The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katyness
As soon as I saw that you quoted me, I knew that I was in trouble.

But you know, I've got to hand it to you, you were right all along. This week I realised that the reason I can't get a boyfriend is because I don't want one. It actually came as a shock to me because I thought that's what I wanted. Oh well. :rolleyes:

And I'm only attracted to white guys so... that too.

Well I'm glad I have such a fearsome reputation.

I must have been confused by your constantly going on about it in every thread.

That's fine, but saying you see Asians as "hobos in the street" is just being a twunt. Like once, a large girls from my course tried to pull me in a nightclub. I didn't say "get off me you ugly fat bitch", because I'm not a ****. I said "sorry, I have a girlfriend", which wasn't true, but I try not to be a complete bellend.

I know plenty of lovely people who have told me, when it has come up, they aren't attracted to a particular race. The difference being they would never say it like you did.

The only people who have the right to have "no filter" are small children and people with learning difficulties. I'm guessing the problem you have isn't that guys have this strong dislike of virgins, it's that your a bit of a nasty person. Maybe they don't tell you that because they are trying to be polite.
Reply 61
Original post by 2710
It really isn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It really is.

How is "I would never go out with X person because they're X race" not racist?!
Reply 62
I get on well with them. I just wouldn't like to have them as my partners. And so I'm racist.

Yes. Saying that you'd never consider dating an Asian man purely because he's Asian is racist. How is that difficult to see?

Imagine if the situation was reversed: "I'd never date a white girl, I just honestly don't find white girls attractive. I just don't. I really, really don't. I find it odd when I think about being with a white girl."

Does that feel good? Does that feel like an okay thing to say?
Reply 63
Original post by Катя
It really is.

How is "I would never go out with X person because they're X race" not racist?!

Read what you quoted previously 'clearly'.

I am not attracted to people of african descent, physically, you can argue all day but it does not change the fact.

However, I am not ruling them out. I may meet someone of african descent and fall in love, who knows. But the fact that you are categorising a natural feeling, or even a 'lack of' feeling to be racist is very over the top. So are you telling me that for me not to be racist, I have to be 'attracted' to people I am physically not attracted to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by fat_hobbit
If someone is going to date an asian guy who looks like a white guy, then they should just date a white guy.

By the way, this is exactly why A LOT of asian men and women develop an inferiority complex and try to be somebody they are not. Because they want bitches like katyness to accept them for who they are.

I agree with that. But my point was you can't tell someone's race by looking at them always (the top guy looks a bit white and the bottom guy looks Asian but it's the other way around), and Katyness was saying that it's not the looks it's being Asian that is unattractive, so my point was if she found someone of ambiguous race attractive, would she suddenly go off them if she found out they were Asian?

I think that's really sad. There are plenty of other people who actually like Asians
Reply 65
I get on well with them.

With "them"... because, you know, Asians are so radically different from us "regular" white people... :facepalm:

You get on well with people of different ethnic origins. Wow. So kind. Amazing. Would you like a medal?

Yes. And I said that because I find them unattractive. So?

Ok, for a comparison, I've always had a thing for big boobs. Love 'em. So if on one of the many threads we have on here saying "I'm insecure about my small boobs", if I went on and said-

"Small boobs are ugly, to me anyone with small boobs is a hobo in the gutter, you'd better not have any standards because you're just unattractive."

You wouldn't think I was being a bellend?
Reply 67
Original post by Mankytoes
Well I'm glad I have such a fearsome reputation.

I must have been confused by your constantly going on about it in every thread.

That's fine, but saying you see Asians as "hobos in the street" is just being a twunt. Like once, a large girls from my course tried to pull me in a nightclub. I didn't say "get off me you ugly fat bitch", because I'm not a ****. I said "sorry, I have a girlfriend", which wasn't true, but I try not to be a complete bellend.

I know plenty of lovely people who have told me, when it has come up, they aren't attracted to a particular race. The difference being they would never say it like you did.

The only people who have the right to have "no filter" are small children and people with learning difficulties. I'm guessing the problem you have isn't that guys have this strong dislike of virgins, it's that your a bit of a nasty person. Maybe they don't tell you that because they are trying to be polite.

