.

But definitely know that King's is a high risk choice and properly balance your risk as a result of that.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
I'm applying for Medical Physiology BSc (and the grades are achieved). i'm going to call them i think, it's just 0.3 points in overall, otherwise i meet the requirements for bio and chemistry, and also took some options for my baccalauréat.

Can i ask for an interview to show that i'm motivated, that i have scholastic activites and what not ?
Reply 3
Original post by Sanco
I'm applying for Medical Physiology BSc (and the grades are achieved). i'm going to call them i think, it's just 0.3 points in overall, otherwise i meet the requirements for bio and chemistry, and also took some options for my baccalauréat.

Can i ask for an interview to show that i'm motivated, that i have scholastic activites and what not ?

Good idea, definitely ring them. If they interview for the course but not international students then you can probably request one but you'll have to ask them.

Also, it remains true that the vast majority of applicants will meet or exceed the requirements so you'll be fighting an uphill battle. You need some safer choices to apply to as well.
Reply 4
Ok thanks a lot

And I just thought about something, I haven't taken the TOEFL exam to be able to study in the UK. But i'm going to, and i'm pretty sure i'll have good grades, would that help ? i think it will.

and i really am motivated. Bottom line, i think if they say no, i'd add those 0.3 points on UCAS in despair.... They won't check my grades with the french exam board, will they ?
Reply 5
Original post by Sanco
Ok thanks a lot

And I just thought about something, I haven't taken the TOEFL exam to be able to study in the UK. But i'm going to, and i'm pretty sure i'll have good grades, would that help ? i think it will.

and i really am motivated. Bottom line, i think if they say no, i'd add those 0.3 points on UCAS in despair.... They won't check my grades with the french exam board, will they ?

If you lie about your grades it can lead to your application and all offers being cancelled. They will want proof of your grades, so it would be a foolish thing to do.
Reply 6
I know T_T ... but i'm really scared not being able to get in just because of those 0.3 points missing.. i just hope i'll be able to ask for an interview to show that i deserve to go there

Quick Reply

Latest