I never rejected a person in a nasty manner. And I would never ever tell a guy how I feel about other races or controversial issues like these, I say stuff like that to my friends/people I'm comfortable with/people on the internet.

I get what you mean though. But I'm 100% sure that those guys rejected me because of my lack of bedroom skills - it was quite obvious.
Reply 68
To me Asian people look exactly like white people but with a tan and different colouring. I've seen some Asian people with blue eyes and blonde hair and they look exactly like white people to me.
IMO Asian people are very good looking - that's why I married one:biggrin:
Reply 69
Original post by Катя
Yes. Saying that you'd never consider dating an Asian man purely because he's Asian is racist. How is that difficult to see?

Imagine if the situation was reversed: "I'd never date a white girl, I just honestly don't find white girls attractive. I just don't. I really, really don't. I find it odd when I think about being with a white girl."

Does that feel good? Does that feel like an okay thing to say?

Original post by Катя
With "them"... because, you know, Asians are so radically different from us "regular" white people... :facepalm:

You get on well with people of different ethnic origins. Wow. So kind. Amazing. Would you like a medal?

LOL. What? I'm not white.

Original post by Tinuviel
Let me guess, you only find those of "Aryan" descent attractive?

I don't actually like blondes but I always seem to end up with them somehow.
Reply 70
Original post by Enigma55
To me Asian people look exactly like white people but with a tan and different colouring. I've seen some Asian people with blue eyes and blonde hair and they look exactly like white people to me.
IMO Asian people are very good looking - that's why I married one:biggrin:

A natural asian with blue eyes and blonde hair??! Or dyed and contacts? Ive never seen one :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by 2710
Read what you quoted 'clearly'.

I am not attracted to people of african descent, physically, you can argue all day but it does not change the fact.

However, I am not ruling them out. I may meet someone of african descent and fall in love, who knows. But the fact that you are categorising a natural feeling, or even a 'lack of' feeling to be racist is very over the top. So are you telling me that for me not to be racist, I have to be 'attracted' to people I am physically not attracted to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course you're not physically attracted to them, you've grown up in a society where people of African descent are rarely, if ever, presented as "attractive" or "rich" or "glamorous".

It's not a "natural feeling", it's a conditioned feeling.

It's kind of like when girls say that they like getting bikini waxes, and that they "do it for themselves", and that "it's just my preference". No, it's not a preference. It's painful and expensive and unnecessary. It's not a preference, it's something that you feel obliged to do.

(Obviously this whole "my deeply ingrained racist preferences are natural" shebang isn't something you feel obliged to do, and I know my example above isn't really a good one, but it's the only thing I can think of now.)

I used to be just like you, though. I was really angry at first, too. Then, I calmed down and thought about it for a few days and painfully realised that, yes, I have internalised racism and started to view non-whites as "other people", as people not really that worthy of being my potential partners or whatever. And that was hard to accept, too.

Nobody is saying that you have to go out and start dating every African person ever. However, it is important to realise that your "natural preferences" are probably not "natural" at all. They're a social thing.

Please read this. It says it much better than me.
Reply 72
LOL. What? I'm not white.

Ah, surprising. Usually it's white people who pull the "my racist preferences are natural" card.

Did you read anything else I wrote, or?
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I agree with that. But my point was you can't tell someone's race by looking at them always (the top guy looks a bit white and the bottom guy looks Asian but it's the other way around), and Katyness was saying that it's not the looks it's being Asian that is unattractive, so my point was if she found someone of ambiguous race attractive, would she suddenly go off them if she found out they were Asian?

I think that's really sad. There are plenty of other people who actually like Asians

When I dated my ex, she was like katyness. White a bit narrow minded.

She used to talk about how "some brown guy was chasing her around the club", when probably he just asked her for her number. Or like at one time during dinner went "I never thought I would date a muslim guy, if it doesn't work out with you I probably never will again" (I am not religious)

She fell for me, because she eventually overlooked the fact I was a brown boy, and gave things a chance. We ended up having a great 6 months together, until going long distance eventually ****ed it all up. But imagine if she was as stubborn as katyness, she would have lost out on that experience.

Sadly, later I thought to myself - man if I met my girl in a club I probably would have never been given a chance. By the way,that is the sad reality asian men face.

I have preferences like katyness, I don't particularly fancy black girls, but if I met one I got along with you know I would date her, no problem. I can also appreciate good looking black girls - beyonce/toni braxton for example.
(edited 10 years ago)
Seriously, you can't have standards. Asian men are ugly.

I admire how brutally honest you are at times on TSR.

But there are some good looking Asian guys around.
Original post by fat_hobbit
When I dated my ex, she was like katyness. White a bit narrow minded.

She used to talk about how "some brown guy was chasing her around the club", when probably he just asked her for her number. Or like at one time during dinner went "I never thought I would date a muslim guy, if it doesn't work out with you I probably never will again" (I am not religious)

She fell for me, because she eventually overlooked the fact I was a brown boy, and gave things a chance. We ended up having a great 6 months together, until going long distance eventually ****ed it all up. But imagine if she was as stubborn as katyness, she would have lost out on that experience.

Sadly, later I thought to myself - man if I met my girl in a club I probably would have never been given a chance. By the way,that is the sad reality asian men face.

I have preferences like katyness, I don't particularly fancy black girls, but if I met one I got along with you know I would date her, no problem. I can also appreciate good looking black girls - beyonce for example.

That is really strange. I don't understand why anyone would have that opinion. I think unfortunately, a lot of people assume "fresh" asian guys are representative of everyone when they are not. (I'm assuming you know what I mean by "fresh")

I have preferences too. I prefer Asian guys, because I like dark hair. But like you if I found someone of a different race attractive, that wouldn't matter.

I mean I don't particularly like blondes. That doesn't mean I think all blondes are ugly and hobos :s-smilie:
japan.jpg

what about this one? Is he unattractive as well??
Reply 77
Original post by Катя
Of course you're not physically attracted to them, you've grown up in a society where people of African descent are rarely, if ever, presented as "attractive" or "rich" or "glamorous".

It's not a "natural feeling", it's a conditioned feeling.

It's kind of like when girls say that they like getting bikini waxes, and that they "do it for themselves", and that "it's just my preference". No, it's not a preference. It's painful and expensive and unnecessary. It's not a preference, it's something that you feel obliged to do.

(Obviously this whole "my deeply ingrained racist preferences are natural" shebang isn't something you feel obliged to do, and I know my example above isn't really a good one, but it's the only thing I can think of now.)

I used to be just like you, though. I was really angry at first, too. Then, I calmed down and thought about it for a few days and painfully realised that, yes, I have internalised racism and started to view non-whites as "other people", as people not really that worthy of being my potential partners or whatever. And that was hard to accept, too.

Nobody is saying that you have to go out and start dating every African person ever. However, it is important to realise that your "natural preferences" are probably not "natural" at all. They're a social thing.

Please read this. It says it much better than me.

Ok, I see your point. Maybe it is not a 'natural' feeling per se, maybe it could have been affected by social perception and environmental factors. But at the end of the day, my feelings currently are that I have never been personally attracted to any person of african descent, would it not be logical to conclude that I am unattracted to them? Does it really make me racist?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by Катя
Ah, surprising. Usually it's white people who pull the "my racist preferences are natural" card.

Did you read anything else I wrote, or?

The big essay? Yes.

I'm a mix of Asian, Black and Caucasian. I get on with every single race. I've got family and friends from all over the world. I don't consider myself racist and I don't see other races as minorities or not good enough - you know, since I'm a bit of everything.

You can say what you want but I'm not racist. I don't find Asian men attractive and that's my preference. Don't shift your previous racist mind to me, I'm not like you.

And with this, I'm going to leave because this is getting boring.
Why am I being a bitch exactly? Because I'm not attracted to asians or because of the way I said it?

Hey, is he ugly as well?? I respect ur opinion but do u like any of these guys??

japan.jpg

hrithik_roshan.jpg

Latest

Trending

Trending